How Can I Quit Smoking?

and if i may add

ur girl's gonna like it more when she kisses you without the nicotine smell

and you could breathe easier - the people around you, too

you could jog, swim and be physically active longer without panting like a dog

let's just say you can overcome smoking by being a little bit unselfish

think of your family, your kids, or even just your fiancee or girl

being healthier and clean gives them a better shot at being with you longer

Smoked when in college.. then quit.. then bcoz of the makati nightlife and work.. smoked again (darn carpark hangouts in valero!) and finally got a massive bout of tonsillitis and doc said he'll get me under the knife if I don't mend my ways. That with the motivation to get fit led to me permanently dropping the smoke habit... :)

i've bin smoking since college. but i stopped bcoz of my gastro reflux disease. no cofi,no alcohol,no smoking,no to milk. iv told myself dat i cud quit d 3 of em but not smoking,but i suddenly did. but just about 2 yirs ago,and my GERD is not quite occuring, i starting puffing again. started out with 1-2 sticks a day,to 1 pak a day.

but just lately, i wanted to quit again. but its hard for me to do it now. i dont know how. my ofis frnd and i even had a bet. if he eats 2 rice in a meal,i wud smoke. vice versa. but only to find out dat were both fooling ourselves. i avoided having lunch with him and so does he. hehe. just last 2 wiks ago, i had caugh and had no voice. none at all. dat was d only tym i didnt smoke. 4 days?!!! geeezzzz,dat was hard. but beliv me im trying rili hard to avoid it. its just dat, wen im pre-occupied i fil lyk im gonna get sik without smoking. i just hope,i didnt get bak being addicted to yosi.

Hey guys, im out of the country now... my co-worker who just arrived here yesterday from the philippines told me (nagpabili kasi ako) na pull out na daw sa market ang "Champix" is this true :huh: ? Im planning to quit pa naman..... any new reco out there? I need help and I need it fast.... :cry: :cry:

Hey guys, im out of the country now... my co-worker who just arrived here yesterday from the philippines told me (nagpabili kasi ako) na pull out na daw sa market ang "Champix" is this true :huh: ? Im planning to quit pa naman..... any new reco out there? I need help and I need it fast.... :cry: :cry:

try nicorete bro.. this is what i used before.

Many people will suggest to simply quit smoking altogehter and deal with its difficulties; mind over matter, supposedly. BUt the thing is, your body is working against you, through withdrawal symptoms, especially if you're a heavy smoker; your body is essentially addicted to nicotine. And unless you have tremendous will power, i suggest you use nicotine patches. These patches are attached to your skin, and the Nicotine in it will go to your bloodstream. This is a much better alternative than cold turkey (quitting all-out right away), and it will reduce your withdrawal symptoms.

Essentially, smoking is an addiction that is caused by the Nicotine in the burnt tobacco. The Nicotine you absorb from smoking creates a chemical imbalance in your brain, and to compensate, your brain cuts back on its own chemicals (which is supposedly a reason why heavy smokers become DUMBER hehe). If you suddenly quit smoking, your nicotine supply is cut off, and your brain is again left with a chemical imbalance, which causes the various withdrawal symptoms.

Therefore, in trying to quit smoking, using nicotine patches is better. The nicotine concentration in these patches vary, and you can graduate from higher to lower nicotine concentrations in time. This method gives your brain time to adjust its chemical balance, thus reducing the various "difficulties" in trying to quit smoking.

Also, from a psychological perspective, smoking is supposedly an effect of oral fixation (Freudian theory). So aside from using the patches, try chewing gum whenever you feel the urge to smoke.

Goodluck :thumbsupsmiley:

No Sir, Champix is still readily available. It also has a patient care program (discounts, etc).

Am on it now, 2nd week.

• 2 weeks later...