Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

@courtmaster/derrick28: Twin ha? Bakit di niyo ako sinama at kasama niyo pa si Dave.. Mga beterano pala kayo di lang sa cards pati sa mga "twin-twin!!" hehehe!!! :cool:

@derrick: thanks for the compliments, dude.. :)

Regarding the sticker autographs.. I also hate the idea.. That is the reason why I was not too happy on the SPX Rookie Cards this year.. Sticker autographs din sila and that was a let down coz I expected them to be on-card autographs.. EX provided on-card autographs for their rookies but there are also some which had sticker autos.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Kaya nga medyo mas kumuha ako ng mga UD Sweet Shot Rookies eh.. Cut autos sila but atleast they are not sticker autographs..

Again.. for the newcomers..

ATTENTION: ALL NBA CARD COLLECTORS,

Our own VERTU was interviewed last Monday re: the hobby by people at QTV Channel 11's PULSO .. His collection was also showcased.. this will be shown on April 2 at around 9:45PM - 10:30 PM at QTV Channel 11.. This is a good exposure for the hobby and I hope many would-be collectors would be able to watch the interview..

I hope we can all catch it..

Again, just a reminder for everyone:

VERTU's interview will be shown on APRIL 2 (this coming Monday) at QTV Channel 11's PULSO, around 9:45PM to 10:30PM.. :cool:

Ngek! Pareng court, only Vertu was interviewed.. Si Jun T., in-interview din for his toy collection.. I was not seen on TV.. Andun lang ako sa side.. Shy ako sa camera!!! Naks!!! :boo:

Vertu's b-day is actually tomorrow.. April 02.. (Yep, same date as the showing of his interview!!) He is in the States, that is the reason why he has not been present in the MTC boards.. :)

Advance Happy B-day, pare!!! :D

Ah oo nga pala April 2. Salamat papa revi :cool:

Ginagamitan ni derrick ng tricks yung chicks pinapalutang nya sa ere!!!! hahaha That's magic :thumbsupsmiley:

@revi & clyde

Ok, I'll try to make another banner... :zorro:

People in this thread before have asked me how I store my cards.. I said some are in binders, some are in shoe boxes, some are in screw down, or top-loaders.. I also said that I have a small shrine in my office where I display only my favorite cards..

I would like to share my small shrine.. Below is a picture of it..

VERY NICE SHRINE of your collections revi... Ang ganda!!! Sana magkaroon din ako ng ganyan hehe... :lol:

ATTENTION: ALL NBA CARD COLLECTORS,

Our own VERTU was interviewed last Monday re: the hobby by people at QTV Channel 11's PULSO .. His collection was also showcased.. this will be shown on April 2 at around 9:45PM - 10:30 PM at QTV Channel 11.. This is a good exposure for the hobby and I hope many would-be collectors would be able to watch the interview..

I hope we can all catch it..

Again, just a reminder for everyone:

VERTU's interview will be shown on APRIL 2 (this coming Monday) at QTV Channel 11's PULSO, around 9:45PM to 10:30PM.. :cool:

This would really be a good exposure for the hobby!!! I hope I could catch it tonight, sana abutan ko minsan gabi na kasi ako nakakauwi... :thumbsdownsmiley:

Nice banner pre!!!

Courtmaster - Ah getz ko na! Kakamiz na nga mga Pinay. Haaayyyyy!!! Puro Aussie meat lang available dito...and di uso feminine wash dito. Ewwww!!!

Something new from the mail. Got a really nice Parker RC auto. Surprisingly ang ganda ng condition ng card. Unti lang kase Rc auto ng mga sidekicks ni TD, might as well collect them. I have a feeling this year baka taon ng Spurs...di ba Revs?

post-12903-1175484302.jpg

Something new from the mail. Got a really nice Parker RC auto. Surprisingly ang ganda ng condition ng card. Unti lang kase Rc auto ng mga sidekicks ni TD, might as well collect them. I have a feeling this year baka taon ng Spurs...di ba Revs?

I do not have that RC of TP.. But not really on my wish list/budget.. Meron na kasi din ako nung SPX Auto RC niya eh.. Still, that would be a good addition to my Spurs collection.. Rookie card pa din yan eh.. Nice one derrick.. :cool:

"Year of the Spurs?".. I am not keeping my hopes high.. I still think that the Mavs and the Suns are lording it over the League nowadays.. And I am not underestimating the East, the Pistons and the Heat (if DWade comes back successfully) might just give the West a run for their money.. :)

Re: Vertu's interview..

