How Can I Quit Smoking?

• 2 weeks later...

Quitting smoking is really tough. That's why I never touch the stuff. I saw before sa Carica meron silang yosi that helps u stop the addiction daw. You smoke the stuff instead of regular cigarettes, and bigla ka na lang mawawawalan ng gana.

Anyway I dont know if this would help you quit, but ang pinakaeffective e bypass hehe.. 80% of my bypass patients are smokers, and guess when they quit? After surgery hehe

i have been for like 2 years now. since i started working in a call center lalo lumakas cigarette consumption ko- halos a pack a day but when i am at home, i could abstain from smoking if i really want to. i could sometimes go for 2 days without touching a stick.

i think it's just a matter of self-control. you can quit if you really put yourself into it. i just don't have plans of quitting now. it's a bonding stuff among my friends.

• 3 weeks later...

I never picked up the habit. I was 8 years old when my grandfather, who was living with us, was diagnosed to have emphyzema. He was a daily one packer at that time and started smoking when he was 14 years old. By the time he passed away, I was already a senior in college. He suffered all those years for the effects of his smoking habit. That was more than enough to scare me.

There are many ways to go about it, but the most important consideration is your commitment to making it happen. Are you sure you really want to quit? There are thousands of reasons that people can give you for quitting, but only you can make that decision. Once made, you have to set a goal and stick with it. Quitting smoking is no simple task (especially if you're a heavy smoker), and it will take all the willpower you can muster to get through the withdrawal phase. This is perhaps the most difficult part of quitting, because your body's reactions are so intense as to make you cave in to your urge to smoke. It may seem like an impossible task, but if you take it a day at a time, you make it more manageable. Focus your energies on resisting your cravings---or better yet---find a worthy activity to divert your attention from smoking. Do something that will make you feel good about yourself; this will also help motivate you as you see your daily progress. Take that first step and you'll gain momentum in no time. Don't ever look back; think of all the positive things that you'll reap once you can safely say you're over the habit for good. You'll be glad you did.

nag-umpisa ako magyosi nung 12 yrs. old ako...tumagal ito ng 10 yrs..nung mga huling taon ko sa university, 1 kaha bawat araw ang konsumo ko....dehins na ako yosi since 1991....dis is my biggest accomplishment in my life...mukhang mababaw pero yung mga di nagyoyosi, di nyo alam kung gaano kahirap ito...

bat ako nagdecide huminto???kasi naramdaman ko talaga na nanghihina ako....sa jogging, swimming, naramdaman ko talaga na mas mabilis ako hingalin....

bat ko nagawa huminto??? dahil nagdesisyon talaga ako na tumigil na....ito ang kailangang maresolve sa sarili mo....kailangan seryoso ka sa objective mo...

several factors na nakatulong sa akin....may naging gf ako dati...out of respect for her, dehins ako yosi sa harap nya...so at least may mahabang oras sa isang araw na di ako nakakayosi...part of my preparation sa board exams ko nun was to work out in the gym...so kasama sa naging plano kong makondisyon katawan ko was to stop smoking.

ang ginawa kong approach was using averages...meaning after magyosi ng isang kaha sa isang araw, kalahati na lang sa susunod na araw...so kinumbinsi ko sarili na for the past two days, 15 sticks ang average ko...then sinubukan ko wag magyosi sa isang araw, tapos compute ulit ng average...then mga 2 consecutive days walang yosi..then 3 consecutive days...then nung Dec 1990, sa isang inuman, may sinindihan akong yosi at sinabi ko sa sarili ko na yun na ang huling yosi sa buhay ko.... sa tingin ko ang naging key was yung makalagpas ka ng isang araw na walang yosi....sa tingin ko hindi effective yung araw-araw kang lang magbabawas ng yosi...kailangan malagpasan mo ang isang araw na wala kang yosi...

so ang tip ko sa inyo:

1. kailangan 100% decided ka na dapat ka nang huminto... kung nasa denial stage ka pa, dapat aminin mo na sa sarili mo na addicted ka sa nicotene at sinisira nito ang katawan at bulsa mo. wag mo nang bolahin ang sarili mo na masarap magyosi pag inuman or pagkatapos kumain or gusto mo may hawak ka pag naghihintay or walang magawa.

2. gawa ka ng list ng opportunity na wag magyosi...halimbawa try nyo wag magyosi sa harap ng partner nyo, parents nyo or kids nyo.

