How Can I Quit Smoking?

I quit smoking when i was pregnant but resumed after giving birth...Now i find it really hard to quit...I think u have to have a really good reason to quit to be successful...And u have to really decide to quit, no ambivalent feelings over the decision.

maybe u should not of ur selves but think of the persons closest to u and ur loved ones..

sila kz ang mag-aalaga sayo pagnagkakanser ka o magkasakit.. sila gagastos para sa mga pangangailangan mo.. ang mga anak mo lalaki ng hindi maenjoy na kasama ka.. kz maysakit ka o bad breath ka.. hehe

guys i hope u think not only on the impact of smoking to u, but to others as well..

happy quitting

• 3 weeks later...
Dati casual smoker lang ako pero ngayon halos nakakadalawang kaha na ako lalo na habang nakaharap ako sa PC. im startin to ITCH all over and im always nauseated. am i developing cancer? CAN you give me tips on how to quit this habit? im clueless.

How to quit?

Get a girlfriend who smokes. If you like her breath then smoking is maybe for you. Now try this: have her smoke it down there. then taste it... if you still like it, Smoking is your way of life. Dont quit! you will die.

I knew 5 people who after quiting to smoke died after a year or two due to smoking related diseases. Dont quit you will still die.

Lately, i decided to quit smoking. i thought i had the smart idea of going to the gym. but fukc the hell, last night upon going home i saw the FTs smoking. so its okey not to quit. So long as i can do the HIIT for 15mins. No need to quit. its just my idea.

If You really want to quit smoking, THEN QUIT!!!

- Sayang lang pera mo. Binili mo na lang sana ng lobo.

- Mabaho ang hininga mo lagi. Kahit nga di ka huminga mabaho ka pa rin eh.

- If ur in the stage of seriously quitting, wag mo na tikman even once a day lang. Wag na talaga kahit kelan.

- Try to avoid sumabay sa mga office mates mong mahilig sa yosi breaks. Hayaan mong sila na lang ma-suffocate sa mga usok nila.

- Prone ka talaga sa Lung cancer. Kala mo biro lang yun?

- Madami pa nagagalit sa yo kapag sa public ka nagsmoke. Di mo lang alam na inis na sila sa yo kasi pati usok mo nalalanghap nila. Kung di mo naman maiwasan, hitit na lang gawin mo. Wag mo na ibuga. Idadamay mo pa sila eh.

Kapatid, kaya naman talaga iwasan ang paninigarilyo eh. Kung gusto mo lang talaga ha. Isipin mo yan.

Peace to all

:P

some people have the ability to quit cold turkey and some people dont. i quit smoking almost 10 years ago. one day i just stopped. never looked back since. sure, i had the urge to smoke a few times or so, but that's all they were - urges. "you control your body; your body doesn't control you."

here's an article you may find interesting. para sa lahat ng mga baog....este smokers...read on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Smoking and Drinking Are Bad for Semen

Mon Sep 6, 7:25 AM ET Add Health - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Alison McCook

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Look out, men -- smoking and drinking alcohol may affect the quality of your semen.

A group of investigators from Argentina found that men who both drank alcohol and smoked cigarettes were more likely to have a smaller amount of semen, a lower concentration of sperm, and a lower percentage of active sperm than abstainers.

However, these semen alterations were present only in men who both smoked and drank, and not in men with one habit but not the other.

For a normally fertile man, the reductions in semen quality are not enough to render him infertile, study author Dr. Marta Fiol de Cuneo told Reuters Health. However, in men who already have fertility problems, these sperm changes might make the situation worse, she said.

"In conjunction with another deleterious factors they would diminish male fertility," said the researcher, who is based at the Universidad Nacional de Cordoba.

Cuneo explained that smoking and drinking together may exert "additive" or "synergistic" effects. In the case of synergy, this would mean that one factor enhances the effects of the other, she explained.

