Boston Celtics

IT played hurt. The Cs didn't really want the opponent to know he was hurt until Game 2 of the ECF when the pain became unbearable. If you watched Game 4 earlier, the Cs were struggling in their offense in the 4th quarter. They needed a shot maker who can create his shot off the dribble. That's where they missed IT. The Cs played great in the first half but their offense sputtered in the second half. Had Isaiah been there, it would have been a different story as the defense would have collapsed on him and he would have found the open man if the Cavs did this.

I agree w/ that IT can make a pass or shoot when needed by the Celtics.

But to get past the Cavs and LBJ, you need 2-3 more

seasoned' players.

coach brad can make wonders. he will be next coach pops in the league

Edited by Major Cage

Cavs and lbj bashers have been critical when the team lose a lot of games towards the end of the regular season thus ending as the 2nd seed in the east. Big deal???

The celts may be the number 1 seed and have home court advantage in the east but what's the use of having home court advantage when you can't win at home vs the cavs. Worst, these loses were blowouts.

congrats to the celts for over achieving but Lbj again has the final laugh on his basher.

Edited by rooster69ph

Celtics will be ahead of the Lakers in getting back to the Finals

Well if the basis will be where these teams are right now then that would be the most logical assessment at this point.

I'd give this a better probability of happening than saying early on that it would be possible for the Celts to come back from 3-1 down to win the series vs. the Cavs this year. This while possible is highly improbable.

Its all boils down whether it's just a wishful thinking or trying to be optimistic but realistic at the same time.

Jaylen Brown and Markelle Fultz are gonna be in the main guys in the next Celtic dynasty. Potentially speaking, a Marcus Smart-Markelle Fultz back court will be more devastating than an IT-AB back court. In terms of offense, IT is one of the best shot makers I have seen and, in terms of defense, AB is an All NBA defender. However, Markelle Fultz is 8 inches taller than IT and also a great shot maker and passer who is also a rebounding guard. Smart, in my opinion, is right there with AB in defensive prowess but Smart is taller and has a longer wing span which would make it more difficult for opposing guards. Marcus Smart shut down Bradley Beal when he guarded him in Game 7 because of his strength and length. IT and AB may still be the starting back court next season and maybe the following season but Fultz and Smart may take over eventually. Jaylen Brown would definitely replace Crowder as the starting small forward. Ante Zizic would be the starting center and Horford the starting power forward. There are a lot of fish in the sea in the off season. Blake Griffin? Paul George? Gordon Hayward?

Wow! The way you describe it here, the C's could be a very dominant team in the years to come most specially if that future elite shot blocking big man drafted a few years back did play to his potential based on your expectations/assessment. Ano na nga pala nangyari dun? :)

I recall the celts drafted a big man a few years back ... Suddenly someone started posting lots of optimism and believed that this could be the next starting elite shot blocking big man of the C. Who said this? Let's forget who said this the guy probably has lost his mind and face for what he said. He is probably dead (RIP) by now but could have reincarnated. Lol

#ballergotnoballstomanup

Huh? I don't recall posting something like that. Would you show me the post wherein I said that, fatchubs? :lol:

I mean one of your alternicks is "Liar" so I won't be surprised if you can't post that alleged post of mine. :lol:

And how did you know that? Check both your profiles the guy has been inactive by the time you james cutter joined.

So are you denying you're that guy? :lol:

Where is the post wherein I talked about Fab Melo? Don't make any strawman arguments coz I just caught you lying. :lol:

The only guy caught lying here is you...how come you cant disclose how you didcget to know liar when his profile shows the guy is already inactive when you joined.

Well ganun talaga pag may pinagdadaanan...masakit matalo kay le choke of all people.

Liar?

More like it's you ... lol

Move on na at baka ma suspend tayo.

Edited by rooster69ph

There are three guys who are capable of guarding Lebron James one on one in the persons of Crowder, Brown and Smart. They would not shut him down completely but they would make it bloody difficult for him to get a basket. These three are all shorter than James but all have long arms, the build and the quickness to bother James.

In retrospect ... Averaging close to 30ppg on 0.58 fgp plus the blowout wins

Was it really bloody difficult for LeChoke to get a basket against the beloved celtics as you said so?

