Boston Celtics

Overrated? If anything, IT was an underrated player who wasn't really expected to be a big-time scorer when he came to Boston. Under the tutelage of Brad Stevens, IT played way above his potential. He's too short to be a go-to-player, yet, Boston depended on him during crunch time. He was the Cs' main man when he was with the Cs.

What did Brad's "tutelage" exactly do to help IT2 become a better scorer? Nothing in terms of teaching. It was about opportunity.

IT2 just found himself in a team without a true #1 Option. Brad simply decided to give him the "green light" because he knew he had the talent to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

What did Brad's "tutelage" exactly do to help IT2 become a better scorer? Nothing in terms of teaching. It was about opportunity.

IT2 just found himself in a team without a true #1 Option. Brad simply decided to give him the "green light" because he knew he had the talent to do it.

totally agreed with this one. when tjimas went to celtics they have no go to player at that time.

You really should review IT's career before he came to Boston and when he was in Boston when Brad was already the coach. If he really had that talent, why wasn't he a 29-point scorer with other teams? He had the opportunity in mediocre Sacramento and Phoenix teams. Between Boston and those two teams, he had so much more opportunity to shine in Sacramento and Phoenix and become an all-league scorer.

You can ask Demarcus Cousins, Goran Dragic, and Eric Bledsoe about that.

For all of Kyrie's diva-like tendencies, he's still hands down the better player here. He's a more than fair trade off for Thomas. What I didn't like though was they had to let go of Crowder.

Huh? Rewind what you just said.

You just said Kyrie is the better player, then the next sentence you try to imply that Kyrie for Thomas straight up is fair?!

I think you just answered your own question on why Crowder had to be included.

Zizic was just a talent flier and to help the trade in salaries work out. The 2nd-round pick was a "I'm sorry, we're also trading Thomas who may have a bad hip" peace offering.

You just said Kyrie is the better player, then the next sentence you try to imply that Kyrie for Thomas straight up is fair?!

Zizic was just a talent flier and to help the trade in salaries work out. The 2nd-round pick was a "I'm sorry, we're also trading Thomas who may have a bad hip" peace offering.

I said "MORE THAN FAIR," not fair.

These pictures don't support your argument. Again, there was a dearth of talent on those teams. Don't give me pictures which really don't help your argument. If you can't answer my question because you really don't know, just say so instead of giving me lame posts of pics and names. :lol:

But I will indulge you on your lame pics and names and destroy your argument again. Demarcus Cousins is talented but he is not the whole Sacramento team, hence, I said that there is a dearth of talent. In spite of Cousins and Thomas, the Kings lacked the talent to compete. They didn't even make the playoffs when they were together. So the Suns had IT, Bledsoe and Dragic, yet, why didn't they even make the playoffs? Bledsoe and Dragic are good players but they just don't have the eye-popping talent that would make a team splurge on them. The Suns and Kings lacked the talent to qualify for the playoffs that is why I said there is a dearth of talent in those teams that IT played in. The fact of the matter is when IT played under Brad, Brad brought out the best in him as evidenced by his all-league scoring average. Prior to his stint in Boston, IT's best scoring season was when he was at Sacramento when he was averaging around 20 ppg. Under Brad for a full season, he eclipsed his best scoring season when he was at Sacramento. It wasn't the opportunity because he had a chance to be a 30-point scorer with mediocre teams. It was the coach who knew how to utilize him and maximize his talents.

Avery Bradley SG

Jaylen Brown SF

Jae Crowder SF

Gerald Green SF

Al Horford C

Demetrius Jackson PG

Jonas Jerebko PF

Amir Johnson PF

Jordan Mickey PF

Kelly Olynyk C

Terry Rozier PG

Marcus Smart SG

Isaiah Thomas PG

James Young SG

Tyler Zeller C

So name a #1 Scoring Option in that group not named Isaiah Thomas.

Did Thomas have to fight for minutes in the backcourt with that group?

http://media.masslive.com/celtics_impact/photo/danny-ainge-6f5b7afe980b86bf.jpg

Edited by TheListOfJon

You just said Kyrie is the better player, then the next sentence you try to imply that Kyrie for Thomas straight up is fair MORE THAN FAIR?!

I said "MORE THAN FAIR," not fair.

The perfect response to this is your tag line.

"Are you Syeting me?!"

IT started out as a sixth man with the Cs. He wasn't made into a starter until his second season with the Cs. He was used as a spark plug off the bench when they needed some scoring punch. Like I said, review Thomas' history with the Cs before telling me that it was a a matter of opportunity.

