How Can I Quit Smoking?

matinding self control pare..try using gum as substitue for smoking..:]

I was a smoker for more than 10 years and these were the methods I used, the self-control and the gums. It worked on me and it might work on you. If not try the other ways but at least you've started it already, your desire to quit. All the best. Hope you'll have a fresh-smelling breath soon. :blush:

A friend tried almost every trick in the book, and yet everytime he failed. He kept going back. Then one day, he just decided to stop smoking. Stop thinking up an excuse to pick up another stick. Stop hanging out with people and places that tempt.

Then enrolled himself in a gym. Continuously, worked out, and eventually quit eating unhealthy food too.

Sometimes, when you want to do something you really have to want to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

i have been a smoker for almost 20years!!

heavy smoker on more than half of it.

im now 1-1/2 year without tabacco and thank god nakaya ko.

for those who want to quit well they've all said it!

cold turkey is the only way.

1.set a quit date. always remember why you want to do this towards the quit date and not why you like your 'best friend'.

2.quit. (i know its difficult, and i wont look down on you cause ive been there and it's one of the most difficult exercise my will power ever had!).

3.most people fail around 8 - 12 times before they finally kick the habit.

so be kind to yourself if you fail.remember this is all about being kinder to yourself.

in my entire smoking life i tried to quit 2 times, i did'nt last a month.

the most important ingredient in smoke cessation is that you really want to quit.that's it!thats all you need.forget about nicotine patch,hipnotism,etc.it's torture and does'nt work.i know first hand.my concerned sister send me the whole nicotine patch program to 'encourage' me to quit,at that time i wasnt ready and ofcourse i failed.it was torture.

goodluck!!! for you guys and goodluck for me too. tomorrow is another day and i hope i can live without 'yosi'.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

when you smoke...do you really still expect to live loooooong?

do you expect your skin to not become leathery?

your lips to not to darken?

Ofcourse not....you smoke even if you are aware...i mean fully aware of its hazards

you smoke ...you risk dying earlier than you really should....unless ofcourse you get hit by a running vehicle or sumthin :unsure:

you smoke cuz u dnt care...daz it :D

now my question is...if lights and menthol have more hazardous chemicals....does that mean they shorten your lifespan more?:unsure:

Edited by iwalkalone

@spongebob

i just stopped today, but what i want to know is that, can i still have my natural red lips back?

@iwalkalone

well i smoke because it somehow lessen the feeling of burden in me.. well i have a love problem, but i jst realize that smoking wont do any good about my love problem, the girl doesnt want a smoker, and what she rly wants is a complete man. not the one that will rely on smoking to lessen he's burden, she said i jst have to deal with it, i should learn how to deal

man.. im getting OT here because of being heart broken

• 2 weeks later...
i've been smoking for quite awhile now, and i noticed that my naturally red lips turns into black day by day.. and i want to stop now, can i still revive those red lips?

Yup, but it will take time, and depending on the age of the person, duration of his/her years smoking plus number of smokes per day. If your bodies ability to heal is the greatest adversary in rejuvinating the blackening of the lips, finger tips and edges and the teeth and gums. So it all depends really on the person.

To stop smoking, try hypnotizing yourself or the power of mind suggestion, well as for me, I been in a 1 month porgram already, i really miss gudang and black bat though -_-

o well. :D

I'm on my 3rd month now in quitting though I admit I smoked during a party but did not get back to the habit the following day. Ive been smoking for the past 15 years of my life but now I hate the stench of smoke and mapatabi lang ako amoy yosi nababahuan ako, sana eto na nga...

Basta QUIT, that's what I did, just QUIT and did it! Hate the habit also, it helps. Ngayon nga naaawa ako sa people who smoke after eating, slaves ng habit nila, wawa...

i stopped a couple of years ago when my doctor diagnosed that i had bronchitis..i was able to stop for 3 months pero balik na naman when i felt okay na

then i tried again for almost a year to stop..i used prayers, my health, my family, toothpicks, gum, food, sex, the internet and anything and everything i could to substitute for cigarettes

now i'm 1 year and 3 months smoke free..i feel great, yehey!

i look better, i smell good and im better in sports (and in bed too)

when smokers quit, within twenty minutes of smoking that last cigarette the body begins a series of changes.