In the journal Fertility and Sterility, she and her colleagues write that previous research has investigated the effects of either smoking or drinking on semen quality, with mixed results. However, many of those studies looked at only a small group of men, involved men who may have infertility problems, or could not separate the effects of smoking from drinking, since those habits often go hand in hand, they note.

To investigate the question further, Cuneo and her colleagues asked almost 4,000 men between the ages of 29 and 36 about their smoking and drinking habits, and tested their semen.

The researchers found that men who both smoked and drank showed changes in semen quality, which were not seen in men who had neither or either of these habits.

Men who drank less than 500 milliliters of wine per day - roughly equivalent to 3 glasses - had the same risk of semen changes as men who drank more, and men who limited their cigarettes to less than 20 per day showed similar risks to heavier smokers.

"Men who wish to procreate should be specifically warned of this matter," Cuneo and her colleagues write.

SOURCE: Fertility and Sterility, August 2004.

Guest mahinhin_dutin_ako
yup smoking causes impotence and premature ejac...

Lung cancer pa

Heart attacks

Colon Cancer

the list goes on and on...

want to smoke pa? :P

The best way to quit, according to researches, is to quit cold turkey, hindi yung bawas bawas hanggang mawala.

you just have to endure the withdrawal symptoms.

Internist..yup i agree wit you on that cold turkey....if u have determination..this is for you..and if u feel the urges..grab some gums and candies..

• 3 weeks later...

I was a 20 sticks man ,hard to quit they say.Even as we all know and read the effects of smoking, none of this can make you quit but yourself.i did it by courting a medical student, no ashtray so i cant smoke. B) i spent lots of time with her Brod a non smoker.So i suppressed the urge of smoking frequently.Then i set minus 1 stick a day.it was December 11.it continue till eve of new year 96.i kick of the habit Till now B).

what i discovered :

I can taste my food better without large amount of chilli.

i can put on perfume slightly.not before cant tell of you have sprayed a lot.

Good breath. Resistance and Sleep.

Thats what i have found out. Good Luck guys ...just want to share some slogans.

"If you smoke you die, if you dont smoke you die so better smoke and die happy".thats me when i was still smoking.

" Cigarettes are Slow poison,anyway your not in a hurry...

If the initial scare of your body's reactions made you realize that smoking's detrimental effects can pose a serious threat on your health, you've got a very good motive for quitting. You feel helpless, though, because you don't know how to go about it. Some people find that by substituting a piece of hard candy for their cigarette, they're able to divert their attention from the craving. Bear in mind that smoking is habit forming, and in order to break this habit, you'll have to observe your own pattern of behavior that triggers the desire to smoke. Do you smoke when you're anxious, bored, or trying to concentrate on some mental activity? Do you smoke when you have coffee, before and after meals, or when you go out with friends? Find a suitable substitute for your craving and use it when you feel the need to smoke. It also helps if you enlist the support of your friends and family. They could keep you from going off-track when you're giving in to temptation. Another way is to become more active in a sport. You'll feel good about your improved health and looks, gain new friends, while simultaneously reinforcing your desire to kick the habit.

To quit smoking is no simple task, especially for heavy smokers. If you're one of them, then you'll have to take it slowly. Don't try to quit cold turkey; that's only setting yourself up for disappointment. Instead, gradually reduce your consumption over a long period of time. You'll begin to notice your craving for a whole pack dwindling to a couple of sticks; and before you know it, you're down to one. Reward yourself for your progress to help you stay motivated. When you look at your goal as a series of small steps, the seemingly insurmountable task of quitting smoking becomes doable.

Was a smoker for 16 years since my college days. Started smoking Marlboro red and later lights. Just recently, was diagnosed with LEFT VENTRICLE HYPOKENESIA, WITH POSSIBLE TROMBUS. Thats a disease of the heart wherein the valves of the heart becomes clogged due to several factors and one of the contributing factor is smoking. Its been more than a month since my last smoke and taking it one day at a time. Will be in medications for the rest of my life. BTW, andioplasty or bypass is the only treatment for clogged arteries. :blink: