How Can I Quit Smoking?

I started smoking at age 12.  I was finally able to stop at age 32.  There were about three periods in between when I stopped...then smoked again.  But I  haven't smoked a cigarette since 1994.  Apart from drugs, smoking has to be the hardest habit to break.  Quitting is pure torture, especially during the first three days.  Your mouth just craves for something, so all you do is eat.  If you can get past a week without a cigarette, you're about 80% through.  But you'll still have dreams about it.

I myself started right around that age din, nung time na yun hindi pa uso ang lights, lahat ng yosi puro reds. on off and tried to quit countless times pero alang nangyari.

Then one day, I just decided that I don't want to k*ll myself slowly. I just dropped my stick, gave away my lighter and stoppes smoking. It's not just the first 3 days that was hard, kasi I was constantly exposed to people who smoked. Torture sakin was like 3 weeks. Pure willpower na lang talaga and your drive to a healthier lifestyle.

To those trying to stop, kaya nyo yan! Cheers! :thumbsupsmiley:

started smoking at 14 pa-isa isang stick, by the time I was in college I was up to a pack a day. In medschool, it got worse, had a steady supply of fliptop, blue seal, marlboro lights from a friend who owns a PX store. I was up to a ream a week. then one day I just quit. cold turkey. haven't had a stick for the last 5 years or so.

ako rin hindi...but I think I have an idea of how hard it is. I've seen people who really really really want to stop, pero sobra na silang na-hook, so di na kaya. That's why I have not intention of starting to smoke. I've tried a few sticks, but that's it. BTW, mas ok pa yata juts, di ka naman todong maadik B)

Its really hard to quit! Well i tried to stop smoking for seven days, at least for the observation of holy week. I am successful at that, but afterwards my smoking habit still continues...waahh!!! i know its bad for my health and completely aware that many people died because of it but i JUST CAN't QUIT. Maybe not for now!

nde mhirap mag quit sa pag smoke

ako nga start in my teens pa pero nakaya kong iwasan e

una iisipin mo nlng ung malaking diffrence noong wla k pang bisyo at nung meron na pag may gagawin ka na hirap na hirap ka like jog for at least 30mins

secondly pag abala k sa pag gawa ng maraming bagay like chores & work malilipat atensyon mo dun nde mo na maiisip kelangan p ng yosi

pangatlo if you have a child na iisipin mo syempre una ung kinabukasan nila di ba e pano mo ibibigay ung pangangailangan nila kung mahina na katawan mo dhil nasobrahan k na ng yosi?

think about it dude, wlang mhirap pag may determination

it must be hard since my hubby can't seem to shake the habit...

the longest he's been nicotine free was 6 months at the most...

I've beg, pleaded, cried, screamed, nagged, and even use sex

an incentive and also withheld it...wala pa din...mas malakas

pa din ang hatak nang addiction niya...

but once he gets back from Iraq he made a promise that he would go

to a cessation class and get on that nicotine patch-

Edited by hottlipss

I started smoking when I was 15. Now I'm 27 and has stopped smoking for more than two years now. How? When I got hospitalized and underwent some operation that made me bedridden for two weeks. I figured out that while I was stuck in my room for two weeks without smoking maybe I can do it for two weeks more. Then I did it. I ended up realizing that it has been more than two years now since I last smoked a cigarette.

• 2 weeks later...