I made an assessment before the series. You never made an assessment before the series. Hindsight is always 20/20 which means you are just here to troll. :lol:

Well you are again making assessment for the upcoming season. Just want you to realized your batting average is low given your bias....historically

Jaylen Brown and Markelle Fultz will probably be the cornerstones of the Cs when they win their 19th title. I still see Horford, IT and another superstar, either Paul George, Blake Griffin or Demarcus Cousins leading the way for the Cs when they win their 18th. Jaylen and Markelle are athletic and long with so much potential. Jaylen's ceiling is Kobe Bryant or Kawhi Leonard. Markelle's ceiling is Russel Westbrook or even better. Another important element in Markelle and Jaylen is that they are savvy shot creators and great finishers.

Imho, If Brown's ceiling is Kobe B, he should have been the hands down consensus number 1 pick of his draft class. i mean how often do you see a kid having an upside of Kobe for most if not all scouts to miss it except you.

While its true even the best of pundits do make mistakes, i'd rather believe and trust their opinion 10 out of 10 times than someone trying to be one. Thinking Brown's ceiling is Kobe is probably a stretch boarderlining on wishful thinking. Most thinks its Butler which is not bad at all.

I don't really give a rat's ass if you give credence to the pundits more than my opinion. This is a forum and I am expressing my opinions based on what I saw, unlike you, who is only here to give flimsy and stupid opinions which I easily debunked regarding the scouts missing on Jaylen Brown being the top pick. You can't even make an analysis on the Laker players on the Laker thread and you were the thread starter. But then again, I am not surprised since you are just a fair-weather fan. It is obvious you don't watch Jaylen Brown play. All you've been doing here is try to flimsily discredit my opinions which you really can't. I almost forgot. Larry Legend is considered a top 10 GOAT. Why was he only the sixth pick in the draft? The next time you try to discredit my opinions, make sure you know what you are talking about and not discredit it with flimsy and dumb statements such as the scouts missing Jaylen Brown and believing what the pundits say. No wonder you always get pwned here and on the threads down south. :lol:

Well i am also just expressing mine.

Teams draft decision are usually based on the best talent available or the team's need. Of course there are other factors considered as well.

However, during the last draft, tHe sixers were already loaded with bigs for them to draft another one in Simmons. thus my take is that they didn't draft based on need but based on the best player available of the draft. if Brown is perceived to have the ceiling of Kobe, in a relatively "shallow" draft class they should have drafted him because that would answer their need as well as having the best player of the draft.

Well you've watch a lot of C games i suppose...to know what you're saying. So let me ask you sa mga fearless forecast mo at the start of the season ilan ang tumama? That would be a good guage of how close your opinions are to reality don't you think? I mean even "professionals" missed on these prospects and I agree with you that even pundits do make mistakes. But if they do miss and miss badly at times what makes you think you are better than these professionals to make such a "realistic" bold call?

Just like you i am also just expressing my opinion ... IMHO Jaylen Brown being the next Kobe is a stretch boardering on wishful thinking. No different from opinions over the years like " the celtics future is set" and "the c's now have their future starting elite shot blocking big man" to cite a few. Maganda pakinggan at nagbibigay pagasa pero hanggang dun lang ... Di naman nagkakatotoo.

Edited by rooster69ph

Yes, shallow opinions which can easily be discredited.

Such as opinions like it will be bloody difficult for LeChoke to get a basket? for the record sabi mo tatlo tatlo na yun magpapalitan na capable to guard him and make bloody difficult to score and yet how many points did he average?

Like Brown will be ROY?

You don't need to be an NBA expert to know that Simmons was drafted because he was perceived to be the best player available. Who said the draft class was shallow? You obviously don't know what you're talking about. You are just repeating your dumb post on Jaylen Brown. MJ was drafted lower than he should have been. So did Curry, Green, Bird, IT, Kawhi Leonard, etc.

Like i said because of "other issues"...

Houston drafted Hakeem .... They wanted to form a twin tower combination. Back then there was premium on height thus the likely reason why another big was taken as number 2 before MJ was taken third as the best talent available.

Kobe? Teams imho probably wouldn't want to take the risk of drafting a teenager from high school to develop ... Maybe teams are looking for immediate help.

curry people know he can shoot/score but they felt he was to small. Greene drop because he is an undersize pf but fits in the warrior small ball play. But hey let me ask you would you draft him top 3 if we redo the draft?

The spurs historically is a franchise that is good in scounting and player development.