Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

Thanks skyfan!

I'll try to post some of my cards tonight.

:cool:

Yahoo! more eye-candy! welcome "master collectors" psa10 & courtmaster!

btw, i might sell one of my karl malone rcs to prepare for the cards that vertu's group might get hold of. :P

Vertu, maybe you can extend the holding period to a week for those who have to come up with the cash coz sometimes even if we really like the card, our wallets don't seem to cooperate with us. And i think some of the guys here also have the wives to contend with. :thumbsdownsmiley: :flowers: :cool:

Actually as a rule of thumb, we don't really do any reservations whatsoever, those who go to the store know na, if you're late, wala ka na aabutan. The resevation of two days (maximum) is a facilitation that i can extend to members of MTC. Anymore than that, i will have problems with my partner.

Courtmaster, Revi and others who have dealt with him can attest on how he deals with customers.

Actually as a rule of thumb, we don't really do any reservations whatsoever, those who go to the store know na, if you're late, wala ka na aabutan. The resevation of two days (maximum) is a facilitation that i can extend to members of MTC. Anymore than that, i will have problems with my partner.

Courtmaster, Revi and others who have dealt with him can attest on how he deals with customers.

Ok. We understand your stand Vertu. Maybe if we can find a way to communicate faster the pulls that we get for the particular collector it would give him/her more time to think if he will get the card or open it to the market. I thought of this because some of us don't log on MTC that often.For exampple,if Vertu's group posted/PMed me about a Malone pulled today but unfortunately i'm out of town and i do not have access to the internet and i'll be back by Monday pa. That means the 2 day holding period has lapsed already. This is one concern we might want to address also.

Yup, Vertu is right. His partner actually doesnt give reservations. Even if youre a regular customer there, you'll be given just only 1 day to reserve the card. And also kung alang actual buyer nung card na yun pag nag start nang magdisplay sa shop. Actually almost half na lang natitira ng new display pag lumipas na ang 1 day especially kung bago at maganda talaga yung mga new cards on display.

And if you want more time, you can bid nalang online via attyball. Usually 5 days ang postings nya. Yun nga lang madugo na coz worldwide na ang kalaban.

:cry:

Vertu's proposed maximum holding period of 2 days is (IMHO) very reasonable.. As you know, Vertu is also running a business and prolonging the sales of the cards would also affect income.. Its more like an opportunity lost.. The scenario presented by styx (the out of town event) could happen but I don't think that he and his partner can do much more (if that scenario ever presents itself in the future..)..

Regular buyers (kahit kilala ka pa) are not really given priorities.. Much like everyone else, they have to be there as early as possible to buy the cards that they need.. Kumbaga first come first served.. This is the reason why the proposed holding period of 1 to a maximum of 2 days is actually a big step for the MTC Members/Collectors vs. the non-members di ba?

As Courtmaster said, madaling maubos ang magagandang releases.. At tama din siya na minsan nangangalahati na ang displays after a day.. Thus, the proposed holding period given to us is actually a very very big help already.. Mantakin mo, kahit papaano naka-hold ang cards for your collection at hindi ka dapat makipag-unahan..

Guys,

Best i can do talaga is to post on MTC when we will open and when we will display. I cannot hold any card longer that 2 days as this won't be fair anymore to other buyers.

It's a small community, what if lahat sumali sa MTC group so it defeats the purpose right? As i have been observing, dumadami ang nagbabasa and from what i have heard from the grapevine, alam na rin ng collectors outside about this thread.

Guys, here are some in the set na currently binubuo ko.

Lacking Larry Bird, Bill Russell & Dennis Rodman.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/autopatchcollector/04-05spgulegendaryfabricsauto100.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/autopatchcollector/04-05spgulegendaryfabricsautogeorge.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/autopatchcollector/04-05spgulegendaryfabricsautomichae.jpg

Just give me a pm pag mern kayo makita.

Thanks

:cool:

Guys,

Best i can do talaga is to post on MTC when we will open and when we will display. I cannot hold any card longer that 2 days as this won't be fair anymore to other buyers.

It's a small community, what if lahat sumali sa MTC group so it defeats the purpose right? As i have been observing, dumadami ang nagbabasa and from what i have heard from the grapevine, alam na rin ng collectors outside about this thread.

Ok thanks Vertu. Guys, it was just a suggestion. but i'm ok with what's set.

bakit yung mga finest ko naninilaw? nasa album lang.

i have an autogrhaped adidas card of tracy mcgrady and tim thomas..yun yung nagpunta sila dito dati..may value ba yun?

thanks

That is usually the problem of most Finest cards.. I also have several that are turning yellowish..

The adidas cards do not have any Beckett values.. But I am sure you could sell them to people who collect cards of Tim Thomas and TMac.. :cool: Odd Ball releases usually ang tawag sa mga ganyan.. :)

i have an autogrhaped adidas card of tracy mcgrady and tim thomas..yun yung nagpunta sila dito dati..may value ba yun?

thanks

ako rin na-experience ko some cards na finest and chrome na naka-sleeve na naninilaw. i think this happens pag "nagpapawis" yung card sa loob ng sleeve. have you experienced this? i was actually surprised yung mga finest ko na trash that i set aside sa isang shoebox with no sleeves yun pa yung walang any indication na naninilaw

regarding the autographed card of mcgrady and tim thomas, sa pagkaalam ko walang value ata yan coz' normally ang may pricing sa beckett yung mga authenticated autographs which are mostly pulled from packs or redeemed. but syempre, nothing beats the thrill of getting an autograph of your favorite player :cool:

thanks

I also have yellowish cards, akala ko nga naging GOLD REFRACTOR na e! hehehe!

Edited by cross215

hi guys! i finally received the first set of cards that i was able to buy through ebay from international sellers! i'm so happy and relieved coz it was my first time to buy from international sellers. it took 8 days to arrive Manila and 4 days to be delivered to me. i was somewhat nervous and unsure because they just used the regular USPS and no insurance.

Anyway, here's the pic of the cards.

post-43017-1174898317.jpg

Edited by styx310
That's :cool:

Enjoy your card hunting abroad!!!!!!

speaking of card hunting abroad, a card that i've recently won at ebay just arrived. it's a 1999-00 paul pierce/marcus camby stadium club co-signers. i've been trying to get as many cards, especially autographs, of camby as i can, and this was a really great buy as I got it at $12.50 (with shipping included) and it books at beckett at $50! and of course it also includes paul pierce's autograph. I still can't believe i got it at such a bargain :thumbsupsmiley:

here's a pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Wink3/DSC00408.jpg

Guys, have any of you been to Vmall? Was planning to drop by last Sunday but my schedule won't permit it. My objective is to try and get me an EX set. News is a set of 40 EX cards is priced at 1,200 (no RCs). Can anyone verify the pricing? Mighty expensive IMHO...

Guys, have any of you been to Vmall? Was planning to drop by last Sunday but my schedule won't permit it. My objective is to try and get me an EX set. News is a set of 40 EX cards is priced at 1,200 (no RCs). Can anyone verify the pricing? Mighty expensive IMHO...

yep saw the set yesterday and it is priced at 1,200. nice cards :)

Yes, the base set of EX is valued at 1,200.. Roughly around $23-24.. I think that is a good/reasonable buy already considering that a pack of EX is valued at Php500 in Courtside with 4 cards a pack.. A box would just give you 8 packs.. But you won't be able to get the whole set by just opening a box.. 2 boxes at the most to get all the 40 base cards.. :)