Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

The highlight of the night is the two rare Lebron autographed cards we were able to pull.. Pictured below are those cards..

A Lebron Behind the Numbers #d to 23.. and katabi niya yung Lebron Clearly Authentic Autographed Tag/Patch #d to 10.. Sick!!! I like the Behind the Numbers better but the Tag/Patch Auto commands a steeper price as this would be unrpriced in Beckett.. Just amazing!!!

The Wade is actually the Essential Credential that is numbered to Wade's Jersey number.. a 1 of 1.. :)

post-75683-1174335179.jpg

Edited by revi

Sir Vertu,Revi and clydedrexler how about you guys make a club out of the nba card collectors? You know the good ol day style, PURE TRADING NO MONEY INVOLVE, if theres money involve strictly members only can transact, just by reading this forum and seeing other collectors cards fires me up again collecting, also it is better if we have this HOMEBASE where we meet up once a week so we can all get along together for a day. Just a suggestion sirs, i thank you all for giving us hopes that this hobby is not yet forgotten. Im ready to start all over again. I HOPE OTHERS MAY JOIN...

I like the name of the MTC magic collectors' signature MTC: Wizards. Short, simple and catchy. Dschocks signature looks good. I wished it could be shortened still...MTC NBA Thrill Seekers etc...That's not a suggested title but an example. hehehe We are almost there. BUt as we all agree let's not rush. PAtience is a vertu...opps virtue pala.

Sorry to hear that sad experience launch pad....

So let's start planning for that "revival" cum meeting of the collectors/ex collectors/would-be collectors thing. Hope it would beset in a time amenable to most as well.

I can hear Credit card companies shouting..."Go ebay!! Yes, YEs, revive the hobby!! Purchase more! Great Cards!!!" hahaha

The mention of "CATS" was sad...

I think meeting up as a group is a great way for real collectors to know each other. Trading is a great way to increase or improve one's collection. I like cross215's idea of creating a group of core collectors. Unfortunately, in this time and age, i don't think you can not involve money up to a certain degree. With the cards being of such value, one might have to give up half of his collection just to secure a card or two.

A friend of mine almost trade 90% of his collection just to secure a Exquisite RC of Lebron? I find that crazy. You give up a collection that took you months or maybe a year to put together just for a single card? Don't get me wrong, owning an Exquisite RC of Lebron is great but at what cost?

Siguro, what we can do is to set a certain multiplier if you are a member of the group, this way, if you plan to trade well and good but if you plan to pay in cash, use the multiplier, this way, its fair to both parties involve. Think beckett is still the best way to go as a price guide rather than an estimation using a post or two on ebay.

Just a thought guys...

By the way, EX is the last issue for the month of March, For April, its Topps Triple Treads (Mahal ito, grabe), and UD Signatures. Trilogy and Topps Sterling might be out as well...

Siguro, what we can do is to set a certain multiplier if you are a member of the group, this way, if you plan to trade well and good but if you plan to pay in cash, use the multiplier, this way, its fair to both parties involve. Think beckett is still the best way to go as a price guide rather than an estimation using a post or two on ebay.

This is what im trying to say sir vertu, we got to have or own standards/pricing on our cards for members. Para naman we can help each other in this simple way, so everyone can keep up. Para walang ring TAGAAN sa price ng mga cards. Also if your buying cards for non members, for example, is if your having doubt of buying the card/s becoz you think its a little bit expensive, and its not worth a penny, we can consult members who can identify cards regarding price and condition. Now that im all fired up again... man... i bid all the cards i can get my hands on on ebay. hehehe!

yung mga bagong EX kelan po dadating sa VMALL para i sale..?? san po ba mas madami sa VMALL, ashcreek or JAE ..??

Nauunang lagyan usually ang VMall bago ang JAE.. As I have said, in my previous post, EX is already available in VMall yesterday (3/20), and might be available in JAE (Megamall) by Thursday or Friday.. I think the amount of cards placed on the two shops are almost of the same quantity.. :)

For the collectors, ASHCREEK is already closed. The only stores that are open are Vmall and JAE in Megamall. There are a bit more cards in VMall. Mas madami kasi pumupunta doon.

Cross, i will have to talk to my partner din about the standard pricing for members, another alternative is that we may give a certain fixed discount if you are a member of this thread.

As for buy / sell, as early as now, i have to reiterate that we only sell cards and don't buy from any local collector, as a rule of thumb, the only cards that we sell sa stores are those that we open from cases. This way, we protect the quality of the cards we sell.

ross, i will have to talk to my partner din about the standard pricing for members, another alternative is that we may give a certain fixed discount if you are a member of this thread.

As for buy / sell, as early as now, i have to reiterate that we only sell cards and don't buy from any local collector, as a rule of thumb, the only cards that we sell sa stores are those that we open from cases. This way, we protect the quality of the cards we sell.

NICE!

Edited by cross215
Hi guys. just want to share my latest acquisition. This is one of those cards that I wished I had when I stopped collecting back when Clyde Retired. In fact, I haven't seen one until that fateful day when I bidded on this card. Its BV is $125. Just glad to have this card. Yes!!!

Very nice card clyde! How much did you win that for in ebay? And how long did you wait for it to arrive?

Regarding the group or club being formed, i hope vertu's group can also maybe prioritize members who collect a certain player. For example, clyde and myself. Whenever they open cases, maybe they can set aside the Malones and Drexlers and have them temporarily reserved for us for a certain time. Then if the member deem that its too expensive for his budget then it can be sold to everyone via the stores. This is just a suggestion. The club would keep a database of every member and who that member collects. That way, collectors who collect a certain player would have an easier time keeping up with the cards being released.

Anyway, keep the suggestions coming guys!

F.T.L.O.C

For The Love Of Cardboard!

Very nice card clyde! How much did you win that for in ebay? And how long did you wait for it to arrive?

Regarding the group or club being formed, i hope vertu's group can also maybe prioritize members who collect a certain player. For example, clyde and myself. Whenever they open cases, maybe they can set aside the Malones and Drexlers and have them temporarily reserved for us for a certain time. Then if the member deem that its too expensive for his budget then it can be sold to everyone via the stores. This is just a suggestion. The club would keep a database of every member and who that member collects. That way, collectors who collect a certain player would have an easier time keeping up with the cards being released.

Anyway, keep the suggestions coming guys!

F.T.L.O.C

For The Love Of Cardboard!

dude i like your proposition :mtc: !!! and i hope the discounts for the members here will also push through!!

Right on Styx!

Global priority shipping is $6. It usually arrives 4-6 days at teh post office and usually it takes another 1-4 days for the postman to deliver depending on the amount of mail they have I think.

I won the bid for only $47 including shipping!!! Comes out only at x20! Now does a steal! hehehe

Right on Styx!

Global priority shipping is $6. It usually arrives 4-6 days at teh post office and usually it takes another 1-4 days for the postman to deliver depending on the amount of mail they have I think.

I won the bid for only $47 including shipping!!! Comes out only at x20! Now that's a steal! hehehe

Guys,

We will still put the cards in the store. But like what styx suggested, we may put them on hold for a day or two for you. We can only hold 1 player per member. This is to avoid problems with other customers. Example, will hold the drexler card for cylde drexler for a day, max two. I still have to find out the fix discount that we would give. And as styx said, if its too steep then thats the time we will sell them in the store.

Unfortunately, i cannot grant access to case openings. I will have problems with my partner if i do. Hope you guys understand.

Guys,

We will still put the cards in the store. But like what styx suggested, we may put them on hold for a day or two for you. We can only hold 1 player per member. This is to avoid problems with other customers. Example, will hold the drexler card for cylde drexler for a day, max two. I still have to find out the fix discount that we would give. And as styx said, if its too steep then thats the time we will sell them in the store.

Unfortunately, i cannot grant access to case openings. I will have problems with my partner if i do. Hope you guys understand.

Hi! If this goes thru can I join in on this? I collect Hakeem Olajuwon, although i'm not sure that my bidget would be as large as some of the other members here... :) thanks!

Guys,

Hi Vertu,

Do you still have couple of 86-87 Fleer Rc's. Need ko lahat ng mga Chris Mullin lang. Tapos if ever you have new Jalen Rose autographs na makuha. I already got the new EX auto nya.

PM me nalang.

Thanks.

:D