Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

Awww....

I always thought "mahal" and books go hand in hand. I mean I love my books :) Poor wulfie, you should learn to love your books. Books = Love. Like the song goes: No woman, no cry. In my case: No books, I cry. :)

As for Poul Anderson, I did double check my dates on the publishing dates of the books, it seems accurate that Poul went first with the concept. Tolkien though was just older, Poul, I think was barely out of his twenties when his book got published. :)

P.S.

I'm just kidding about about knowing what you mean. when it comes to "mahal" and books. hehehehehe

Hahaha!

Well, I can't live without books, either. :D

Hmm, interesting about Poul Anderson and JRR Tolkien. :unsure:

Hehehe....

Hahaha!

Well, I can't live without books, either. :D

Hmm, interesting about Poul Anderson and JRR Tolkien. :unsure:

Hehehe....

Wulfie, a world without books is like living in a world without color and taste. Totally bland and about as exciting as ordering tap water in Nuvo. :(

I'm glad that the world we have is filled to the rafters with books. Too bad, no matter how many books I have, or even read, they just don't seem enough to satisfy me :)

What is the genre of her books?

she writes about a forensic pathologist (Dr. Kay Scarpetta) and how she tracks down serial killers.

parang CSI but she began writing these books way bfore CSI.

theyre parang a series of novels. its a good read i think. enough to keep you turnin the pages for 3 hours -- and 3 hours is enough time to finish a book (at least if you read as fast as i think you do.)....

i recommended from potters field because thats the first cornwell book i read. but that wasnt the first scarpetta book. i forgot na kse the title of the first one...

pretty good.

caveat - this is not earth changing literature ha. :)

she writes about a forensic pathologist (Dr. Kay Scarpetta) and how she tracks down serial killers.

parang CSI but she began writing these books way bfore CSI.

theyre parang a series of novels. its a good read i think. enough to keep you turnin the pages for 3 hours -- and 3 hours is enough time to finish a book (at least if you read as fast as i think you do.)....

i recommended from potters field because thats the first cornwell book i read. but that wasnt the first scarpetta book. i forgot na kse the title of the first one...

pretty good.

caveat - this is not earth changing literature ha. :)

Thanks for the headsup, I'll grab one as soon as I spot one or I get a chance to go book shopping, whichever happens first. :)

Readers are the biggest population who are affected by caveat, there are a ton of books coming out every day and until someone actually takes the plunge and read one, there is no way of telling if a book is good or if it is just worth the price of the paper it is printed on. At least for most books, you get about 450 pieces of tissue at a peso each. :)

true. thats why im glad meron book sale eh. saka books for less.

browse ka muna dun for your first patricia cornwell. thats how i did it -- got a 2nd hand book upon my ate's reco then when i realized i liked the books isa isa ko binili all her titles. her books were among the few i didnt give away bfore i left manila.

i did the same thing w/ jeffrey deaver and dean koontz... found copies at a 2nd hand bookstore here. liked em and now im gonna buy all their titles pa isa isa. mahal kse ang new books dito.

that way i only buy the authors that i really like.

true. thats why im glad meron book sale eh. saka books for less.

browse ka muna dun for your first patricia cornwell. thats how i did it -- got a 2nd hand book upon my ate's reco then when i realized i liked the books isa isa ko binili all her titles. her books were among the few i didnt give away bfore i left manila.

i did the same thing w/ jeffrey deaver and dean koontz... found copies at a 2nd hand bookstore here. liked em and now im gonna buy all their titles pa isa isa. mahal kse ang new books dito.

that way i only buy the authors that i really like.

ouch! **wincing** you gave away books? That is kind of hard to do. My friend when he decided to leave the country entered into a loan agreement with me concerning his books. I drop by every now and then in his room at his family's house to make sure the books are all tidy and still complete. Never can trust a sibling not to sell your books, especially when you're going to be gone long term.

ouch! **wincing** you gave away books? That is kind of hard to do. My friend when he decided to leave the country entered into a loan agreement with me concerning his books. I drop by every now and then in his room at his family's house to make sure the books are all tidy and still complete. Never can trust a sibling not to sell your books, especially when you're going to be gone long term.

i had to give away some :( kse kaka hiya sa sister and cuzin ko where i stashed my books at...

pinili ko amongst my book buddies ang tamang book na ibibigay... some got a lot some got a few.

at least i know my books are in good hands diba?

parang puppies na gini give away... :(

i had to give away some :( kse kaka hiya sa sister and cuzin ko where i stashed my books at...

pinili ko amongst my book buddies ang tamang book na ibibigay... some got a lot some got a few.

at least i know my books are in good hands diba?

parang puppies na gini give away... :(

**sniff** **sniff** I hope I never have to face the same thing in my life... Each of my books is like a piece of my life. Every single one of them has a loving experience etched in the pages, that I'd rather not forget.

**sniff** **sniff** I hope I never have to face the same thing in my life... Each of my books is like a piece of my life. Every single one of them has a loving experience etched in the pages, that I'd rather not forget.

im the same. imagine how sad i was nun bina bag ko isa isa ang books for distribution :cry:

im the same. imagine how sad i was nun bina bag ko isa isa ang books for distribution :cry:

Your story scares me alot. The moment I woke up this morning I started to frantically download as many electronic versions of the books that I love most, so that I can always carry them around with my in my cellphone and if ever I do leave the country, I can always burn a part of my library on CDs.

Hmm... I really didn't know where the book nightmare came from when I went to hit the nappy spot, it might be because of the alcohol in my system or I might be having a glimpse of the future. Either way, it was way scary for comfort.

aww thony im sorry if i gave you a nightmare... :( i feel guilty.

ganon ba ka descriptive ako? or ganon ka din ka attached sa books mo?

i had to leave all my tolkien behind :(

and all my harry potters too.... i collected pa naman both hard bound and paper back editions... :(

wahhhh :cry:

aww thony im sorry if i gave you a nightmare... :( i feel guilty.

ganon ba ka descriptive ako? or ganon ka din ka attached sa books mo?

i had to leave all my tolkien behind :(

and all my harry potters too.... i collected pa naman both hard bound and paper back editions... :(

wahhhh :cry:

Honey, I am that attached to my books. :lol: They are my most prized possessions and the light of my life.

lol sure why not. but make sure you reserve the whole day. and you wear comfy shoes because i like to make the rounds of all possible book places... as in all.

i remember one lunch time i actually rode the MRT to SM City because the book i wanted was only available in the Goodwill branch there. forsaking lunch and risking bein late ... i rushed via MRT and got my prize :)

lol sure why not. but make sure you reserve the whole day. and you wear comfy shoes because i like to make the rounds of all possible book places... as in all.

i remember one lunch time i actually rode the MRT to SM City because the book i wanted was only available in the Goodwill branch there. forsaking lunch and risking bein late ... i rushed via MRT and got my prize :)

If it is going to be a whole day shopping spree, I better make sure I'm outfitted for a rugged day and a big and comfy backpack will come in handy to place all the wonderful printed treasures I suspect I'll be amassing. :lol: