How Can I Quit Smoking?

I believe it's all psychological. Took me a year din to really stop smoking. It was hard but really worth it.

Anyone here tried the medication for smoking?

I know someone who tried it but he found himself substituting smoking with eating. He gave up the medication because his BP rose significantly. Diba yung pagtaas ng BP is a side effect of years of smoking? Mababa na kasi yung metabolism tapos may iba pa atang factor. Haha...hirap talaga. Sa totoo lang, kung gugustuhin mo kaya mo. Tama si Pantasya. In his case, ayaw siguro niya magquit.

Nicotine replacement therapy (gum, patch, inhaler, or nasal spray): Nicotine patches are available over the counter, under several brand names, but are best used in conjunction with a doctor.

bupropion (Zyban or Wellbutrin), a prescription drug.

Group or behavioral counseling. The most successful quitting programs use combinations of drug treatment and counseling and have success rates of 5% after 1 year.

I'd like to say that from personal experience that a lot of people find it a lot easier to quit smoking once they've immersed themselves in some form of physical activity which requires that they be in the best condition. Case in point, a lot of the wrestlers I teach in UP used to be smokers. Once they started training wrestling and grappling and MMA they were forced to cut their smoking habits. So for the smokers out there who'd like to quit just a simple word of advice. Find something, some activity (other than smoking) may it be basketball, badminton or martial arts or some form of exercise which'll require you to be in the best cardiovascular condition. Of course you have to like the activity too.

ahehe that is one of the reasons why i wanted to take up BJJ chief ^_^

i'm trying to kick the habit, right now i'm at 3 max sticks a day if i go over i punish myself ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

first stage...

keep away lighters/ match... this will lessen your chance kahit pa marami kang yosi.

dont buy packs of packs or try to stop buying... i noticed i smoke a lot during OT sa work pag wala ka na mayosi nakakatamad bumili, or during wee hrs while watching tv/movies sarap mag yosi. kung di accesible tindihan chances are matiis mo walang yosi.

stay away from party/gimiks.

frequent no smoking areas.

I am a QUITTER na for 6 months already ... NO relapses

The true test was when my friends and i went out... 14 of us, 13 of them smoked and I did not....

I keep telling them to quit.. everytime to quit ....

if you conciously tell your friends to quit... it is a way for you to tell your self...

first stage...

keep away lighters/ match... this will lessen your chance kahit pa marami kang yosi.

dont buy packs of packs or try to stop buying... i noticed i smoke a lot during OT sa work pag wala ka na mayosi nakakatamad bumili, or during wee hrs while watching tv/movies sarap mag yosi. kung di accesible tindihan chances are matiis mo walang yosi.

stay away from party/gimiks.

frequent no smoking areas.

• 1 month later...

I used to be a chain smoker if that fits me categorically. I used to have 3 packs a day for almost a year, that time Marlboro Red hehe. Anyway, for me I just realized that smoking is rapidly becoming my habit. So I told myself that I had to stop it and thinks of the cons smoking brings.

The decision is yours...not with any other people...

*My own point of view, since that is what I did in order to quit* PEACE!

I used to be a chain smoker too 15 years ago then one day I suddenly realized that smoking will k*ll me sooner or later so I decided to quit but I needed a mental boost for motivation so I bought 10 ZYBAN pills. Zyban make the taste of cigarette smoke awful when you smoke so you eventually grow a natural aversion to smoking (at least that's how it worked for me).