After Rondo left, it was Smart who started at point guard. If you were a go-to-scorer, you wouldn't be used as a sixth man. It was only in his second season that Brad decided to make IT a starter since Brad had a whole summer to figure out how to utilize IT and maximize his strengths. It's not opportunity, it's the coach. IT had a lot of chances to be a 30-point scorer since he is more athletic and quicker than Dragic and Bledsoe. He had a chance to be Kobe to Cousins' Shaq. Why didn't he?

You do realize you made my point for me right? :lol:

When Thomas plays starter's minutes, he becomes a go-to scorer. Go figure.

Must be coaching Xs and Os tutelage rubbish har har har.

puta-edi-wow-0ariyc.jpg

Ano kamo? When Thomas plays starter's minutes, he becomes a go-to-scorer? Haha! So going by this idiotic argument of yours, since Tyler Zeller played starter's minutes, he then becomes a go-to-scorer. You should really brush up on your reasoning. :lol:

I would presume you don't know what you are talking about since you haven't answered a simple question based on your conjecture of an argument that it was about opportunity: Why didn't Thomas become a 30-point scorer when he had a lot of opportunities in Phoenix and Sacramento?

When you quote a post next time, make sure you know what you are quoting about and not just quote for the sake of quoting. You absolutely have no basis for your flimsy argument regarding opportunity. :lol:

Isaiah Thomas stats
Career stats
Year
Team
GP
Min
Pts
FG%
3pt%
Reb
Ast
Stl
Blk
Career

More minutes for IT2 = More opportunity for Pts. for IT2

5157b8a3c3e87a3fef5c95506abc7300.jpg

Haha! Ano kamo? More minutes is more opportunities? Your reasoning is getting more moronic by the post. Since our discussion is in the context of scoring, then you're saying that getting more minutes means more opportunities to score. So going by this dullard logic, John Wall, who played 36.4 mpg with the Wizards last season, should have had a better scoring average than IT since he played more minutes than IT, yet, he could only muster a scoring average of 23.1 ppg to IT's 28.9 ppg.

Bata, nahahalata na na wala kang alam sa pinagsasabi mo. :lol:

First off, thanks for no longer saying IT2 is a 30-point scorer. :)

Last but not the least, more minutes = more opportunities for scoring is about IT2. I never generalized by saying this applies to all players. Remember where you started of from before you nosebleed, son.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/995/415/b30.jpg

See, you're now shooting blanks bricks, son. :)

You can twist, turn, and spin it as many times as you want.

At the end of the day, you see the trend in IT2's history that you keep pointing out that for the most part, more minutes = more opportunities for pts. for IT2.

Brad maximized IT2's scoring talents by mainly removing his kid gloves and letting him play as many minutes as he can handle.

Thanks for playing. Tata! :)

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/images/stories/toinestomp.jpg

Edited by TheListOfJon

Marcus Morris is also a better match-up for Lechoke James than Jae Crowder

How so? Because Marcus was rated high defensively 2 (regular) seasons ago against LBJ yet did worse against LBJ the following (regular) season?

By the way, Crowder was rated higher than Marcus defensively overall in the league in the past 2 (regular) seasons.

Must be another one of those Celtics fanboy-based "analopinions".

Whatever, troll. You're out of topic. Pwned again. :lol:

Aww, already waved the white flag but can't admit it? :lol:

Once your washing machine starts working again, then you would be spinning another argument on why you think Marcus Morris is a better defensive match-up against LBJ compared to Jae Crowder in the past.

But evidently, all you got so far are gamer phrases. :)

Like I said, instead of yakking nonsense and trying in vain to discredit me, try doing some sleuthing to discredit my statement. Somewhere on this thread, I posted an article about Marcus Morris being the best defender on Lechoke James. Read and understand it instead of trolling on this thread and yakking nonsense. :lol:

If you say so, troll. :lol:

The washing machine was just unplugged momentarily then. :lol:

Nobody was questioning Marcus Morris's ability to defend against LBJ.

What I'm saying is why do you think Marcus is a better match-up defensively against LBJ compared to Jae Crowder?

The stats do not back up what you are spewing. The stats show Marcus did worse defensively last season against LBJ compared to two seasons ago. The numbers also show Crowder is defensively rated better higher than Marcus for the past two regular seasons.

Google is your friend. If you are lazy, then that's on you.

4b8e5333fea465fae3f3163d7cdf78fd--troll-

Edited by TheListOfJon