Boston Celtics

These are assumptions. Hayward is an All-Star and if he can thrive under the system of Quin Snynder, think of how much he'll improve under his coach at Butler whom he is more comfortable with. Butler was a three point shot away from upsetting heavy favorite Duke.

Nope, I don't think Lue can figure out a way to stop an unpredictable player. He can score from anywhere and he's not even in his prime yet.

Only Steph Curry can score from anywhere until proven otherwise. Ok, Larry Bird too if you include that commercial with Jordan. :lol:

That line up is too small and too vulnerable. Golden State will shoot over that line up or overpower them on the inside. Do you actually think IT and Rose can stop Thompson should he decide to post any of them up? Where is the flaw in my rebuttal? When I said that James or Love can't stop Durant, my basis was the 2017 Finals. It's clear as day they can't stop him.

You missed my point. It's in the offensive side that the Cavs were trying to counter the Warriors death lineup -- it's given that the Cavs still can't hang with them on defense.

Correction, it's their offense that is on full gear when playoff time comes. The Cs weren't without their best player in that series. The series may have gone 6 or 7 if Isaiah was at full strength. That offense is now without a major component with the loss of Irving.

Then I would assume you haven't watched that much Kyrie Irving.

Nope, Cavs defense ranks 20+ during the regular season, their offense ranks in the top 5. It is during the playoffs that they put prime in their defense.

Even IT plays on that series, the series would still be done in 5 or 6 games.

So you really haven't watched Kyrie Irving play that much. Maybe I should have qualified what I said to "Irving could score from anywhere within 30 feet of the basket regardless if he is defended or not". Kaya lang pinasok mo na ng pagkapilosopo mo. :lol:

Hmm, perhaps you should have. Of course, I have not watched Kyrie Irving play from high school to pro, but that's not the point now, is it? :)

Really? The Cavs in the playoffs averaged 116.2 while allowing their opponents 108.3 ppg. In the regular season, the Cavs averaged 110.3 while allowing their opponents 107.2 ppg. Their defense improved by only 0.9 ppg in the playoffs which is negligible while their offense improved by an average of almost 6 points per game. What "Cavs are putting prime on defense" are you talking about?

So you're basis on the defense is only based on the allowed points? How about those dirty little extra effort that cannot be seen on the stats sheet?

Anyway, let's see what will happen next season.

The point I was making is he can score from anywhere within 30 feet from the basket regardless if he is guarded well or not.

So can Jimmer Fredette in China.

If you want to hype up Kyrie that's one thing. But don't act like his old team won't figure out a way to make his life harder to get his 20+ pts. that's just borderline crazy right there.

These are assumptions. Hayward is an All-Star and if he can thrive under the system of Quin Snynder, think of how much he'll improve under his coach at Butler whom he is more comfortable with. Butler was a three point shot away from upsetting heavy favorite Duke.

Nope, I don't think Lue can figure out a way to stop an unpredictable player. He can score from anywhere and he's not even in his prime yet.

We are not talking about the Chinese basketball league. We are talking about the NBA. :lol: Let's put context in the discussion. Maybe they will, maybe they won't but if a superior defensive team like the Ws were having a hard time figuring him out, what more the Cavs? Remember, most of the Celtics are new and IT only played with Horford and Brown so he won't be able to figure out the tendencies of the others.

You should heed your own advice. Cheers.

The Cavs are in a conundrum because they have two starting point guards in Rose and Thomas. If Lue favors one over the other, there may be resentment. I think Thomas gets the nod of Lue and they will trade Rose by the trade deadline. IT is used to being the man in Boston. Will he agree to play second fiddle to James? Maybe, maybe not. Brad Stevens made Isaiah the player that he is today. He won't be with that coach anymore. Irving, a couple of years younger than IT, has not reached his prime yet and he already made the greatest shot in NBA Finals history. Irving will only improve under the tutelage of Brad. I read somewhere that Marcus Morris is the best defender on Lebron James based on analytics so there will be hard times ahead for James when the Cavs and Cs meet. The Cs can throw multiple defenders at James in Hayward, Brown, Tatum and Morris. I think the Cs beat the Cavs in 6 if they ever meet in the ECF.

lue has to satisfy both IT and d-rose in terms of playing time and responsibility, being PGs. can lue do it considering that d-rose signed with the cavs expecting him to run the show with james. can IT and d-rose co-exist on the floor? my take? one of them has to go.

lue has to satisfy both IT and d-rose in terms of playing time and responsibility, being PGs. can lue do it considering that d-rose signed with the cavs expecting him to run the show with james. can IT and d-rose co-exist on the floor? my take? one of them has to go.

