• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Diet

You might be interested in this... there's a website that has an assessment of the calories per meal

www.thecaloriecounter.com

just remember a person's average consumption is between 1500-2000 cal/day

In addition, for filipinos with small to medium built (average) 1200-1500 cal/day and 100-150 grams of protein/day :thumbsupsmiley:

In addition, for filipinos with small to medium built (average) 1200-1500 cal/day and 100-150 grams of protein/day :thumbsupsmiley:

I beg to refute your statement above freezer. 1200-1500 calories a day??? Too low my friend. I'd say 2000 to 2500 calories a day. And 100-150 grams of protein? Where did you get this info? If you're referring to athletes or bodybuilders for that matter, then obviously protein requirements will need to go up. But for the individual who doesn't engage in strenuous activities, US FDA only recommends at least 20 grams a day for the ordinary individual. I think you are misleading alot of people.

do you guys drink? i have 2 drinks a night, is that too much

If you must drink stay away from beer, even light beer as it has too much carbs.

The safest drink to drink for dieters would be a Bacardi and Diet Coke - LowCal (65 calories in a shot of Bacardi, 0 calories in Diet Coke), LowCarb (0 Carbs if the Bacardi ad is to be believed).

been working out for almost 2 weeks now and i only lost 3lbs. that's also with reduced rice and no sweets already. when i go hungry, i eat a piece of banana. that's it. and i only lost 3lbs. i need help. my target is to lose 40lbs.

At this stage, your weight loss is probably water weight loss.

Dont starve yourself - the more you starve yourself the more chances there are that you would backslide and binge.

Learn to eat 4-6 small meals a day - that means you should be eating every 4 - 6 hours ... but the portions should be small. Rice is still okay as long as you dont eat kilos and kilos of it. Fruits are good but beware of its sugar content.

High protein, low carb diet with lots of vegetables (at least 6 kinds of colored veggies) would be ideal; have at least 3 servings of low fat milk / milk products a day - that includes low fat milk, low fat yogurt, low fat cheese etc. Drink LOTS and LOTS of water - as in lots. It not only fills you up it also cleans you out and clears your skin.

40 lbs is a huge target - set realistic chunks of weight loss as your subtargets. And remember, Rome was not built in a day ... you wont lose 40 lbs in a month ... not if you intend to keep the weight you have lost off.

PS - Check your workout routine - make sure youre doing enough cardio; but make sure you balance it off w/ resistance (weight training) - you need to lose fat and build muscle.

A good power bar before workout always helps. Can't train hard when you're gettin hungry. A granola bar or some trail mix is also a good alternative.

After workout, that's when I take some protein shake and some dinner. Can't sleep though for the next two hours.

Power Bar = Sugar rush. You'll really feel the kick.

guys, has anyone of you heard of snow lotus or kefir? I consider this as a diet food. It is a kind of yogurt and claims to be a cure-a-lot, even preventing or curing the early stage of colon cancer.

basta try nyo na lang research sa internet about this.