Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

Just a thought...maybe vertu would want to hold a collectors meeting or something. You know we'll bring all our cards and just try to know who collects who and who knows we can all help each other keep the hobby alive!

So what do you think vertu? No pressure though. hehehe I mean it would be fun I guess. Collectors to collectors, big ones, small ones, veterans, novice. It would be a great time to you know just share what we have.

There might be some issue with security...I mean there might be a crazed collector who would want to kidnap vertu in exchange for his collection but wouldn't it be nice for us to experience seeing those cases being opened? maybe we can just be behind a fiberglass window or something while you guys open those cases hahaha. Just kidding.

Anyway, it sreally fun hearing from all your reports Revi. Thanks for giving us that insider feel and report on what is going on and updating us with the pulls. Jus one request though..hopefully you can PM me for any Clyde Drexler that you pull. ok? hehehe

I recently took a picture of his recent pull.. The Vince Carter SPX Flashback Fabrics Autographed 1 of 1.. I also included two Chris Paul Exqusite RC's (the price of the Chris Paul Exquisite is listed at $3200).. and a dual autographed patches of Bird and Kareem #d 33 of 33.. Another 1 of 1..

As Edward said: Simply Amazing!!! :cool:

post-75683-1172557764.jpg

:P

Anyway, it sreally fun hearing from all your reports Revi. Thanks for giving us that insider feel and report on what is going on and updating us with the pulls. Jus one request though..hopefully you can PM me for any Clyde Drexler that you pull. ok? hehehe

Sure, clyde.. No problem, dude..

Topps Thiple Threads is coming.. Let us see what Topps would offer in this release.. :)

Hey Rev! thanks for posting those mouth-watering pics of Gobio/Vertu's ultimately exquisite collection. maybe if you come to see his collections again maybe you'll come across a mailman auto! help me in my search for my unicorn. hehehe...thanks again revi! keep us alive Gobio! you're our idol!

Thanks for all your kind words. Well, i am planning a card convention to be held sometime this year or early next year here in Manila. I know this has been done before, a few years back. But i am trying to contact collectors and hobbyist from all over Asia to come over and showcase what they have.

I'm talking to my supplier as well if they could sell items during the convention. It's a dream of mine to have a real card convention to be held here in our country. Di naman tayo dukha and 3rd world as some US collectors perceive us to be.

Revi and i will continue to show parts of what i have collected over the years. Di sa nagyayabang but for all to enjoy. Yup, i've pulled all of them out of packs but i did buy 2 or 3 cards for my collection.

I seldom go to our stores in greenhills and mega but i do pass by galle from time to time. Hope to meet you fellow collectors.

Thanks for all your kind words. Well, i am planning a card convention to be held sometime this year or early next year here in Manila. I know this has been done before, a few years back. But i am trying to contact collectors and hobbyist from all over Asia to come over and showcase what they have.

I'm talking to my supplier as well if they could sell items during the convention. It's a dream of mine to have a real card convention to be held here in our country. Di naman tayo dukha and 3rd world as some US collectors perceive us to be.

Revi and i will continue to show parts of what i have collected over the years. Di sa nagyayabang but for all to enjoy. Yup, i've pulled all of them out of packs but i did buy 2 or 3 cards for my collection.

I seldom go to our stores in greenhills and mega but i do pass by galle from time to time. Hope to meet you fellow collectors.

The card convention in Manila would be great. Sana matuloy yan! :cool:

Look at the featured News at Yahoo tonight!

Baseball Card sells for record $2.3 Million

IMO, Vertu's collections could break that record in the future!!! Who knows?!? :P

Hey Rev! thanks for posting those mouth-watering pics of Gobio/Vertu's ultimately exquisite collection. maybe if you come to see his collections again maybe you'll come across a mailman auto! help me in my search for my unicorn. hehehe...thanks again revi! keep us alive Gobio! you're our idol!

.. which reminds me, I have not seen any Karl Malone autographs for quite some time now.. Only old releases are proliferating the secondary market.. I have his 97-98 sign of the times but unforutately its not for sale..

Well, I will sure be PM'ing if ever I come across any autograph of his that is for sale.. :P

Thanks Revi!

Vertu, I don't know how is this possible but I know that you're opening cases and I hope you can help us with our collections as well. Whether tough to pull memorabilias or simply just ordinary cards that can help our collections it would greatly be appreciated.

I can't help think that others who are in the buying and selling trade often get to have first access on those cards before we do. I know it would be a great hassle for you to even be taking care of this stuff because I know you have other people doing that. But hope we could find a great way to help serious collectors have access to your cards. It would definitely help our pockets as well if we can cut down on those few bucks added by the sellers. Thanks

Edited by clydedrexler

I do hope so too na matuloy. It will take a lot of effort and manpower plus capital to make it a reality.