Sorry for the wrong information.. Our friend (who was also interviewed re: toys) just texted me that the interview was moved on the 9th of April.. Same time (10PM).. He was informed by QTV ng medyo late na.. :(

Well, hope you guys would be able to catch the interview next Monday.. For those who anticipated the showing: sorry folks.. :)

guys, i recently bought a back issue of beckett (Dec '06 issue) and i have some problems locating some stuff. one example is the 02-03 Ultra Back 2 Back Game-used set. i also couldn't understand the thing with these multipliers for some cards or missing values. examples... 2001 stadium club traction game-worn sneakers of Elton Brand. I also cxouldnt find the value of my 01-02 Upper deck 10th power game jersey of ray allen. inside becjett, the 10th power set is listed and only Kobe and MJ are listed as $80 and $120 respectively...so how much is my Ray Allen? it just says the stated odds under the name of the set.no unlisted star or common card values. this occurs alot of times in the price guide. how are we supposed to interpret this? i also have a concern with my Upperdeck Victory AKA card of Lebron James. in the priceguide, it says there that the AKA set have a 1:20 odds and that its multiplier is 2.5x to 6x Base hi. what does this mean? the Lebron #101 of UD Victory is at $15 does this mean that my LBJ AKA card is around $90? pls help me guys. thanks.

@styx: The monthly Price Guide has had a lot changes since many products have been released over the years.. It appears that Beckett has not been printing some of the prices of several old products/releases.. This is to minimize space (I guess) and for them to keep the price of the magazine reasonable.. The monthly magazine has not been very helpful to our old collections..

Over the years, the monthly price guide has cut down its size.. Omitting several players and several old sets.. At yung iba tinanggal na din yung mga set prices and even the price for the semi-stars and unlisted stars.. Its really cost-cutting if you ask me..

Beckett publishes not only a monthly price guide but also a quarterly and an annual.. The Quarterly is called Beckett plus which is more comprehensive than the monthly price guide.. The price for the Ray Allen card you are looking for will be found there..

On the AKA LBJ that you have (that I also have, btw).. Its weird, but if you look at Beckett it appears that the price of that card is indeed $90.. But I have checked this in Beckett Plus (borrowed from a friend) and the price is listed at $15 - last time I checked ha.. Doon kasi walang multiplier-multiplier eh.. I checked on the card, coz I was wondering why the parallel version of the AKA #d to 100 is at $80.. Dapat mas mataas ito than the regular AKA eh.. Just goes to show that may error talaga ang Beckett in pricing.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Revi!!! How could you pre! Biggest Spurs supporter I know. I guess you're just being realistic. Hehehe. The suns have a shot if everyone stays healthy althoughout I guess. Ummm, the Mavs yeah they are a lock for top position in the play-offs, but Dirk still hasn't proven he's clutch when it counts. As for the heat, I rather not have DWade play, his injury might worsen. And yeah the Pistons are Dark horses with C-Webb. Still...SPurs D looks tough to crack in the play-offs and TD is healthy unlike last year!

ill collect duncan na ulit kht hindi rare cards its still collection hehe dba!

Uy! May kaagaw na ako sa mga cards ni Duncan.. :) Kidding aside, EB, welcome back to cardboard collecting.. :cool:

Revi!!! How could you pre! Biggest Spurs supporter I know. I guess you're just being realistic. Hehehe. The suns have a shot if everyone stays healthy althoughout I guess. Ummm, the Mavs yeah they are a lock for top position in the play-offs, but Dirk still hasn't proven he's clutch when it counts. As for the heat, I rather not have DWade play, his injury might worsen. And yeah the Pistons are Dark horses with C-Webb. Still...SPurs D looks tough to crack in the play-offs and TD is healthy unlike last year!

Magdilang anghel ka sana, Derrick.. Except for the first championship of the Spurs, I never really have set my standards on my team too high.. Madali kasi akong ma-hurt when they lose.. hahaha!!! :lol:

Seriously, the Spurs' bench players are kinda old.. Fin, Bones and Big Shot can still give us good minutes but it seems that there are games that their old age are showing.. Especially for Robert Horry.. IMO, they still lack a new "center" piece to help TD in the middle.. Francisco Elson might just be that piece, but I haven't really seen consistency in his game..

As you said, the Spurs and Duncan become a different animal when playoffs-time comes.. And TD is not hobbling.. I would say that they would have a bigger chance to win this year than last year.. I just hope that the Spurs' luck does not run out in the playoffs, and the basketball that Duncan kisses at the start of the game, kisses him back.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by revi
pare member na ko, ano bng dpat kong gwin? pano ko maki2ta ung mga pinost mong cards? at pano ako mgi2ng member mo?

Welcome pards!!! :cool:

As long as you are a member of MTC and you collect cards, you are officially part of our small circle of card fanatics in MTC.. Just browse the pages of this thread so that you would be able to view the cards that we have posted before..