How Can I Quit Smoking?

cold turkey is the way to go. you cant do it gradually. you tend to justify why you have to smoke a cigarette in a given time ex. after eating or being stressed at work, and after that you will realized you've consumed the same amount of cigarette when you havent decided to quit.

im in this forum just to say that i am kicking this habit as soon as i finish this one im puffing hehehehe

kidding aside, im again determined to quit and i WILL quit, period. i've stopped for more than a year but for some unbelievably petty reason i've been at it again. it's funny how cigarette tastes awfully bad when i started smoking again after more than a year... i almost couldn't inhale it.

i've done it befoe and i could do it again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
cold turkey is the way to go. you cant do it gradually. you tend to justify why you have to smoke a cigarette in a given time ex. after eating or being stressed at work, and after that you will realized you've consumed the same amount of cigarette when you havent decided to quit.

I went cold turkey myself last year. But since I had been smoking already for over 20 years, it had temporary adverse effects. I developed hives. The dermatologist I went to see was pretty sure it was a reaction to my abrupt quitting. I took some anit-allergy medicine for a few months and now I'm okay. I still take a puff or two every few weeks, but generally I don't look for it anymore. Yung first month lang talaga yung mahirap.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently stopped after smoking almost everyday for 7 years straight. What's working for me are Lollipops (kasi i miss the gesture, syempre pag may nakita kang iba gusto mo na din magYosi, suck on lollipop instead) and the mindset (though mine is nonsense lang, kapag bumalik ako sa pagyoyosi hindi na talaga ko gGraduate, meaning pagkaGraduate ko pwede na ulit!haha making me even more motivated to meet my goal)

Btw, I've been yosi free for almost 2 months, also gave me better performance sa gym.

I was a smoker for almost 20 years. Kung gusto mo talaga mag quit just don't pick up a cigarette again. Do it cold turkey so there won't be any excuses. There will always be adverse effects but if you really want to quit you will quit. No ifs, ands or buts about it. But you have to be motivated by something whether it be your health, job, image, etc. I was motivated to quit when I saw my young children trying to emulate me smoking a cigarette. That was the last time I ever smoked.

how can i get my husband to stop smoking?

i've withheld sex, use sex as a reward, bribed, pleaded, cried, nagged, pinagrosario,

used scare tactics, nicotine gums, patches, hypnosis, you name it, (kung me mahanap lang akong

mangkukulam dito, ipapakulam ko siya to stop smoking) i've used all those to have him stop smoking.

he stopped for a year then started again. he said it's due to his stressful job kaya mahirap sa kanyang

mag quit. he's deployed in iraq now where everyone smokes and his job is quite stressful so he told me

not to pressure him to quit right now.

i'm really concern but i can't really push him to quit now esp the stress he's under.

Edited by hottlipss
how can i get my husband to stop smoking?

i've withheld sex, use sex as a reward, bribed, pleaded, cried, nagged, pinagrosario,

used scare tactics, nicotine gums, patches, hypnosis, you name it, (kung me mahanap lang akong

mangkukulam dito, ipapakulam ko siya to stop smoking) i've used all those to have him stop smoking.

he stopped for a year then started again. he said it's due to his stressful job kaya mahirap sa kanyang

mag quit. he's deployed in iraq now where everyone smokes and his job is quite stressful so he told me

not to pressure him to quit right now.

i'm really concern but i can't really push him to quit now esp the stress he's under.

Haynaku ate L indi magki-quit yan hanggang indi ready, same with everything else. Yes stress is a good excuse and that's what drove me to smoke in the first place. You have to understand his situation. Meron akong pinsan. He was an athlete in high school and college and never picked up a cigarette until he joined the Army. He says it helps him stay awake during his watch. I'm assuming your hubby wants to quit eventually. Believe in him and most of all don't nag him - gentle reminders will do. LET YOUR KIDS DO THE NAGGING! :lol:

i smoked for almost 20 years, and nobody in my family knows. but i decided to quit just this january, until now di ko na hinahanap. gumanda ang pang amoy and panlasa ko lalo na sa food. lumakas ang resistencya ko, di na ko lagi irritate at malaki na ang na save ko. nakaka 2packs halos ako every day' :thumbsupsmiley:

i smoked for almost 20 years, and nobody in my family knows. but i decided to quit just this january, until now di ko na hinahanap. gumanda ang pang amoy and panlasa ko lalo na sa food. lumakas ang resistencya ko, di na ko lagi irritate at malaki na ang na save ko. nakaka 2packs halos ako every day' :thumbsupsmiley:

:) :) :)

Mr. B..di mo ba hinahanap? Paano ginagawa mo?? share mo naman...gusto ko na din mag quit...

12 hours na ko di nag yoyosi. hinahanap ko na nga eh..

:mtc:

Haynaku ate L indi magki-quit yan hanggang indi ready, same with everything else. Yes stress is a good excuse and that's what drove me to smoke in the first place. You have to understand his situation. Meron akong pinsan. He was an athlete in high school and college and never picked up a cigarette until he joined the Army. He says it helps him stay awake during his watch. I'm assuming your hubby wants to quit eventually. Believe in him and most of all don't nag him - gentle reminders will do. LET YOUR KIDS DO THE NAGGING! :lol:

ngayon ko lang nakita to koya! :rolleyes:

sige na nga, parang nagusap na kayong dalawa na tigilan ko na sa pagnanag...the kids made him a drawing after a DARE conference

in their school...sabi ni bunso..."STOP CIGARETTING DADDY...CIGARETTES ARE DRUGS!" ewan ko lang ko me epekto yun sa kanya...

thanks koya...tama ka nga :thumbsupsmiley:

• 3 months later...