SPx is out na in both stores. More to come this week. Will have more Full Court and SPx.

Triple Threads and Chrome by next week (sana).

Lets keep the hobby alive...

Unfortunately, i really cannot just give it straight to any collector as that would be like giving favortism. I don't do this alone, as Revi knows i have a partner who manages our day to day operations. I basically do the procurement of the cards. We both do the opening together.

As you know, the odds of getting very good cards whether numbered or not is quite slim. Marami dyan wont even cover the cost of the cases i bring in. I still have to cover my cost. Basically, our prices in the stores are very reasonable, i know its unfortunate na maraming "smackers" that may overprice certain players especially if its scarce or alam nila you collect them. I myself was smacked a few years back when i was starting up my jordan collection.

The best i could do now really is to give you guys a heads up on when we would crack cases and when they would be displayed para mauna kayo. Other than that i may have a problem with my partner and best friend. Alam ni Revi yan.

As for low numbered cards, i really sell them sa ebay on attyball23 kasi rarely could i really get a good price for rare cards dito coz of our low multiplier. Ayaw ko din naman malugi.

Its really hard to balance between being a collector and a businessman.

Revi, I know this may sound stupid but may i ask what are the names of Vertu's stores and where are they located? Sorry for this question guys.

No problem, styx..

Vertu has one store in Virra Mall in Greenhills, 2nd floor.. Near Toy Kingdom.. Doon sa mga pasilyo.. It has no name but just look around.. The store also carries Magic cards, World Of Warcraft and other gaming stuff..

The second store is in Megamall.. Near Ace Hardware, Basement.. The name is JAE Collectibles..

---

Our group recently opened 6 cases of SPX, 2 cases of Topps Full Court and a case of Press Pass Legends.. They would probably be on display (for sale) in the abovementioned stores within the week.. Kakapagod but the experience is worth it.. :cool:

We got several good autographs and dual autographs from Full Court - Adam Morrison/Larry Bird, Shaquille O' Neal #d to 32, Earl Monroe #d to 15, Allen Iverson/Maurice Cheeks, Manute Bol (a very rare find).. Madami pa..

In the SPx.. We got two Randy Foye RCs.. a David Robinson SPXcitement autograph #d to 10, and a Kirk Hinrich SPXcitement Autograph #d to 10..

Press Pass Legends.. We got a Naismith Autograph of David Robinson, a Larry Bird autograph, 2 Jojo White (Red) Autographs.. Sidney Moncrief Printing Plate 1 of 1.. (@clydedrexler: May mga nakita akong Drexler autos.. punta ka sa store ni Vertu anytime soon, ha? ;) )

Guys, just visit the stores and check the e-bay items under the name of attyball23 (siguro mga next week ito sa e-bay)... Hopefully, today meron ng displays.. Or sa Friday.. Mahirap din kasing i-sort-out and cards.. It takes time to put price tags on the cards, as well.. Abang-abangan niyo na lang..

---

I shall be posting more pictures of Vertu's collection for all our enjoyment.. Abangan niyo na lang din ang mga ito.. :cool:

Parang na-encourage ako mag bukas ng cases...

Magkakano ba ang mga case? Yung pinakamura (wag Exquisite)... Yayain ko si dreamshocker mag bukas minsan, baka hindi ko kayanin solo ang presyo hehe.... :lol:

Vertu or Revi:

Meron pa ba available sa store old boxes year 1999 or older? :P

Edited by • dShock •

Dshock,

Depends on the type of issue. Pinakamura is this year's fleer wherein you have the chance to get a jordan buyback and autographics. A case is Php 32,000. 12 boxes with 36 packs in each box.

As for older boxes, puede tayo mag-order. The most expensive available is the 86-87 fleer box (jordan's rookie year) going cost is $11,000 a box.

If your interested in any sealed box or case, i'll try to find it for you.

Dshock,

Depends on the type of issue. Pinakamura is this year's fleer wherein you have the chance to get a jordan buyback and autographics. A case is Php 32,000. 12 boxes with 36 packs in each box.

As for older boxes, puede tayo mag-order. The most expensive available is the 86-87 fleer box (jordan's rookie year) going cost is $11,000 a box.

If your interested in any sealed box or case, i'll try to find it for you.

Ehem... Para akong nabilaukan sa presyo!!! :lol: Hindi ko kakayanin yan hehe!!! :thumbsdownsmiley:

I'm interested on the older boxes, Mag-isip muna ako kung anong old boxes na maganda... B)

Thanks a lot Vertu! :cool: