Boston Celtics

• 2 weeks later...

I can say that the Celtics would have been 3-0 for the season if not for the rookie mistake of Jaylen Brown against the Bulls. Rookies make mistakes and Brown made one in the most crucial of moments. It's still a long season and I really believe Brown will be a superstar someday. He is fearless and has athleticism reminiscent of Jordan and Bryant. Brad is breaking him in surely but surely.

In the Cs victory over the Hornets, the starting back court proved to be too much for the Hornets. NBA All-Defensive First Teamer Avery Bradley dropped 31 and Isaiah Thomas scored 24. Avery was on fire from deep as he drilled eight threes. Avery Bradley is a certified two-way player.

there will be days when ybe 3s will not fall. live by the 3, die by it.

the guards should learn to get their bigs more involved

• 4 weeks later...
Celtics Marcus Smart Receives Flop Warning From NBA

December 7, 2016 12:22 PM

post-481684-0-56940400-1481158581_thumb.jpg

By Matthew Geagan, CBS Boston

BOSTON (CBS) — As Al Horford missed a potential game-winning layup on Monday night in Houston, his Celtics teammate Marcus Smart ended up on the ground.

Smart was sent flying as he jockeyed for position under the basket in Boston’s loss, though it wasn’t an opposing player that turned the C’s guard into a projectile. It was Smart himself, and the NBA has taken notice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkv9NG4wUJE

Because of his acting in Houston, Smart has been issued a warning by the league for violating their anti-flopping rule. There is no fine this time, but next time, the guard won’t be as lucky.

The third-year guard has the reputation for being a notorious flopper, and Monday’s performance won’t help him shed that moniker. That play was reminiscent of Smart’s ridiculous flop in Game 3 of last season’s playoff series against the Atlanta Hawks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnjCWcrtH_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XifKYi4uYd8

Monday night’s wasn’t nearly as exaggerated as the one from the playoffs, which earned him a $5,000 fine from the league. And it turns out, Smart was actually hurt during the play:

But since he’s already received a warning (and Oscar season is just around the corner) expect Smart to get his money’s worth next time. Because we all know, with certainty, there will be a next time.

Edited by hahnz
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It helps sometimes when a fellow GM was once your team mate. However, being a fellow team mate doesn't mean the other GM will give in to you. In the trade deadline, Larry wanted the world for Paul George but Danny did not budge. I believe Larry wanted Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley, Jaylen Brown and the first pick for Boston in this year's draft for Paul George. Danny would have given him Crowder and Zeller but Bradley and Brown? No deal. Avery is a defensive stud and Jaylen is the future of the Cs, together with Markelle Fultz. Of course, I am assuming Markelle will land on the Cs' lap at number one, if the Cs get the number one draft pick in the lottery.

Haven't been following the college NCAA this year for lack of time.

All I keep hearing is the Ball kid from UCLA.

How good is Fultz? is he expected to be the #1 pick in this year's draft?

You keep hearing about Ball because his dad is promoting him. He's good but still not better than Stephen Curry, although, I admit that he plays like Curry based on the youtube clips I have seen of him.

As for Fultz, the guy is a two-way player. I would roughly compare him to Russel Westbrook. He has range, drives to the basket, a competent passer and a satisfactory rebounder.

I'll keep that in mind.

what school does he play for?

Are they in the Final Four?

• 2 weeks later...