How Can I Quit Smoking?

Dati casual smoker lang ako pero ngayon halos nakakadalawang kaha na ako lalo na habang nakaharap ako sa PC. im startin to ITCH all over and im always nauseated. am i developing cancer? CAN you give me tips on how to quit this habit? im clueless.

simple lang 'to.....just think that when you exhale smoke its hazardous to my health. Peace :)

Guest batabatuta

I consume 6 to 9 sticks a day Marlboro lights. There is one technique I got from Discovery Channel's Body Challenge. There was a guy who cut down on his smoking by putting all the sticks he would consume in a day in a sealable sandwich bag. He would bring it with him everyday and he can only smoke what is inside the bag. The secret there was that it made him conscious on how much more cigarette he has left and that it would help him budget it. I think after two weeks he would cut the number down by 2 and so on until there was only 1 left.

Anywayz, I can control my intake on an average of 6 sticks a day but it took me years to do that. To supplement the quit process though, you need to do more cardio and detoxification activities because you need to speed up the recovery process (I mean the heart, lungs and liver had a direct impact with your smoking habit directly proportional to the degree of abuse it has been tolerating.) It is estimated that the recovery period is equal to twice the number of years you smoked. A smoke patch can be very useful in kicking the habit but cost is also a matter of consideration. Most inexpensive supplement would have to be candies. But please bear in mind that candies contain a high quantity of refined sugar and other processed materials which can help pollute the blood and increase the risk of diabetes. Hope that helps

• 1 month later...

I quit smoking April 11, a day before the Holy Week, and a day before my week-long vacation in Boracay. I told myself, if i could quit for a week, if i could bar-hop every night and not smoke, I'd make it. Today is the 9th of July and I haven't puffed a smoke since then.

Oh, boy but it ain't easy. People who smoke who know you smoke are sometimes the ones who make it difficult for you to quit. They'd invite you to a yosi break. They'd take you to restaurants with good smoking areas. They'd show you what bliss it is to smoke after lunch, during breaks, over coffee. And that's the most difficult part of it -- they'd show, not just tell -- you off from quitting.

But the best part of it is --- you win over yourself.

Also, try going back to the gym. I did. :cool:

quitting= death

most smokers would die rather than quit smoking and most also would quit only when they die

I WOULD'NT LET THAT HAPPEN TO ME OR TO MA FELLOW SMOKERS....

A LOT OF PEOPLE GET SICK OR DIE ON SMOKING CIGAR, BUT HAVE YOU HEARD OF SOMEONE DIES ON SMOKING GREENS???

SO I SUGGEST QUIT SMOKING CIGAR & GET REAL ON HERB!!!

PASS THE DOOTCHIE TO THE LEFTHAND SIDE :boo:

post-52-1089615658.gif

Quitting the habit is difficult but with determination and a proper attitude. As a hardcore smoker (2 packs or more a day) who started the habitin highschool. I tried nine times to quit before I finally kicked the habit.

For most (but not all) smokers, smoking is really an addicition to nicotine. Mind you, it is not a psychological but a physical addiction which means you have to get your nicotine "kick" or else you get irritable and suffer from craving or withdrawal symptoms (lack of sleep, restlessness etc.). This is how the nicotine patch or nicorette gum is suppose to work-By feeding the nicotine addiction.

What worked for me was simply to quit cold turkey. The irony of this is to quit a physical addition, you must be mentally ready to do so. In other words, unless you are really convinces that smoking is bad for you, is unglamorous, is a filthy habit, make your breath stink, yellows your teeth, contributes to impotence and/or literally shrinks your penis, is a cause of cancer and a host of other diseases, then quiting cold turkey just isn't going to work.....

dunno if someone else has posted what i am about to post (cos i got tired of backtracking)... if you wanna quit gradually, you can try this: when smoking, try holding the cigarette with your non-dominant hand, syempre if you're right handed, hold it with your left hand and vice versa. that way, di ka raw masyado magpa-puff. parang di ka kasi sanay. sinabi lang din to sakin by a friend nung nag-uumpisa pa lang siya mag-quit. syempre, it works only sa umpisa ng quitting process--to lessen your intake. i tried it, nakaka-panibago nga at konti nga lang na-puff ko sa cigarette ko. hehehe, of course it wouldn't work kung ambidextrous smoker ka, hehe. just sharing. good luck!

Edited by evantreborn
  • 3 weeks later...