South China/West Philippine Sea

^talaga lang ha, kay angie ang credit ha..basta alam ko kaya hindi nagkaroon ng bagong barkong pandigma ang pinas dahil panay ang bulsa ng mga namumuno

alam nating lahat na pakikiapid sa china ang policy ng glory admin (joint seismic survey agreement) at hindi pagtatangol sa bayan

Dumating na ang isa sa mga Hamilton class ships. Ang pangalan na ibinigay ay BRP Gregorio H del Pilar. Tutuloy kaagad ito sa Spratleys. 4 months continuous operations ang capability nito sa high seas. Fully equipped din ng sophisticated military weapons at surveillance equipment.

scuttlebut is, they're going for 3 Medium type Helis that are to be stationed 1 each for the 3 Hamiltons... 2 more Hamiltons after the GDP are currently on the negotiating block which Uncle Sam is likely to approve. Each Medium Type Chopper (which the Blackhawk is one of) can be armed with either Torpedoes for anti-submarine warfare or Precision Guided Munitions (Smart Bombs for desk bound warriors who watch CNN)...

Plus there are already plans to install Long Range Air Search Radars on the GDP and the 2 others on the board because the Yanks removed the ones installed on them prior to transferring to the Philippine Navy. The GDP currently has only a Long Range Surface Radar, they can only detect ships, not planes....

The future plans for the 3 Hamiltons which would be funded by the Malampaya gas fields income are the following:

-Brand New Long Range Air Search Radar

-Brand New Medium Class Chopper (Probably Sokols from Poland or Blackhawks from the US)

-Surface to Surface Missiles (Probably Tomahawk cruise missiles)

-Sonar System (to detect submarines)

-Torpedoes

-Air Defense Missiles

-25MM Automatic Cannons

-Additional .50Cal Mahineguns

-Chaff (to lure away incoming Air to surface or surface to surface Missiles)

Remember guys, those 3 Hamilton's are just for Naval Visibility, they're not expected to go toe to toe with the commie chinks. They were bought to Patrol the WPS, not slug it out with the Chink Navy.

Kaya lang naman malakas loob manghimasok ng mga intsik na yan kasi wala tayong assets sa lugar, but with the arrival of the Hamiltons, well, they're a game changer...

di na basta-basta makapag tatayo ng mga structures mga intsik na yan sa spratly's....

kasi yung mga intsik parang squatters sila eh.... pag squatters nakakita ng bakanteng lote at walang bantay, tayo agad ng mga bahay yan.

pero kahit na isang barangay sila at nakita nila na yung lote eh meron kahit na isang sekyu, kahit na kinakalawang na yung shotgun nung sekyu, they wouldn't dare build their shanties on said lot.

ang kailangan lang kasi eh bago pa sila makapagtayo ng structures nila eh meron nang sumita sa kanila. yung mga squatter ganon din, hanggat hindi pa buo yung bahay nila at nasita na agad nung sekyu, karipas mga P.I. na yan....

2 More Hamilton Class ships are already a done deal. There is already a contract for a total of 3 with 1 already delivered as the GDP. New group of sailors and officers will be trained in the USA like the group that boarded the GDP. The US Coast Guard is set to decommission 3 more Hamilton class ships and 2 of them will go to the Philippines.

reality na yan, no doubt about it... yung GDP nga November last year lang sinimulan yung procurement process, May this year transferred na satin.... matagal ng plano ng PN yan, pera lang talaga kulang.

The Malampaya Gas fields going full blast is the game changer. Pera-pera lang yan eh, basta meron kang pera ang bilis. What i like about the malampaya gas fields is that it's income is controlled by the Department of Energy... kaya halos discretion nila kung saan dadalin yung pera... kung controlled ng congress yang income ng malampaya naku!!!!! meron nakong apo at lahat wala pa ding barko.

Credit should be given where credit is due. The primary mover of this idea that Malampaya income be used to help the AFP was former Dept. of Energy Secretary Angelo Reyes during his term in the DOE... Also the Petroleum industry here in the Philippines.... kung di sila sumang-ayon kay Reyes at di nag-ingay yang mga yan sa gobyerno, wala pa ding barko kahit meron ng pera...

3 up-armed Hamiltons with 3 medium helicopters on board, the proposed 3 Brand New MPV's to be bought from Indonesia and the Brand New Lead-in Jets to be bought are a credible force in the WPS.... They may not be strong, but they're credible enough to put those commie chink squatters on hold...

Nowadays, NAVAL VISIBILITY's the name of the game in the WPS....

Merong support ang acquisition ng 3 Hamilton class ships based sa Foreign Military Sales program ng Amerika. Ang dinig ko may financial incentive ito na component kaya malakas ang interes ng gobyerno ng Pilipinas.

Dumating na ang isa sa mga Hamilton class ships. Ang pangalan na ibinigay ay BRP Gregorio H del Pilar. Tutuloy kaagad ito sa Spratleys. 4 months continuous operations ang capability nito sa high seas. Fully equipped din ng sophisticated military weapons at surveillance equipment.

Yes its here but it will go into the dry docks again for repainting of our Navy colors, some repairs, refitting of additional weapons and equipments. I believe there was already a bidding for its refitting.

It maybe not enough to face the Chin's Flat Top, but it could be enough to fight before it goes down.

Merong support ang acquisition ng 3 Hamilton class ships based sa Foreign Military Sales program ng Amerika. Ang dinig ko may financial incentive ito na component kaya malakas ang interes ng gobyerno ng Pilipinas.

finally, a REAL modernization program. I know some members here are belittling the capabilities of the new ship but it's better than nothing.

^talaga lang ha, kay angie ang credit ha..basta alam ko kaya hindi nagkaroon ng bagong barkong pandigma ang pinas dahil panay ang bulsa ng mga namumuno

alam nating lahat na pakikiapid sa china ang policy ng glory admin (joint seismic survey agreement) at hindi pagtatangol sa bayan

bakit? sinabi ko bang Santo yung tao? Wala na bang ginawang mabuti yung tao? ang point ko lang, isa to sa mga mabuting ginawa nung tao.

talaga? hindi nagkaroon ng bagong barko ang pinas? Check again boy. The BRP Bacolod City and BRP Dagupan City were bought BRAND NEW and were commissioned by the Philippine Navy in 1993 and 1994 repectively. They are Logistic Support Vessels which our country badly needed during that time.

Gloria admin, tapos na yon. mahigit 1 taon ng wala yung magnanakaw na kapampangan na yon. move on boy. we finally have a cinc who really cares about the modernization of the AFP, not some troll who'll turn a blind eye on military corruption to ensure the loyalty of her generals.

Bok, don't raise the average Pinoy's expectations too much. Anong "Sophisticated Military Weapons at Surveillance Equipment" pinagsasasabi mo???

At present, it only has a 76MM Oto Melara Main Gun, .50Cal & 7.62GPMG for the weapons suite and a surface search radar for patrol duties. The air search radar it had was not part of the bargain, hence the yanks removed it. In a nutshell, all it can detect are other ships but it can't detect aircraft.

There are plans though to put Surface to Surface missiles, Surface to Air missiles, torpedoes, a sonar suite, a new air search radar and a helicopter on her.

Once said plan materializes, then you can truly say that she has "Sophisticated Military Weapons at Surveillance Equipment".

Bok, don't raise the average Pinoy's expectations too much. Anong "Sophisticated Military Weapons at Surveillance Equipment" pinagsasasabi mo???

At present, it only has a 76MM Oto Melara Main Gun, .50Cal & 7.62GPMG for the weapons suite and a surface search radar for patrol duties. The air search radar it had was not part of the bargain, hence the yanks removed it. In a nutshell, all it can detect are other ships but it can't detect aircraft.

There are plans though to put Surface to Surface missiles, Surface to Air missiles, torpedoes, a sonar suite, a new air search radar and a helicopter on her.

Once said plan materializes, then you can truly say that she has "Sophisticated Military Weapons at Surveillance Equipment".

sana malagyan ng mga modern radars and weaponry like CIWS and miniguns so it can defend itself well.

sana malagyan ng mga modern radars and weaponry like CIWS and miniguns so it can defend itself well.

the Raytheon made CIWS is at least 5 to 8 million dollars, not to mention its ammunition. Yeah, the government can buy it, maybe not from Raytheon but the real problem now is the corruption that may occur again.

Maigi na iyon kumpara sa BRP Raja Humabon.

Weapons are like insurance ......

Its better to have it even if we do not need it

than

to need it and we do not have it

China ..... doing business with you is OK ..... but just like any partner we can have differences

But the problem with hoarding weapons is the high maintenance cost.

bakit? sinabi ko bang Santo yung tao? Wala na bang ginawang mabuti yung tao? ang point ko lang, isa to sa mga mabuting ginawa nung tao.

talaga? hindi nagkaroon ng bagong barko ang pinas? Check again boy. The BRP Bacolod City and BRP Dagupan City were bought BRAND NEW and were commissioned by the Philippine Navy in 1993 and 1994 repectively. They are Logistic Support Vessels which our country badly needed during that time.

Gloria admin, tapos na yon. mahigit 1 taon ng wala yung magnanakaw na kapampangan na yon. move on boy. we finally have a cinc who really cares about the modernization of the AFP, not some troll who'll turn a blind eye on military corruption to ensure the loyalty of her generals.

Tama ka pera pera lang pag dating sa acquisition ng military hardware

i just dont agree to whom you attribute the credit

true credit goes to who chose to not pocket the money to acquire BRP GDP coz they could have chosen to follow glorys lead

that goes to show we could have more equipments for defense if we dont put to power CORRUPT LEADERS

looking back to LEARN from HISTORY is not a bad thing to do, after all its an essential thing to do in order to move on on a positive note by not repeating the mistake of the past

i hope you learn well with this post BOY

Edited by dos8dos

Tama ka pera pera lang pag dating sa acquisition ng military hardware

i just dont agree to whom you attribute the credit

true credit goes to who chose to not pocket the money to acquire BRP GDP coz they could have chosen to follow glorys lead

that goes to show we could have more equipments for defense if we dont put to power CORRUPT LEADERS

looking back to LEARN from HISTORY is not a bad thing to do, after all its an essential thing to do in order to move on on a positive note by not repeating the mistake of the past

i hope you learn well with this post BOY

Was there any proof that Former DOE Sec. Reyes got any money from the procurement of the BRP GDP???

Like I said a few pages back, he was the one who came up with the idea of using income generated by the Malampaya fields and the prime mover of the study conducted if said idea would be doable and economically sound to those involved.

The procurement of the BRP GDP started only on November of last year, was he involved in the procurement process of the ship in any way??? The answer's a big resounding NO.

I'm not gonna say this again BOY, Angie Reyes was no saint, but the man deserves the credit on this one.

bumili na rin sana ng MANPADS for the new ship if hindi pa kayang lagyan ng mounted surface-air-missile system. mas mura un, portable pa.

One of the lessons they learned from the Falklands War was that Manpads were ineffective as ship's air defense weapons.

Edited by camiar

Income from the Malampaya Oil Field would be more than sufficient to cover the M.O.O.E. of the BRP GDP and the 2 other Hamiltons to be procured.

This is assuming that all income from MOF will be funneled to the military modernization program but there are other sectors that badly needs funding.

Edited by red60

I agree with zenislev...they all have their own fundings but kept on complaining specially those "party-list congressmen/women's". Its just a matter of good conscience to spend the budget. As for me i favor a high budget on AFP to shoot up its modernization program...as i've observed, countries with modern forces has more investments from outside than countries like us. We are being bullied by neighbors yet all our politicians waste more time and money or should i say pocket more. It's up to us ordinary citizen's to act before it's too late. I dont like This country to be occupied again by invader's.

I agree with zenislev...they all have their own fundings but kept on complaining specially those "party-list congressmen/women's". Its just a matter of good conscience to spend the budget. As for me i favor a high budget on AFP to shoot up its modernization program...as i've observed, countries with modern forces has more investments from outside than countries like us. We are being bullied by neighbors yet all our politicians waste more time and money or should i say pocket more. It's up to us ordinary citizen's to act before it's too late. I dont like This country to be occupied again by invader's.

people like those will never understand since they have the money they can just leave the country if war breaks out, buy all what they need when panic buying starts, or have more than enough to mingle with the invaders once our our country becomes open for occupation.