Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

More stuff from Vertu's collection..

The Allen Iverson selective swatch (2nd card) is a 1 of 1.. Its a logoman from Iverson's jersey..

The third card is numbered to Shaq's jersey number..

The fourth one is my favorite.. a Larry Bird Spectrum Flashback Fabric 1 of 1.. Sick!!!

post-75683-1173249626.jpg

Edited by revi

More..

The Jason Kidd and Wade dual autograph and patches is again a 1 of 1.. The Kidd boasts of a logoman patch.. Another 1 of 1..

The Wade Refractor Autograph is a rookie card from Topps Finest.. $600...

post-75683-1173250592.jpg

Edited by revi

More.. Exquisites..

All #d to 25.. The TMac is my fave.. The Chris Paul's patch is just sick.. Haaayy!!! :)

To top it all.. the Gerald Green is numbered #5 of 25.. Green's jersey is #5.. 1 of 1..

post-75683-1173251266.jpg

Edited by revi

Clyde,

I honestly don't know how much the value is. I only collect the high end ones and 99% i pull them out of the cases i open. Sorry, I don't go for clyde drexlers eh. I only collect mostly jordan and lebrons. Sa legends, i only collect the very hard to find autos.

Clyde,

I honestly don't know how much the value is. I only collect the high end ones and 99% i pull them out of the cases i open. Sorry, I don't go for clyde drexlers eh. I only collect mostly jordan and lebrons. Sa legends, i only collect the very hard to find autos.

Do you have any legendary players' autograph (that are not hard to find) for disposal?

I know I have posted 2 Chris Paul Exquisite Rookie Cards here before.. But I never did thought that Vertu had more.. Here is a picture of 4 Chris Paul Exquisite RCs that he had lying around in his abode..

One Chris Paul Exquisite is valued at $3,200.. The total value therefore of these cards is at: $12,800.. :boo: Crazy!!!

post-75683-1173379651.jpg

Edited by revi

Samurai-X,

You can visit our store in Megamall Building B basement beside Pancake House. Its called JAE Collectibles. The other store is in V-Mall, walang pangalan but its the floor above toy kingdom. Basically, all our cards are on sale there.

You can also check our our ebay store, sellers name is ATTYBALL23.

Revi, crazy is an understatement! Vertu's card is insane!!!

I still remember in beckett.com's message forums before, someone asked to post a picture of a Chris Paul Exquisite Rookie Card that he/she owns.. Somebody did and they almost worshipped the guy.. If they only knew that our own Vertu has 4 Chris Paul's.. inggit na naman nun mga Kano.. bwehehehe!!!! :lol:

Edited by revi
revi ikaw ang grand master jedi ng NBA cards

Thanks for the compliment, dude.. But for me, honestly, I am not even close to being a "master jedi.." If you could only see the collection of some of my co-collectors.. You would be surprised to see that I may just be a jedi soldier..

My close friend, Vertu, is the Grand Master Jedi.. not me.. Just look at the pictures I posted in the last few pages.. Yun pa lang, makakabili na ng bahay at lupa eh.. Vertu's collection is the best I have ever seen in the PI.. Even in the Message Boards of Beckett.com, wala pa rin akong nakitang makakatalo sa collection niya eh.. And the best part is that he pulled 99% of these cards from packs..

BTW, I will be posting more pictures of Vertu's collection later on.. Abangan niyo na lang.. :cool:

Idol Revi, tip naman diyan, is it necessary na lagyan pa ng sleeves ang cards bago ilagay sa ultra pro or much better kung walang sleeves? Kasi I'm sure kapag sa screw down ka naglagay the sleeves are necessary.

May ilang trivia questions din ako, para lalong ma inspire ang mga former collectors na tulad ko (planning to go back in the hobby soon)

1. How many years ka na sa hobby?

2. Maganda bang source of extra income ang buy and sell ng cards? Ang would be main source ko eh buy several boxes (sealed) then sell the cards that i don't want to keep.

oo nga pala may bagong set ngayon ung topps turkey red, hindi ko pa lang nakikita kung ano ang itsura ng cards

Revi thank you very much in advance, aabangan kita kasi may gut feeling ako na ikaw na ang susunod na Cover Baller ng BECKETT :thumbsupsmiley:

Idol Revi, tip naman diyan, is it necessary na lagyan pa ng sleeves ang cards bago ilagay sa ultra pro or much better kung walang sleeves? Kasi I'm sure kapag sa screw down ka naglagay the sleeves are necessary.

