Boston Celtics

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

MOD NOTE:

A reminder from MTC Rules and Guidelines:

12. General Behavior

Having fun is good. We like fun. Please keep it positive and polite. We may take action against posts and/or topics that could cause unrest in the community beyond a civil and polite disagreement.

You may not make personal attacks on other users or staff members either in public forums or private messages.

There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discrimination.

There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory.

Let's keep to the topic and stop acting like elementary kids.

Ciao!

Looking back even during their glory days the Celtics never entice a free agent franchise player to come and play for them.

Bostons does not seem to be a preferred landing destination for superstar free agents in general moreso the "franchise players". I wonder what will make them change their mind now ... seriously a 2nd round appearance will entice them to come when there are already championship contending teams competing for their services too?

I think it is pretty obvious why DA is stockpiling on those precious draft picks ... just as what he is doing again this summer by accepting unwanted contracts of teams in exchange for picks. He knows historically, the C's get their franchise player either by drafting them or trading for one.

If the Cs make it to the second round of the playoffs with this line-up, the Cs may probably entice a franchise player to Boston. I wonder why you would entice a franchise player when you already had franchise players during your glory days. :lol: :wacko:

someone does not know the reason(s) why one team would entice a franchise player even during their glory days. That gave me a good laugh.

I wonder why you would entice a franchise player when you already had franchise players during your glory days. :lol: :wacko:

Case in point the C's just won the championship from 1959-1969 then Russel decided to retire ...the front office didn't see this coming. what happened???

Next the Celtics team of the 80s headed by Bird ...

Then 2008-2010 the big 3 era ...

Is it wise to ride your franchise player to their sunset? Maybe, except complacency tends to lead to a "rebuilding" phase which at times extends to a long period. That's efficient team management????

Thus why would someone not grab at the opportunity to get say the best player in the world if the opportunity presents itself? Just because the team already have a franchise player(s)? Dumb ... just dumb if you ask me if one does not look into other considerations. As it is some posters really post without knowing what they are posting about.

Edited by rooster69ph

You don't get franchise players when you already have franchise players who can carry your team.

The above statement is full of hypocrisy ...

For argument's sake I wonder if the owner of the Warriors, even if they already have Curry, would not grab at the opportunity to get LBJ ( say via a S&T for Green plus David Lee and future picks) because suddenly he wants to play for the current nba champs?

Why would you get a franchise player when you're already winning championships? Getting a franchise player would only mess up the winning chemistry.

The fact of the matter is while it is a possibility it actually may or may not happen. Besides we've seen franchise player of various team play together, making sacrifices for a common goal. Thus this statement is purely speculation.

Oh and BTW, while Bird carried this team to a consistent playoffs berth/division championship throughout his career until he retired their last title came in '86 and they were not in the finals since after losing to the Lakers the following year. They're no longer winning and yet they still didn't get any franchise player.

So much about this "why would you get a franchise player when you're already winning championships" s@%t.

We've seen teams get another franchise player ... Some were successful as it help the team go over the hump and win it all. Do some research even before you argue. It's not my obligation and I don't have the patience to feed someone who's ignorant on the subject matter. Not because the Celtics haven't done it means that the others aren't doing it as well.

The fact is ... Boston simply up to this day never entice a free agent franchise player ... Even during their glory days.

Will reaching the 2nd round finally entice them to come? Well, history and recent free agency movements ain't on your side.

Let's see... Durant? Just because your team makes it to the 2nd round? #AsaPaMore.

Incidentally, Stein, Towns, Okafor ... Hoping? Wishing? Praying? 2 of the 3 mentioned were projected to be drafted among the top 3. The C's does not even own a top 5 or even top 10 pick nor even have assets that would probably interest teams that intends to draft these guy. #LetsBeReal

Why don't you suggest to DA to just consider your ex-future starting elite shot blocking big man who as reported is eyeing a nba comeback. That is if he would agree with the opinion of nick who incidentally is also .... #AlamNa!

Edited by rooster69ph

The fact is you don't know what you're talking about since you really have no idea if getting a franchise player during the time of Bird and Russel would mess up Boston's winning chemistry. Hahaha! You convolute the subject matter at hand since you yourself essentially destroyed your own argument. Now you are veering the conversation towards draft picks because you just shot your argument in the foot. :lol:

This guy obviously can't distinguish the difference from not knowing vs. not wanting to speculate which he's doing in order to strengthen his argument.

As i said, the fact of the matter is some teams have done it and reaped the benefit of doing so ... I pity your ignorance on the said subject matter. Or maybe not ... As you're just trying hard to salvage a losing argument.

I suggest you start praying...and pray hard so that you wish that the C would be able to entice Durant to join the team just because the C's reach the 2nd round. #WishfulThinking

Edited by rooster69ph

And the fact of the matter is you don't know what you're talking about, troll. You started with the Boston Celtics not being a preferred destination for free agent franchise players and you eventually shot your argument in the foot by effectively saying you're not sure if getting a franchise player during the Celtics glory years won't disrupt the winning chemistry. Hahaha! I bet you don't know any franchise players during the times of Russel and Bird. Before you even say something, it wouldn't hurt to use your brain. Pa pity your ignorance of the subject matter ka pa when it is apparent you are referring to yourself. Hahaha! :lol:

As hard as it is to accept the fact ... They really never were... And may never be.

Edited by rooster69ph
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...