Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

^LoL...

Thanks gobio. B)

I'm also planning to collect a new player starting next season. Malamang kasi mag retire na si GHill by the end of this season... My choices are Greg Oden or Kevin Durant. But most probably I'll go for Greg Oden. In my opinion, he is more of a complete player than KD, but I agree both players will make it big in the league. :cool:

I haven't seen Kevin Durant play kaya medyo naiintriga ako hehe.. Pero mas sobra ang hype ni OJ Mayo e parang Lebron hehe.. Confirmed na ba na me exquisite this year? My exquisite wish is to have Dirk Nash dual exquisite auto patch!! :boo: uubusin ko sahod ko dun hehehehe

Ok lang kahit wala mukang walang exciting rookie this year. I think this is the worst rookie crop since 2001 (#2 pick Swift,#3 Miles, #4 Fizer ) I'm sure that if you invested a lot of money on that rookie class then probably you wish you can turn back time and save your money instead hehe

Guys, what do u think of Amare? Will he fully returned to his old "monster" form? hehe.. I missed the days where he usually 30 points a game.. Lalo na ung block niya kay Duncan nung playoffs hehe I'm sure naaalala mo un no revi hehehe Astig!! game winning block :cool:

I haven't seen Kevin Durant play kaya medyo naiintriga ako hehe.. Pero mas sobra ang hype ni OJ Mayo e parang Lebron hehe.. Confirmed na ba na me exquisite this year? My exquisite wish is to have Dirk Nash dual exquisite auto patch!! :boo: uubusin ko sahod ko dun hehehehe

Ok lang kahit wala mukang walang exciting rookie this year. I think this is the worst rookie crop since 2001 (#2 pick Swift,#3 Miles, #4 Fizer ) I'm sure that if you invested a lot of money on that rookie class then probably you wish you can turn back time and save your money instead hehe

Guys, what do u think of Amare? Will he fully returned to his old "monster" form? hehe.. I missed the days where he usually 30 points a game.. Lalo na ung block niya kay Duncan nung playoffs hehe I'm sure naaalala mo un no revi hehehe Astig!! game winning block :cool:

^^ batch 2000 pala.. not 01.

@all: Ang dami naman interesado na kay Durant.. Baka magkaubusan ng cards niyan next year.. bwehehe!!! :lol:

@pau_gasol: The Duncan Finest Moments Refractors (the one that you like) is now down at $225.. It came down two months ago.. Its funny that when you posted the pic it was still $300 and somebody was offering me that same card for P12K.. Buti na lang di ko kinuha coz now its down to just P8K++.. Sabi ko kasi sa mga smackers overpriced sa Beckett yan eh..

Re: the Rookie Crop this year.. I would say that its similar to the Pau Gasol rookie crop.. Its not as lame as that of Mike Miller's rookie season coz we still have Brandon Roy.. There are flashes that Randy Foye (if given minutes) can perform.. Bargnani is a good prospect (can shoot, slash and dominate the inside - only lacks the behind to the basket plays).. Paul Millsap seems to be a good back-up to Okur and Boozer and Sloan likes him..

Dun kasi sa Kenyon Martin rookie season.. talagang almost walang ginawa yung mga big names ng draft like Fizer, Stromile Swift, Courtney Alexander, Mateen Cleaves..

Sabi nga sa isang thread na napasukan ko.. that if Adam Morrison wins the ROY then this draft is as lame as the batch of Kenyon Martin.. But it looks like Brandon Roy is the #1 choice and not Morrison.. So there, hindi siya kamukha ng 2001 batch.. hehe!!!

Re: Amare.. He is shaping up to be a dominant force inside.. But why is his cards not on fire? Have an idea as to why? One name: Steve Nash.. Critics have stated that Amare won't be having a monster season if not for Nash.. Nash dominates the passing lanes, and this is what Amare needs.. He thrives on the open lanes where he could dunk the ball.. Kaya ang ibang tao iniisip na kung wala si Mr. Nashty sa Suns, hindi kakayanin ni Stoudemire to lift the team on his bare shoulders..

Well, let us see if this trend would continue.. Coz its not impossible for the Suns to win the crown this season.. Once they do, expect Amare's RCs to go up, up and away.. :)

@revi hehe bumaba na pala ung TD auto na yun.. may magaling din pala sa 2000 rookie class si Michael Redd hehe

@kupalking sa tingin ko barnagni will be a decent player but not superstar player like dirk. maganda nga stats nya compare kay dirk nung rookie niya pero nung 2nd season ni dirk nag 18ppg na siya e.. so malaki ang improvement.. siya na kaya ang next dirk?? ganyan din sinabi nila kay tskitishvili, darko,nachbar hehe

@kupalking sa tingin ko barnagni will be a decent player but not superstar player like dirk. maganda nga stats nya compare kay dirk nung rookie niya pero nung 2nd season ni dirk nag 18ppg na siya e.. so malaki ang improvement.. siya na kaya ang next dirk?? ganyan din sinabi nila kay tskitishvili, darko,nachbar hehe

Honestly, Skeeta, Darko, Nachbar were not really given much playing time at the start of their resepective careers.. Skeeta in all honestly is really a disappointment.. Asan na ba si Skeeta ngayon? Maglalaro sa PBA? bwehehehe!!! Right now, Darko and Nachbar are not really creating much impact in Orlando and Houston, respectively.. At the start, these players did not show anything but upside.. Bargnani was not even hyped up even though he was a #1 pick.. A lot of people thought that the Raps were crazy going after him than Aldridge, or T-Time..

