Boston Celtics

I've simply quoted my co-mod's original post from the previous thread as it is apparently closed / removed now.
So I guess I do not have to reiterate the reasons why thread closure or removal from the sub-forum is part of the SOP or a routine procedure especially if it is infested with violations / violators. :rolleyes:

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

As I have zero idea what you guys are talking about in this thread, I removed the old one and started a new one, feel free to post and comment, but please no flaming.

Word has it that Boston isn't sold on Fultz and is interested on another player to draft. The trade actually makes more sense since trading down to 3rd spot, they get a future pick and still get the player that they are intersted in.

Win-win for Boston imo.

As for Philly, they still trust the process and you are lookiang at a very good and young core. If they manage to stay healthy, the 76ers will be the team to contend with in the NBA in the near future.

anthony davis for boston for now baka malabo pa.

promising ang cousins aand davis big man combo.

a good point guard and small forward will be good for them.

unless they slide davis sa sf, pf si cousins and asik or ajinca for center (long shot)

Boston passed on Jimmy Butler ... i thinking Ainge is looking for something bigger

uh no... it's likely Chicago's price for Butler was too high for Ainge's liking

for now, he can just copy Belichick and stockpile on draft picks... the team is probably just another go-to scorer and a solid defensive F/C away from being championship caliber

Ainge is keen on acquiring Porzingis but Phil Jackson's asking price is too steep. This year's #3 pick, next year's Brooklyn pick, Jae Crowder and Jaylen Brown. Jackson is asking for the moon and Ainge won't give it to him. I won't trade next year's pick because that pick may turn out to be Mo Bamba or Deandre Ayton, both long and athletic super centers who can post up, hit the long bomb and score off the dribble, not to mention block shots. Also, I won't trade Jaylen Brown who is a budding superstar.

Can you blame Phil though? He's making the only player that should be untradeable, tradeable so he should ask for the moon and some stars too.

Maybe Ainge's next move will come midseason depending on how the roster turns out.

If Celts miss on Hayward, they would still be fine. They would still have lots of picks next yr as assets for trading for another star if needed.

They need to address their lack of rebounding in the season that just passed.

If Celts miss on Hayward, they would still be fine. They would still have lots of picks next yr as assets for trading for another star if needed.

They need to address their lack of rebounding in the season that just passed.

If they miss on GH after missing on PG earler and BG as well that only shows their plan A this offseason is a failure.

The east may have weakened but the question remains will these celtics equipt with their superstar clones be able to unseat king james and the Cavs next season?

Trading for Melo is surely a desperate move to try and win now ... Too desperate to even consider of thinking of it.

Edited by rooster69ph

Am not a fan of Anthony's game so i hope Danny Ainge doesnt get him. Latest is he is willing to waive NT clause for Cleveland and Houston as destination.

I am not familiar with the top recruits for coming season...but i hope the Celts gets one of them

Yes, they would still be fine. I don't think Danny would trade those picks that the Cs have next year and, to me, this is an excellent decision. Take a look at a previous post of mine regarding these picks. These picks may turn out to be Michael Porter and Deandre Ayton. Porter reminds me of Durant and Ayton reminds me of Olajuwon with a three-point shot. These two would probably be part of the next Celtic dynasty together with Tatum and Brown. For the Cs, the present is bright and the future will be brighter.

Besides, if they miss on Hayward, they still have the Anthony option.

Boston just waived Tyler Zeller. This could be a move for salary cap space for Hayward. The Cs made a qualifying offer to Olynyk but I don't think Olynyk will bite. He's probably gone. Ainge really wants Hayward and I think that the second star would be Anthony.

Yes it is, and also a cost cutting move. With Ante Zizic signed, Zeller was expendable and going to be expensive bec his contract would have beenf ull guarnteed for '17-18

Jayson Tatum scored 21 points, including the game winner ala Paul Pierce to win it for the Cs in a closely-fought contest against the Sixers in Summer League play. Jaylen Brown scored 29 points. These two are gonna be the SF and SG of the future. Or maybe the PF and SF of the future depending on the draft picks next year.

Am not use of GH's rebounding figures, but i am sure his arrival together with lottery pick Jayson Tatum will help Boston on the boards, but most esp on offense.

Hayward is not really known for rebounding but he is definitely an upgrade over Jae Crowder. Tatum reminds me of Paul Pierce with a little more length. I think Jaylen Brown will replace Jae Crowder in the starting line up. Since Brad is fond of "small ball", he may start Hayward, Brown, Horford, Bradley and Thomas. Hayward will help them spread the floor since he is a three-point threat but what is most important in getting Hayward is his shot creating. During last season, IT was the only consistent shot creator for the Cs. Jaylen Brown is another shot creator but he was getting used to the "read and react" offense of the Cs which he needed to adjust to. Besides, Brad's leash on him was still short since he was just a rookie. The Cs now have four legit shot creators: Thomas, Hayward, Brown and Tatum.

I think that Paul Pierce comparison is wrong.

If you see the guy play and defend, he is very far from PP.

PP cannot defend like that during his rookie year and his college years. Kinukumpara lang kasi medyo mabagal gumalaw lalo na pag mag ja jumpshot (magkamukha pa ng shooting stroke).

Tatum is way more athletic than the rookie PP.

This guy plays SF and PF at times, while PP plays SG on his early days in the NBA, si Walker ang SF nila nun. Nung medyo late na saka sya naglaro ng SF kasi lumaki na katawan at mas lalong bumagal.

I never said that he reminds me of Pierce in defense. If you take a look at Pierce and Tatum's offensive game, they are similar. Their footwork in isolation situations are excellent. One thing that Tatum has that Pierce does not have is an effective post game. Check out Tatum's game-winning shot in Summer League against the Sixers. That footwork while on isolation was something out of Pierce's playbook.

i saw that..

I saw PP slow movement there - veteran PP tho, not the young PP

thats why they are compared easily because of the slow but calculated movements of tatum

Edited by daphne loves derby