Boston Celtics

Marc Gasol may be Danny's next target.

SF-Hayward

PF-Al Horford

C-Marc Gasol

SG-Avery Bradley (Jaylen Brown if Bradley is traded)

PG-Isaiah Thomas

It seems the arms race in the East has been a one-team show with Boston getting Hayward and targeting Marc Gasol next. So far, everything is status quo in Cleveland.

this 5, if indeed it will materialize, can stand toe-to-toe with the warriors. my only concern is the kind of players who will be coming off the bench. this is an 82 game season.

Celtics beat Lakers in Summer League action. Tatum with another double-double. I think it was 27 points and 11 caroms. Ball had a triple double with 11-11-11. I am not sold on his shooting, especially, his shooting form.

Zizic finally found his rhythm against Portland in SL . He finished with 9 pts 11 rebounds and 4 blocks in 27 minutes.

Edited by gulayat

Avery Bradley, the C's best defender, is reportedly getting traded to the Pistons. As much as I want him to be a Celtic for life, he will reportedly command around $20MM a year next year when his contract expires.

Avery Bradley was described by experts as the best wing defender in the NBA. He will be missed by the Celtics. and yes he will be paid big next year. We just dont know by which team

Of course, Hayward is not on the level of Bird. Larry is on another level. He is one of the top 10 GOAT. By the way, don't take the posts of the guy you quoted seriously. Just ask the posters on the Ginebra thread.

Thanks for the advice James. I didnt :)

• Like (+1) 1

If you wanna be technical about it, go ahead but some of the players there are NBA-caliber like Tatum and Brown. Even Ojeleye may get a shot at the Celtics regular-season lineup. Scouts have said that Zizic would have been a Top 10 pick this year but he was drafted by Boston last year. Try reading assistant coach Walter Mccarty's assessment of Zizic. I almost forgot. Brown and Tatum are gonna be the corner stones for the next Celtic dynasty.

again... as you said it... "there are NBA-caliber like Tatum and Brown"

so to rephrase, "It seems he is getting used to the NBA caliber-like "Summer League" style of play. "

we both know REAL NBA games are waayy more different.. Wala pang mga Draymond Green, Tony Allen defense levels.. Higher than NBA Caliber like.. BIG DIFFERENCE THERE..

The summer league is a good gauge of what they can do, but a lot of NBA busst also performed well on the summer league and the D League and is now not in the NBA.

When I said "players that are NBA-caliber", I mean guys who are suited to play in the NBA. It's easily understandable. Jaylen Brown has already proven himself in the playoffs. Like I said, if you wanna be technical about it, go ahead. Try reading Walter Mccarty's assessment about Zizic. Take note of this: NBA scouts said he would have been a Top 10 pick this year but, luckily, Ainge already drafted him last year. My point is Ainge and these scouts believe he could play in the NBA.

When you said "NBA caliber-like Summer League" style of play, it means their play is at par with the NBA. Your statement supports what I said that Zizic is getting used to the NBA style of play.

So when you say "higher than NBA caliber-like", what exactly do you mean? There is no league in the world that plays at the highest level more than the NBA so I am befuddled by your phrase "higher than NBA caliber-like".

No need to exfound, just want to say na wag masyadong bumilib agad dahil sa "Summer League" performance... Yun lang naman...

Celtics waive Jackson and sign 2nd round pick Semi Ojeleye and G-League Rookie of the Year Abdel Nader.

The Celtics possible 2017-2018 line-up :

Bigs : Horford, Bynes, Yabusele, Morris, Theis, Zizic

Ball Handlers : Thomas, Smart, Rozier

Wings : Hayward, Crowder, Brown, Tatum, Nader, Ojeleye

Edited by gulayat
  • Like (+1) 1

Hi James, with GH as small forward, who do you see will start at shooting guard?

Do you think Jayson Tatum can play shooting guard?

Aaron Baynes could be the Kendrick Perkins in this front line with Horford sliding in at power forward and Hayward at small forward. Kendrick Perkins in terms of toughness and physicality.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No. Player Pos Ht

Marcus Morris F 6-9

Isaiah Thomas G 5-9

Marcus Smart G 6-4

Terry Rozier G 6-2

Jae Crowder F 6-6

Al Horford C-F 6-10

Jaylen Brown F 6-7

Jayson Tatum F 6-8

Ante Zizic F-C 6-11