SSS Inquiries... Let Me Help You...

Hello deinyttym,

I have several questions, hihingi lang po ng tulong.

I closed my business last February 2010, and already have the approval of closure from City Hall and the barangay in the same month, but have yet to get the final certificate of closure from the BIR because of red tape. Because of that, we haven't been able to file the R-8 for closure of account sa SSS (kailangan din kasi attached to R-8 ang proof of closure from BIR, tama ba?). Now in the eyes of SSS, all this time since Feb 2010, the business has not been remitting its monthly R-5 and loan remittances, tama po ba? So pag titingnan sa file, delinquent ako because SSS does not know yet about the closure.

Question is, how do I remedy the situation without having to pay back dues and penalties? Because in the first place the monthly R-5 wasn't supposed to be paid anymore, the business having ended in February. Do I have to pay a corresponding penalty all the same?

Also, I had a total of 4 employees, and 3 of them had outstanding salary loans at the time of the business closure. What happens to those loans now? 2 of the employees immediately found new employment (but their new employers aren't registered with the SSS), one went back to the province without even consulting SSS about what to do with his SSS loan, while the other one (also with outstanding loan) has retired because of old age. Is there anything I should do as former employer, or is it their sole responsibility to follow up and pay their loans? On the same vein, the loan remittance situation here is similar to our R-5 situation: because we closed the business in February, the final loan remittance was made in March, as per SSS rules. But then ever since March, we have not remitted any loan amortizations to the SSS because the business was closed already. As with the R-5 situation, the problem is the SSS has not yet received our application to close business yet. How might this be remedied with minimal cost?

Thanks a lot, and sorry for the ultra long post.

hello deepdiverboy

sir regarding the termination of your company's operation. please submit a duly accomplished sss r-8 form (termination of operation) attached with the certification from the city hall justifying that you ceased operation to avoid unnecessary penalties. if the branch still insist the certification from BIR, you are not required to pay the penalties due to the delay of the said supporting documents.

about your ee's with outstanding loan. it's their obligation to inform their new employer or pay the loan on their own. all loans will be deducted to the member if they file a final claim like retirement, disability and death benefit.

you are no longer liable to their loan obligations with sss.

i hope this clarifies your inquiries with sss.

Pumunta ko sa sss makati ave branch last week para magpa-ID, sabi nung nakausap ko sa main daw dapat pumunta... <_<

Anyway, where can i get a copy of schedule of contributions for the year 2004-2006? Wala kasi sa sss website. Thanks!

Pumunta ko sa sss makati ave branch last week para magpa-ID, sabi nung nakausap ko sa main daw dapat pumunta... <_<

Anyway, where can i get a copy of schedule of contributions for the year 2004-2006? Wala kasi sa sss website. Thanks!

hello FL

yup sa sss member assistance center diliman branch (wala na pong main office) na lang ang id capturing and you can also get a copy of the lastest contribution table there. :)

hi just want to inquire

im here in kuwait now for three years i want to continue my sss contribution and before i left the philippines i took a loan what do i have to do to arrange all of this po

hello rean23

bossing you can continue paying your contribution as an OFW member. attached a photocopy of your contract (show original copy of contract for authentication)with the sss form ow-1. the sss kuwait branch is located at the embassy of the philippines, block 7, street 103, villa 503 jabriya, state of kuwait.

you can also inquire your previous loan at the said sss branch.

question: i was an sss member with regular contributions from 2000 - 2009... in 2009 i migrated abroad and stopped paying sss... is it possible na ituloy yung payments? may penalty ba? magkano?

hello ^o^

bossing immigrant ka dyan and not as an OFW? yes, you can still continue to pay your sss contribution: if immigrant, as voluntary paying member. look for a bank there accrediting our local banks (PNB, metrobank, china bank, bdo, etc.) here which is also accredited by the sss to collect payments of contribution.

hello deepdiverboy

sir regarding the termination of your company's operation. please submit a duly accomplished sss r-8 form (termination of operation) attached with the certification from the city hall justifying that you ceased operation to avoid unnecessary penalties. if the branch still insist the certification from BIR, you are not required to pay the penalties due to the delay of the said supporting documents.

about your ee's with outstanding loan. it's their obligation to inform their new employer or pay the loan on their own. all loans will be deducted to the member if they file a final claim like retirement, disability and death benefit.

you are no longer liable to their loan obligations with sss.

i hope this clarifies your inquiries with sss.

Thanks a lot, deinttym. I just went to the SSS branch near us today, and that's what they said too. As long as the City Hall closure papers show the February date, I won't be in any trouble. :)

hello FL

yup sa sss member assistance center diliman branch (wala na pong main office) na lang ang id capturing and you can also get a copy of the lastest contribution table there. :)

Ok, thanks. :)

Question sana. I heard you can go ahead and apply for the SSS Loan without the Digitized SSS ID, you just need 2 valid IDs. is this true? ill try to look for the link my friend was talking about.

Lastly, gaano katagal bago makuha ung 1st loan. Plan ko kc magapply.

hello Gambitness

yes you can IF YOU HAVE an acknowledgement stub of the sss E6 form (application for the new sss id card).

bossing if you are qualified for a sss salary loan, mabilis magka-check sa loan. one to two days lang.ang matagal po thru mailing. :)

Sir, I'd just like to know what number to contact to have your password reset for SSS for viewing the contributions online... I forgot the email that I used to register it and right now it's not allowing me to login... it's convenient to view it online rather than go to the SSS office and line up...

thanks and more power

Sir, I'd just like to know what number to contact to have your password reset for SSS for viewing the contributions online... I forgot the email that I used to register it and right now it's not allowing me to login... it's convenient to view it online rather than go to the SSS office and line up...

thanks and more power

hello MitchCadiz :)

bossing you can call 920-6446 to 55 to retrieve or reset your password.

i would just like to know i was paying my sss contributions for 2 years i think and after d na ako nag bayad ulit coz ala na ako income and im planning to pay again but as voluntary na. how much is the minimum ba? another is can i add my son as a beneficiary online? thanks.

hey lonely62699 :)

the minimum contribution is 104 pesos per month. fill up a sss receipt rs-5 for voluntary paying member.

bossing filing for an additional beneficiary are still done thru branches po. kindly accomplish a sss form e-4 attached with a photocopy of your son's birth certificate (bring the original nso copy for authentication)

good day

• 4 months later...

i applied for the replacement SSS ID card last year mag Decmber din yun kasi nadukoy wallet ko and all of mu ID's are there. so kumuha ako ng replacement then na picturan na ako for teh ID but until now wala pa yung ID and when i check online the status of my ID card is still for FOR CARD PRINTING. gaano ba katagal mag print ng ID CARD? sa LTO nga on the same day makukuha mo na agad yung Driverse License Card mo eh.

I also applied for a replacement ID last May. Usually 1 month, ok na. When I came back in June, this December daw ako bumalik, kasi me backlog. And I had my picture taken at the Diliman branch, because the Alabang branch (where I'm closest) hasn't been able to process ID requests for over a year because their machines haven't been fixed.

Edited by Darien Faust

i've been to SSS more frequent these past months. talked to some guys at ID center, they say that ID capture is still ongoing, but the card production is serviced by a 3rd party (or i don't know exactly).. the last ID produced was those captured (pictures taken) up to Oct 2009.

i've been to SSS more frequent these past months. talked to some guys at ID center, they say that ID capture is still ongoing, but the card production is serviced by a 3rd party (or i don't know exactly).. the last ID produced was those captured (pictures taken) up to Oct 2009.

true sir. iba yung id capturing at iba din ang id production. very sorry for the delay.

Merry Christmas