Going back to the topic, Bargnani can be compared to Dirk.. Dirk even said that Bargnani is having a better rookie year than what he had.. A lot of critics also said that the Mavs were crazy for giving up Tractor Traylor over Dirk.. Guess they were wrong.. So, in this sense, there is no guarantee that Bargnani will be superstar material much like Dirk was.. We would never know.. But at this point, he can definitely light it up offensively and is still very young..

He is averaging around 10-12 a night in just under 20 mins of play.. I think that Bargnani and Bosh will carry the Raps, in the future..

Card-wise, his cards are selling well.. I just saw a $40 card in Beckett go overbook yesterday.. It finished at $51++.. Much like Brandon Roy, Bargnani's cards are going overbook..

@Pau Gasol,

Honestly not sure pa if UD will release the Exquisite this year as there is no official word yet. But then again, this has been their bread and butter the past 3 years. I'm sure they will again release it this year.

Madami pa lalabas na issue this year. Release na sa Thursday ang 3ple Treads of Topps and UD SPx. Next week, Ex should be out na together with Topps Chrome.

This year may not be spectacular as the past 3 years and that of next year. Though this class will provide us with good quality role players but no true superstars in the mold of Howard, Paul or Lebron.

In my opinion, OJ Mayo will be a an excellent player at 6'6 but i think at this early stage he is quite overrated already. He has already the fame in his head unlike Lebron who never took the limelight so seriously. But lets see.. He is still a kid and he still has to play one year of college ball.... Before he sets his sights on the NBA..

Welcome chrisbangiz!

There was a time when I also thought about collecting another player other than my first love (clyde Drexler of course!). In fact, when Clyde retired It crossed my mind collecting Ray Allen cards but I guess I got the hump of you know focusing on another player. I'm more inclined to collecting two guards...But anyway, I think I will be a Clyde forever fan hehehe. He's just one of a kind. very humble and talented player. A class act. Don't think I can find similar traits among the new and upcoming superstars. He was just a complete all around player in and out the court. Great guy! Hope to meet him someday you'll never know hehehe

Pushing thread up..

Wanna share an item I got from e-bay (from attyball23's auctions :) ).. Its from the new Press Pass Legends.. This is a Wes Unseld autographed card.. But instead of his whole name, you can see that he only inscribed "Big Wes.." :cool: I have not seen a card similar to my card in the bay.. Usually Mr. Unseld signed his whole name.. This might be a rare card.. There are reports that some inscriptions may be numbered to 1.. :D Sana makatsamba ako.. Well, in any case, the card is kinda pricey, coz I got it for $27.........

post-75683-1171519536.jpg

Just want to share my latest acquisition:

0506 Ultimate Collection Jersey Silver #99 Drexler

0506 Ultimate Collection Jersey Gold #25 Drexler

0607 SP GAme Used Jersey Dual #100 Drexler/Olajuwon

0607 Topps Pride of the Program Triple Jersey Ming/TMac/Drexler

98 SP Authentic buyback Auto Drexler.

I'm still waiting for my 0405 Ultimate Collection Patch #100. Hope it arrives soon enough. It's been a fulfilling week. hehehe

LAst night I just went through my cards and arranged the cards accordingly adding the new acquisitions. I love this hobby!

By the way, I have three Drexler autographs that I'm willing to trade because these are duplicates. Interested just text me 09228200731:

0405 Ultimate Collection Signatures Drexler $40

0506 Upper Deck Sweet Shot Auto Drexler $50

0506 Topps Style fan Auto Drexler $40

By the way, Revi do you need the Bowman Elevation Rookie Writing Auto of Shelden Williams Gold auto #29? $50. Let me know

Just want to share my latest acquisition:

0506 Ultimate Collection Jersey Silver #99 Drexler

0506 Ultimate Collection Jersey Gold #25 Drexler

0607 SP GAme Used Jersey Dual #100 Drexler/Olajuwon

0607 Topps Pride of the Program Triple Jersey Ming/TMac/Drexler

98 SP Authentic buyback Auto Drexler.

I'm still waiting for my 0405 Ultimate Collection Patch #100. Hope it arrives soon enough. It's been a fulfilling week. hehehe

LAst night I just went through my cards and arranged the cards accordingly adding the new acquisitions. I love this hobby!

By the way, I have three Drexler autographs that I'm willing to trade because these are duplicates. Interested just text me 0922*******:

0405 Ultimate Collection Signatures Drexler $40

0506 Upper Deck Sweet Shot Auto Drexler $50

0506 Topps Style fan Auto Drexler $40

*no posting of contact #s

Edited by bubuy
Tumaas pala ang 96-97 Autographics ni GHill, from $75 to $100. :cool:

But his Emerald Autograph went down from $200 to $160. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Where did you get the prices, pare? Is the new Beckett out? Or is this from beckett online?

In anycase, that is still okay.. The Emerald Autograph will always be the better release and will always command top dollar, IMO.. Why? Nagkalat ang 96-97 Autographics.. The 97-98 and the 98-99 Autographics are tougher to find than the 96-97, that I can attest to.. You still got the best card of all the GH33 autos, IMO, pare.. :cool: