How Can I Quit Smoking?

I used to smoke. I had to wake up one night pa having a terrible chest pain w/c radiates to d back to make me think of quitting it. Oh u guys shud quit too. My dad died of a lung cancer u know, u dont wanna end up like him, do u?  :wacko:

glad to know u did the right thing... :cool: b4 its late... maybe moderate smokin' will do... but problem is... unlike beers smokin' is too tough for most peeps...

it's all up to you.. like what everyone's saying.. "WILL POWER"... I reached that point in my life where I consumed 3 packs a day. Then I got this broncho-pneumonia thing. It was a sudden stop for me. But of course, I'm a backslider myself so I kept on going back to the habit but now I'm down to 3 sticks a day. A couple of months ago mga 5 sticks a day pa. I can quit anytime but I just don't want to. I need to smoke pa.

just face it guys, smoking really kills....if not today maybe in the next 3 to 5 decades. dami ngang sakit na maa-acquire....bronchopneumonia, pneumonitis, asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema (alveoli are destroyed which is irreversible). kung bata pa kayo hindi ninyo pa mararamdaman yung effects...it takes decades to finally feel the effects....parang puhunan yan mga pare ko....sisingilin kayo kapag matanda na kayo (kung aabot pa kayo ng katandaan).

peace :hypocritesmiley:

just face it guys, smoking really kills....if not today maybe in the next 3 to 5 decades. dami ngang sakit na maa-acquire....bronchopneumonia, pneumonitis, asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema (alveoli are destroyed which is irreversible). kung bata pa kayo hindi ninyo pa mararamdaman yung effects...it takes decades to finally feel the effects....parang puhunan yan mga pare ko....sisingilin kayo kapag matanda na kayo (kung aabot pa kayo ng katandaan).

peace  :hypocritesmiley:

a right way to convince a person to stop smoking :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

My friend tried hypnosis and it worked over 6 months, but he started up again. He blamed it on stress. I believe he was suppose to go for follow-up treatments but he didn't. But what was interesting is that he didn't go through the withdrawls. The 1st treatment was $400 and I don't know how much the return trips would be.

I know the $400 seems like a lot of money, but how much do you spend a month on cigarettes? Or how much is your life worth to you.

Good luck on quitting.

the first and most effective way to quit smoking

is to find ways to hate it.

ang daling sabihin kay hirap gawin...

attempted to quit 3 times but to no avail.... sana taasan na nila presyo ng yosi...yung mahirap talga maafford para di na tyo makabili...thats the only way...

some parts sa states, sang kaha ng yosi costs like 200 pesos....yung adik na maykaya lang ang makakabili...

watchathink?

We all have friends/family who have gotten ill or died from smoke related illnesses. As a reminder to yourself, take a photo of them lying in their weakened state and put it up in your bathroom mirror. So every morning you can see what YOU will look like if you don’t quit.

It seems harsh, but so is dying young.

Withdrawal symptoms of stimulants are formidable, but if you really wish to kick the habit, it's definitely a prerequisite. Expect to feel an unbearable craving within the first few days, along with the "blahs" of not being able to get your "fix". Once you have overcome this obstacle, however, it isn't going to haunt you any further. From that point onward, it essentially becomes a psychological tug-of-war. You'll have to re-educate your mind. Remember, you were able get along fine long before you first got acquainted with it. Preoccupy yourself with more constructive activities. The less you think about the stimulant, the greater chances of not falling into another trap. You've got the power. The choice is yours.

i do not patronize smokers as i am one... i do understand the harmful effects of it... that's a fact... but there are countless incidents where i met people in old ages, habitual smokers, and continue to live healthy... much healthier than non-smokers... when i was a mountaineer, many of our porters are at an old stage, but their stamina and strength are incomparable to ours... all because of a stick of Champion or Hope cigarettes... i guess the effects of smoking depends on how your body can handle it... just my own opinion... no intention to start an issue... :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

i tried quiting several times with the right reasons pero di umubra

but there was this night out na talagang sumobra ang yosi ko, pag gising kinabukasan

para akong nawalan ng gana magyosi, parang na-umay ba. so tinuloy ko lang...

break your smoking habits, do not go to places where you hang out and smoke

try to change your daily routine

do other things when it is usually your smoke-break

if you drink and smoke, abstain from drinking first, or do not go to bars kasi makakalanghap

ka lang ng usok

ditch all smoking paraphernalias

and do not make a big fuss about quiting... do not go like... P****TANGI****, ISANG ARAW NA AKO WALANG YOSI, OR, GRRR DI KO NA KAYA ETC. just go on with your daily grind

mag-iisang taon na rin akong walang yosi :)