3. try mo isang inuman na wag magyosi

4. wag kang maghanap ng alternative like candies, gums....abstinence not replacement.

5. pick up a sport or work out in the gym....nung natitipid mo sa pambili ng yosi ang pangbayad mo sa gym.

by the way, expect to gain weight...i've gained 20 lbs since....

Anybody here who smokes cigars? (Tabacco sa tagalog). If you guys are afraid of developing cancer, but can't quit the habit of smoking, then you should try smoking cigars. Cigars, are proven by scientific studies, to be less addictive and cancerous as compared to cigarrettes. There was a time when Philip Morris was sued because of making the substances of thier tobacco leaves more ddictive in ciggarettes. Which is the reason, why the taste of your ciggarette leaves a nasty after taste even during heavy drinking. Cigars on the other hand have minimal after taste and thier aroma is much better than cigars. The manner of inhalation also is very much different. But bottom line cigars are more satisfying the cigarettes and less cancerous.

pero matapang yun diba ??? ii used to smoke tobaccos ...matapang.. masakit sa dibdib ..,..

I started smoking when I was 16, but 3 sticks a day. When I quit after more than 15 years, I was averaging 2 packs a day. I have not touched cigarettes after over three years, and I just smoke cigars.

Sa cigars dapat hithit-buga ka. Yung parang minumumog mo ang usok, letting it play in your mouth. Hindi masarap ipasok sa lungs ang cigar smoke. This is why the cigarette companies put so many additives and chemicals into cigarettes, so they will taste better and burn faster. With a cigarette, even if you don't puff it, it burns on its own. A cigar or a pipe, on the other hand will stop burning if you don't puff on it. All the more reason why I don't smoke cigarettes.

Don't inhale the smoke into your lungs. The best way to enjoy cigars is to quit smoking for a week, then smoke a cigar. A cigar is not like a cigarette. A cigarette gives a quick fix when u are under time pressure, while a cigar should be savored and enjoyed. For example, after a hard day at work, curl up with a drink and smoke a cigar. It should take you about half a hour to finish the cigar. You can ask the people in the wine thread, kasi, mga cigar smokers ang iba dun. Another reason why I like cigars is I don't feel the pressure to smoke even after a meal. I can go for a day without smoking a cigar, unlike cigarettes where I always felt the need to light up. I was able to quit cigar smoking for five months, without the nervousness and irritability I experienced when I quit smoking cigarettes. Some people (cigarette smokers included), don't like the raw, natural smell of cigars.

pero matapang yun diba ??? ii used to smoke tobaccos ...matapang.. masakit sa dibdib ..,..

Of course matapang talaga yun. But you are not supposed to inhale the smoke because it is irritating, and can even make you tipsy kung di ka sanay (even if your a cigarette smoker). besides iba ang satisfaction na nakukuha sa cigar. You are after the aroma, not the feeling of scratching the internals of your lungs.

I started smoking when I was 16, but 3 sticks a day. When I quit after more than 15 years,  I was averaging 2 packs a day.  I have not touched cigarettes after over three years, and I just smoke cigars.

Sa cigars dapat hithit-buga ka.  Yung parang minumumog mo ang usok, letting it play in your mouth.  Hindi masarap ipasok sa lungs ang cigar smoke.  This is why the cigarette companies put so many additives and chemicals into cigarettes, so they will taste better and burn faster.  With a cigarette, even if you don't puff it, it burns on its own.  A cigar or a pipe, on the other hand will stop burning if you don't puff on it.  All the more reason why I don't smoke cigarettes. 

Don't inhale the smoke into your lungs.  The best way to enjoy cigars is to quit smoking for a week, then smoke a cigar.  A cigar is not like a cigarette.  A cigarette gives a quick fix when u are under time pressure, while a cigar should be savored and enjoyed.  For example, after a hard day at work, curl up with a drink and smoke a cigar.  It should take you about half a hour to finish the cigar.  You can ask the people in the wine thread, kasi, mga cigar smokers ang iba dun.  Another reason why I like cigars is I don't feel the pressure to smoke even after a meal.  I can go for a day without smoking a cigar, unlike cigarettes where I always felt the need to light up.  I was able to quit cigar smoking for five months, without the nervousness and irritability I experienced when I quit smoking cigarettes. Some people (cigarette smokers included), don't like the raw, natural smell of cigars.

What size of cigars do you smoke? You drink espresso?