It would be hard for IT2 and Rose to co-exist unless IT2 can adjust to a spot-up shooter in that case. Rose can't/won't adjust so it'd have to be IT2 or Rose has to go to the bench.

Back to the C's, I don't see Brad changing his scheme drastically. It's just plug-and-play from IT2 to Kyrie on offense. The notable adjustments will come from the defensive side. It'll also be interesting on who can step up to bring some offense on their bench.

This just in: After Thomas took his physical in Cleveland, the Cavaliers are reconsidering the Irving to Celtics trade. Isaiah's injury must be worst than it was reported or the Cavs just want squeeze more draft picks from the Celtics to get the trade done.

Edited by gulayat

I read this earlier. If they demand more draft picks, Danny should just nix the deal. Irving is a super talent but if the Cavs ask for more, they can have Irving. The Cavs have no leverage since Irving wants out.

danny should not give in to add more pieces to the irving trade. what danny gave was already enough to consummate the deal. if the cavs want to opt out of the deal then let it be and if the deal doesn't push through then the Cs get back IT, jae and the brooklyn pick. sa tingin ko nga mas okay pa ito. besides with irving demanding to be traded cavs can't expect the same old irving playing for them...unless mr. clutch decides to do a 180 degree turnaround.

I read this earlier. If they demand more draft picks, Danny should just nix the deal. Irving is a super talent but if the Cavs ask for more, they can have Irving. The Cavs have no leverage since Irving wants out.

I just hope he wont give in if the Cavs ask for more

Edited by gulayat

You are obviously trying to wiggle your way out of this by pointing out my post which I mentioned Butler in passing because the crux of my post was Gordon Hayward. The next time you quote my post, read and understand what is being posted. The crux of your post was comparing Fredette to Irving which is really an asinine comparison considering that the Chinese basketball league is not comparable to the NBA.

Absolutely

You wouldn't be making a point about how close Butler beating Duke, if you had "mentioned Butler in passing".

Your reading level and comprehension level are not aligned buddy.

Thank you. :)

Read somewhere that IT is disappointed that the C's traded him after giving his all for the team. If the deal with the Cavs doesn't push through i wonder how this would impact their relationship ... considering "trust" issues.

The Cavs can continue to look for a deal that suits them there is no rush at the end of the day KI is still under contract for a few more years. It is not as if a case similar to PG wherein they'll end up loosing him for nothing at the end of the season if they don't trade him now.

Read somewhere that IT is disappointed that the C's traded him after giving his all for the team. If the deal with the Cavs doesn't push through i wonder how this would impact their relationship ... considering "trust" issues.

The Cavs can continue to look for a deal that suits them there is no rush at the end of the day KI is still under contract for a few more years. It is not as if a case similar to PG wherein they'll end up loosing him for nothing at the end of the season if they don't trade him now.

Kyrie can be the man next season since the rumor mill is pumping up LeBron to be a goner. If IT2 does remain in Boston, then it wouldn't be so much of a trust issue, but he'll probably think twice about risking his health in order to put wins on the board when he's trying to cash a max contract next season.

Hilarious. I exposed your moronic comparison and you are lamely trying to twist what I said because I exposed your Fredette-Irving comparison. Nice try. It is your comprehension that needs sharpening. :lol:

You're not welcome. :lol:

There's nothing moronic about Kyrie to Fredette when it was analogous to the stretch you made about Brad coaching Hayward in Butler can help Kyrie. But it's ok buddy, just keep digging on holes and shooting bricks. :)

You are sadly mistaken. This is about you, repeatedly picking up the mic that I dropped in a form of a reply. B)

There you go, pick it up little James. :)

It's only a matter of time...

The kid still couldn't let go of his already-vitiated flimsy argument. You are too easy, way too easy. Try harder, kid. :lol:

Atta boy. That's a good pup. :)