How Can I Quit Smoking?

FR on quitting

++

ako cold turkey worked for me...pero I prepared for it...

sa simula totoo ang withdrawal symptoms...kaya ang sagot dun iwasan ang pagkakataon

na mapayosi ka...kung may inuman...pass muna...kung may kabarkada/kaopisina na nagyoyosi,

iwasan muna

my experience, in the office parating may yosi...meeting with the boss, kwentuhan with friends

going out for drinks...laging may available na yosi...kaya isa sa preparasyon ko...change jobs..

go to another office that doesn’t know that you smoke...too radical? maybe, but it helped change

my access to the cigarette. Swerte ko lang yung nilipatan ko x2 ng sweldo ko noon. :thumbsupsmiley:

next...use the 1st stick technique...marami sa gustong mag quit ang sabi...bawasan ang dami ng

stick from 1 ½ pack to ½ pack per day...or just minimize the cigarettes per day...ginawa ko rin

yan noon pero ang nangyari...babalik ka pa rin at dadami uli ang yoyosihin mo...because di pa

rin naalis yung addiction mo sa nicotine at paghawak ng yosi at paglagay sa bibig...

the 1st stick technique is to say NO to the 1st stick...in all occasions. This is the trick...if you have

avoided the 1st stick for 1 hour then 1 day, then 2 days...you must acknowledge the time of

NOT GIVING IN to the craving as your accomplishment...Use the analogy that if you were

able to go this far, you can do it again...and again..and again.

totoo rin yon, mapapanaginipan niyong nagyoyosi kayo dahil that is what you truly want to do...

temporary relief...sa simula ....pero kapag tumagal na...pag gising niyo iisipin niyo kung totoo nga iyon

dahil sayang naman ang sakripisyo ninyo the whole time that you were fighting the craving of

not smoking...

To boost your confidence, by next week I would have avoided the 1st stick by 2 years.

Good luck!! :thumbsupsmiley:

cold turkey is one way..

cold turkey means biglang tigil! walang minimize sticks a day. tigil agad. no more yosi kahit kelan.

perks pag tumigil...mas masarap pagkain at beer. mas lasang lasa mo kasi taste buds mo will work effectively. mas ok paghinga din. wala na mga ubo ubo and mas makakatipid ka. menos isang bisyo.

it worked for me..maybe sa inyo din.

• 2 weeks later...
guys anu yung champix???? i really wnna quit smoking na talaga..

Its the drug varenicline, chantix ang brand name nya sa US. You take it for a minimum of 3 months. You need not stop smoking while on this drug, kusa na daw mawawala yung urge mong mag smoke (according sa dun sa MD na nag conduct ng product presentation). The downside is that its a bit pricey, approx 77 pesos isa and at one point you need to take 4 tablets a day.

i quite for health reasons. i have the cravings and i'm seduced by the smell, and i'm prone to a relapse kasi 1 month pa lang. but since i quit i noticed my breathing's better i can walk longer without panting, i can smell better too (yummy, clean men come to me :rolleyes:), i don't miss the after smoke smell that sticks to my hair, clothes, breath (all the better to kiss me with my dear :*) . i agree that it takes will power. i heard some people take up a sport, i want to take yoga for breathing and flexibility...i feel myself digressing to something sensual :blush:.

good luck to you...hope you find what works!

Just reading the post makes me shiver... Im just curious kun ano mararamdaman ko pg ng quit ako smoking.. reading them already makes me feel uneasy and a light shiver is already kicking in... i think id die with out cigz... to think im just only 23 yrs old been smoking for 8yrs. at 1pack a day.. even though may ubo sipon o sakit ako nde ko mapigilan wag mg yosi.. you'll think going to a psych would help? my mind rejects any idea of quitting.. but a part of me like to quit!! darn i think i need professional help!!!

I'd like to say that from personal experience that a lot of people find it a lot easier to quit smoking once they've immersed themselves in some form of physical activity which requires that they be in the best condition. Case in point, a lot of the wrestlers I teach in UP used to be smokers. Once they started training wrestling and grappling and MMA they were forced to cut their smoking habits. So for the smokers out there who'd like to quit just a simple word of advice. Find something, some activity (other than smoking) may it be basketball, badminton or martial arts or some form of exercise which'll require you to be in the best cardiovascular condition. Of course you have to like the activity too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...