How Can I Quit Smoking?

• 2 weeks later...
ONE OF MY BIGGEST PROBLEMS IS QUITTING IT :thumbsdownsmiley: FEEL KO TALAGA WEAK AKO :thumbsdownsmiley:

Got share to you guys the medicine that I am taking!

I qquit smoking for about 6 weeks now. At first I used Nicorette Nicotine Gum pero after 3 days of using it, I had a sudden painfull throat na parang barado ang lalamunan ko. I went to a doctor and she prescribed me CHAMPIX (pfizer product available at Mercury).

Chmapix is a smoke cessation tablet that has no nicotine in its ingredients. It woked for me. I am taking it in the moring and evening after meals. Sinabayan ko na rin ng exercise sa gym and jog/walk every 6 am. Now, i feel I am healthier and I look younger. Its side effect is that you will feel a sudden rush in your body when you take it (parang adrenaklin rush kapag 5 hrs ka nang gustong mag yosi), sleepless nights in the first week, body pains for about 2 week kung heavy smoker ka and manghihina ka for about 2 weeks. Nagakaroon din pala ako ng singaw sa tongue which disappeared after 5 days. When you quit, make sure that you have a regular doctor kasi marami ka talagang mararamdam na sakit sa katawan but the pain is worth experiencing because by quitting you will live longer and happier.

The good thing about this drug is that you can still smoke on the first week of taking the medicine while you prepare to really quit and at the same time the medicine is conditioning your body to replace your regualrly smoking dose of nicotine with the "false nicotine" supplied by the medicine. It is also much cheaper than nicorette. The gum has to be taken every 1 to 2 hrs at P 20 each but Champix is taken only twice at P 80+ each and if you visit a doctor, he/she will give you a dicount pfizer card and buy it at 40% less.

I really believe in this medicine kaya lahat ng kaibgan ko sinasabihan ko.

I have fresher breath, can jog longer distance, no more chest pains, feel younger, more confident to kiss my wife, walang na gaano sya reklamo na mabaho ako and most of all, I ended my 15 years of smoking after 7 tries.

Kaya nyo mag quit but you must decide that you really wanted to quit for your own good so that you can provide the financial requirements of your family and live a longer life enjoying the company of your wife and children.

Well, there's three-pronged approach to quitting.

Physical/Physiological - the body only needs 72 hours (3 days) for the nicotine to be flushed out of your system

Mental - Even after the physical addiction, stops your mind would still crave for it since associates smoking

with your normal routine (When you feel fool after eating or after sex, etc.)

Emotional - Your mind also associates smoking with certain pleasurable events like parties or things that make

you feel down (bad day, depression, failed subject, etc.)

Most of the time, smokers justify to themselves why they smoke again so they lapse back into it.

Well, smokers need to set a quit date, find strong personal reasons for quitting and stick to it.

Personally, the best way to quit is cold turkey.

I was able to stop for a year and half because of it.

The next time I stop, I will never touch another cigarette. It only takes one to get you back on it.

As of now, Im still trying to quit, I've managed to quit for weeks to a month at a time, the problem is every time

I quit, the harder it is to quit again.

me, i stopped working out because i took care of my wife for almost a year. unfortunately we lost her to cancer.

before i stopped i weighed 210lbs with 18% bf(body fat).

now, i'm slowly trying to pick-up the pieces of my life so i decided to pick up the weights again and i plan to hit 250lbs with 12%bf before summer.

when i came back last september i weigh almost 180lbs with a bf of 25%. now i'm almost 190lbs with 21% bf. looks like on track towards my goal this coming summer. :thumbsupsmiley:

wish me luck guys!

Well, there's three-pronged approach to quitting.

Physical/Physiological - the body only needs 72 hours (3 days) for the nicotine to be flushed out of your system

Mental - Even after the physical addiction, stops your mind would still crave for it since associates smoking

with your normal routine (When you feel fool after eating or after sex, etc.)

Emotional - Your mind also associates smoking with certain pleasurable events like parties or things that make

you feel down (bad day, depression, failed subject, etc.)

Most of the time, smokers justify to themselves why they smoke again so they lapse back into it.

Well, smokers need to set a quit date, find strong personal reasons for quitting and stick to it.

Personally, the best way to quit is cold turkey.

I was able to stop for a year and half because of it.

The next time I stop, I will never touch another cigarette. It only takes one to get you back on it.

As of now, Im still trying to quit, I've managed to quit for weeks to a month at a time, the problem is every time

I quit, the harder it is to quit again.

ulul pol. kung gusto, gusto. kung ayaw, ayaw. palusot na lang lahat ng susunod. life measures results and gives less than a f#&k about intent. hahaha. sinabihan naman kita, mukhang gusto mo talaga...

me, i stopped working out because i took care of my wife for almost a year. unfortunately we lost her to cancer.

before i stopped i weighed 210lbs with 18% bf(body fat).

now, i'm slowly trying to pick-up the pieces of my life so i decided to pick up the weights again and i plan to hit 250lbs with 12%bf before summer.

when i came back last september i weigh almost 180lbs with a bf of 25%. now i'm almost 190lbs with 21% bf. looks like on track towards my goal this coming summer. :thumbsupsmiley:

wish me luck guys!

you don't need luck boss. you're right on schedule. keep up the good work... by the way, how do you measure your body fat percentage?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

drop by medical city lobby, there you will see an exhibit of the physical degradation effects of continued smoking (as well as beneficial effects of stopping smoking) such as:

(1) gangrene

(2) collapsed lungs

(3) clubbing of fingers

(4) blackening deterioration of teeth

Just stop and if you can't see a doctor, it's not habit its nicotine dependence. For your sake and the sake of your loveones.

im actually trying to quit smoking..so far ive cut down to just 1 - 2 sticks per day. i used to smoke around 10 sticks a day.. what i do is that i try to stop thinking about it. when i feel the urge of doing it i just dismissed it right away. believe me its not that easy since i've been smoking since i was 18 and i also 1 of those call center peeps who have this nasty habit. doctors adviced me stop smoking since both my parents died because of the Big C.