May ilang trivia questions din ako, para lalong ma inspire ang mga former collectors na tulad ko (planning to go back in the hobby soon)

1. How many years ka na sa hobby?

2. Maganda bang source of extra income ang buy and sell ng cards? Ang would be main source ko eh buy several boxes (sealed) then sell the cards that i don't want to keep.

oo nga pala may bagong set ngayon ung topps turkey red, hindi ko pa lang nakikita kung ano ang itsura ng cards

Revi thank you very much in advance, aabangan kita kasi may gut feeling ako na ikaw na ang susunod na Cover Baller ng BECKETT :thumbsupsmiley:

I don't put penny sleeves when I put my cards in screwdowns or magnetic holders.. Screwdowns and holders are made to hold the card itself.. Not with penny sleeves.. Hindi kakasya.. Trust me, I have tried this.. Di talaga pwede!!! Yung top loaders ang dapat lagyan ng penny sleeves dahil bukas ito sa taas.. Baka lumusot yung card mo and the sleeves would act as a protector..

How many years am I in the hobby? Around 13 years.. But I only got really into the card collecting thing in 1997.. Kaya nga Tim Duncan ang collection ko eh.. :)

Source of income? I have seen several people who buy singles at a low price and sell them at a high price.. These people are known as "smackers.." I never did considered this hobby as a source of income.. I am really a collector by heart..

Buying boxes and cases do not necessarily mean that you would be able to earn.. IMO, its a hit and miss thing.. But if you have the capacity (much like Vertu) to buy a lot of cases mas malaki ang chance mo to get pulls na magaganda which you can sell and maybe earn.. But this is a rarity if you are only opening a few boxes and cases.. Parang sugal pa din ito

Its good that you are planning to go back in the hobby.. I hope this thread has encouraged you to go back.. I suggest you visit some of Vertu's stores (one in Virra Mall - 2nd floor and one in Megamall - JAE Collectibes) and scout some of the new cards there.. Also try to visit Courtside in Robinsons Galleria every Saturday and buy your cards from the sellers there..

Ngek! Ako cover ng Beckett.. Pinatawa mo ako.. My collection ain't worthy!!! IMHO, Vertu is the only worthy collector in the Philippines that can be the cover of Beckett..

Edited by revi

Some more pictures of Vertu's collections:

For the newbies on this thread: Vertu is also a member of MTC and I only took pictures of his collection to show to people here and make this thread more interesting.. We are trying to encourage people to collect again or to start collecting..

The Ben Gordon Limited Logos is #d 7 of 50.. Gordon's jersey number is 7.. Another 1 of 1.. The Deng is numbered 9 of 50.. Deng's jersey number is 9.. God!!! Two 1 of 1's.. Wow!!!!

The patches on the Jordan & Rodman are just simply mouth-watering!!!! The Jordan is worth $1,500.. The Gordon Beckett value is at $550.. But this is numbered to his jersey number.. This could reach $800-1K if sold in e-bay.. The Luol Deng can reach up to $400-500 if sold in e-bay.. Both the Gordon and Deng are rookie autographs, BTW..

:cool:

post-75683-1173593128.jpg

Edited by revi

Vertu's group (which includes yours truly) opened several cases of Basketball cards last night.. Specifically 2 cases of Upper Deck SPX, 2 Cases of Topps Signature Moves, 19 boxes of Upper Deck Hardcourt and a case of Topps Chrome..

Most notable pulls: We were able to get 2 numbered to 10 autographs from Topps Signature Moves.. Shaq and a Moses Malone.. The SPX delivered a Brandon Roy RC Autograph (first one in almost 15 cases).. Topps Chrome yielded a JJ Redick RC autograph and a Gold Refractor Rudy Gay RC..

Topps Signature Moves featured a lot of autographs.. we got Jordan Farmar, Smush Parker, Josh Smith, Rick Barry, Dwyane Wade.. (actually we got 2 Wades).. and a lot more.. I think this product yields around 4 autographs per box.. :cool:

These items would be available in Vertu's shops (in Virra Mall and Megamall) on Thursday..

Pictured below are the pictures of the inserts/autographs/refractors we opened.. Enjoy!!!! :)

post-75683-1173766562.jpg

I'm sure it was a lot of fun busting those packs!

But it really made me think about the cost and the pull ratio and not to mention the card quality one can hope to pull opening those cases...

Expensive!!! ...And with no guarantee whatsoever what one might get. whew!!!

But again the thrill of pulling one of those ultra rare cards!