At 20 minutes after quitting:

blood pressure decreases

pulse rate drops

body temperature of hands and feet increases

At 8 hours:

carbon monoxide level in blood drops to normal

oxygen level in blood increases to normal

At 24 hours:

chance of a heart attack decreases

At 48 hours:

nerve endings start regrowing

ability to smell and taste is enhanced

The first year after quitting:

At 2 weeks to 3 months:

circulation improves

walking becomes easier

lung function increases

1 to 9 months:

coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, shortness of breath decreases

1 year:

excess risk of coronary heart disease is decreased to half that of a smoker

Long-term Benefits of Quitting

At 5 years:

from 5 to 15 years after quitting, stroke risk is reduced to that of people who have never smoked.

At 10 years:

risk of lung cancer drops to as little as one-half that of continuing smokers

risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas decreases

risk of ulcer decreases

At 15 years:

risk of coronary heart disease is now similar to that of people who have never smoked

risk of death returns to nearly the level of people who have never smoked

some websites that might help:

www.quitsmoking.com

www.nicotinerecovery.org

www.nicotine-anonymous.org (we have meetings here in makati if you're interested)

i also have some software to help you quit..just pm me so i can send it to you.

good luck guys, you can do it!

i did..

• 9 months later...
i stopped a couple of years ago when my doctor diagnosed that i had bronchitis..i was able to stop for 3 months pero balik na naman when i felt okay na

then i tried again for almost a year to stop..i used prayers, my health, my family, toothpicks, gum, food, sex, the internet and anything and everything i could to substitute for cigarettes

now i'm 1 year and 3 months smoke free..i feel great, yehey!

i look better, i smell good and im better in sports (and in bed too)

when smokers quit, within twenty minutes of smoking that last cigarette the body begins a series of changes.

At 20 minutes after quitting:

blood pressure decreases

pulse rate drops

body temperature of hands and feet increases

At 8 hours:

carbon monoxide level in blood drops to normal

oxygen level in blood increases to normal

At 24 hours:

chance of a heart attack decreases

At 48 hours:

nerve endings start regrowing

ability to smell and taste is enhanced

The first year after quitting:

At 2 weeks to 3 months:

circulation improves

walking becomes easier

lung function increases

1 to 9 months:

coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, shortness of breath decreases

1 year:

excess risk of coronary heart disease is decreased to half that of a smoker

Long-term Benefits of Quitting

At 5 years:

from 5 to 15 years after quitting, stroke risk is reduced to that of people who have never smoked.

At 10 years:

risk of lung cancer drops to as little as one-half that of continuing smokers

risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas decreases

risk of ulcer decreases

At 15 years:

risk of coronary heart disease is now similar to that of people who have never smoked

risk of death returns to nearly the level of people who have never smoked

some websites that might help:

www.quitsmoking.com

www.nicotinerecovery.org

www.nicotine-anonymous.org (we have meetings here in makati if you're interested)

i also have some software to help you quit..just pm me so i can send it to you.

good luck guys, you can do it!

i did..

man, i think i'll quit na.

Quit Smoking Naturally

People using willpower to give up smoking often don’t do two key things. The first of these is to make stopping smoking a permanent commitment. Rather than saying “I am becoming a non smoker for ever”, and removing all the unnecessary pressures and doubts, people often use such phrases as “I'll give it a go” or, “I'll stop for a week and see how I feel."

The second key point is about people using their powerful imaginations to help them succeed. In fact people using willpower to quit often actively switch off their imaginations.

To break free from smoking, you need to break free from nicotine. NICOTINE Patches fight the three major factors that inhibit smoking cessation efforts:

1. Nicotine addiction

2. Withdrawal symptoms

3. Nicotine intoxication

http://onlinefuturecash.com/banners/zeronicotine_468x60_02.gif

May pinainom sa akin yung doctor ko sa east ave a few years ago para mawala craving ko sa yosi. Nakakatawa nga at anti tb pala yung gamot. The taste of yosi after taking the medicine eh parang first time mo nagyosi. Trisovit pala ang name and otc :)