How Can I Quit Smoking?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cold turkey. I quit after smoking for about 15 yrs. Ang pinakamahirap is the first two weeks. Sa akin ang effect, nagigising ako sa gabi. After the two weeks, medyo nag-normalize na tulog ko. Things to avoid when you're quitting are - pag-inom ng alak, beer and umiwas ka muna sa mga kaibigan mong nag-yo-yosi.

I'm off and on. I quit one time, I told my girlfriend that I had a gift for her. I took her to the cliffs of Tagaytay going to Peoples park after the Rotonda. I stopped the car at the cliff. It was at night, a little windy, stars were out, and the lights at the town below were twinkling. She asked why I stopped, I told her to get out of the car, I had something to show her. I pulled out my cigarettes and one by one I threw them off the cliff. I told her to give me a hand, and she took a few and threw them off the cliff as well. I yelled as I threw each one.."I don't need you anymore!" ..."I'm finished with you!"

3 months later, she was at my house in the room. I decided to take a shower and decided to light up 1 cigarette. I washed my mouth after smoking and even put soap in my mouth to erase the stench of the cigarette. I came back into the room and she kissed me. She had a weird look on her face, and she kissed me again. I was caught! She got angry at me and even threatened that she didn't want me anymore. After a long night of fighting and apologizing and crying, she gave me another chance. Even til now, I can't stop smoking. It's easy to quit for a month, but the thing is, 3, 4, 5, 6 months later.. you're still craving for a cigarette. Some times the craving is minimal, other times you just want to light up. I think it's a life long process. Once a smoker, you're always a smoker..you have that smoker's mentality still..even if you haven't smoked for years. It's tough, but I'm really trying to stop.

• 4 weeks later...

ako natigil na din me sa pagiging chain smoker ...almost 1 year na me nag quit minsan pag npapainum isang stick lang pero di gaanong humihithit...natigil ko lang sa pamamagitan ng pagtanim sa utak na kelangan tigilan ko na ayun nkayanan ko na...tama ung sabi nung mga nkaraang post sa forum na pyschological lang ang paninigarilyo...ako nakayanan ko at sabi nga nkaka impotent daw...ayoko mawala un para mkapag paligaya me ng chiks hehehehe....saka isipin mo nalang kung anu makukuha mo sa paninigarilyo puro sakit lang....saka nung nasa thailand ako bumili me isang kahang yosi may nkita pa me picture ng baga na cancerous as in live na picture tapos may nkalagay na "cigarette smoking is dangerous to your health" :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

it is really difficult... specially if pareho kame ng asawa ko na nag-ssmoke... lights nga lang sha at menthol ako... there were times that i was able to overcome my cigar cravings... just like yesterday... coz i am not feeling well... i can't even stand up for a long time... akala ko nga di na ko magccrave sa yosi... pero kanina lng umaga... yosi na ulit... it is really difficult... as in!!!...

try the nicotine patch which is available at the mercury drugstore...nicotine will be absorbed into your blood from the patch thus lessening the nicotine craving, do it everyday for 3 months...you'll be cigarette free after that, of course with discipline and determination.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It has been exactly 3mos kahapon since i stopped smoking. I have been into bumps and grinds along the way. kung iisipin ko parang ang tagal ko nang tumigil hehehe.

I've tried quitting several times before, minsan ginawa kong pyramid yung dami ng yosing tinake ko. Sampu sa isang araw,siyam sa sunod,walo... hanggang di na nagyosi. naitigil ko for 2 days.pero nung bumalik ako sa isang yosi break naging dalawang stick na :Didn't work for me. meron pa ung skip ako ng one day para di mg smoke for the first week,2 days sa 2nd week,3 day s for the third wee, hanggang maabot ko ung seventh week na hindi magyosi.pero nung hinanap na naman ng katawan ko dumoble ung dosage ng intake ko :D

Tagal ko nang gusto kong itigil ito kasi ayaw ng gf ko.minsan nga nahihiya na akong halikan siya dahil nga amoy yosi,nagsinungaling din ako na tumigil na ako though alam kong naaamoy din nya na nagyosi din ako.

Then isang araw naglunch ako, bangus ang ulam, at sa kamalas malasan natinik ako. my throat got sore for 3days. pero sa tatlong araw n un nagyoyosi parin ako.so i guess nainfect na ung tinik sakin. one day i coughed and brought out a blackish phlegm. mejo nagalala na ako.

So i decided to quit totally, it was may 25. First 2 days oks lang,ksi namn may sore throat ako kaya di ko pa ganon hinahanap. 3-4 day mejo ok na sakit ko. damn dun na nagsimula ung craving. every 15mins ata yun hinahanap ko habang nasa work ako. this went on for 2 weeks. for the first week tumataas ung level ng craving then after the 2nd week it subsided, mga once in 3 hours ko nalang kncrave. what i do is i drink a lot of liquid at kumain ng gum. :) after a month and a half, sinubukan kong uminom ng beer. eh diba ang pakner ng beer maliban sa pulutan ang kaha kahang marlboro? i did that to test my self. luckily, nalampasan ko yon. after 2months mula nung tumigil ako sinubukan ko nang makisalamuha sa mga frends kong nagyoyosi padin sa pantry. hehe di na din ako nglalaway o naiingit sa kanila. para sakin 3 months of non-smoking is alreadya very big goal for me. lalo na im 24 and i started smoking at 16 ;) sa mga di makastop pa, tama ung iba,quit cold turkey. mahirap talaga at matetest ung pagpipigil mo pero to garner positive effects in the future i can say it is worth it. :) Hindi na po ako inuubo ngayon,i can last longer in bed, i can walk long distances na hindi hinihingal,stamina up by about 50%, no black phlegm. 3 months palang po iyon :) imagine the benefits when i get to forty or so .:)

• 3 weeks later...

its really hard to quit especially pag kasama mong friends eh sunog baga rin. mas lalo na pag nagyaya. "tara yosi tau". i'm progressing na. dati 20 a week now asa 7 a week. medyo umiiwas na rin ako sa mga smoker friends ko hahaha,. all is in the mind ika nga. i dont think body is craving for smoke.

walang gradual na pag quit. it's either you quit or you don't. ^^

exacto mundo

if you really want to quit, believe me you can do it. obviously the longer you've been smoking the harder it is...but i truly believe that if you really want something you have to sacrifice to reach that goal. so quitting is definitely possible kung gugustuhin mo talaga.