Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

Wow its noce to know na marami rami pa din pala ang nag collect ng NBA Cards... i use to collect NBA Cards when i was at High School (1996) i even had a rookie card of Gary Payton because whenever may mga lumang card packs na binebenta sa cartimar bumibili ako and luckily i was able to get that Gary Payton Rookie Card hehehe... kaso i have to sell it ayun T_T bb. Pero all thats left with me up to now are my Antoine Walker RCs and Inserts na nag diminish ang prices ng tuloy tuloy >_< and i regret the decision of giving up my Allen Iverson and Tim Duncan RC, College and Inserts for that Grrrrr.. anyways thats part of life.... Hehehe.... Keep up the hobby guys :cool:

@CaraSlayer: Alam mo siguro more than half and pagkabawas ng mga NBA cardboard collectors dito sa atin.. The high pack prices and the devaluation really killed this hobby here.. If you back read a little bit you would see some of the discussions here.. Collectors nowadays rely on e-bay to get some cards and to make profit.. And also rely on that someone who opens at least Php30M worth of packs/boxes/cases of cards per NBA season and sells them either in e-bay or in his shops..

@Dshock: Are you getting the Blue (Century Mark) Grant Hill 96-97 Autographics that carljho (ebay seller from the PI) is offering? :)

revi tumaas na ba cards ni AI sa beckett mula nung na trade siya o wala pagbabago, kasi mukang puros talo padin denver eh

No changes on AI's cards on the new Beckett..

Just for discussion purposes, I saw in Beckett that the Finest Moment Refractor Autograph of Tim Duncan went down from $300-225.. :D As I have said in this thread before, overpriced ang autograph issue na ito eh.. And the smackers are selling this to me at Php12-15K? hehe!!! At X40, Php9K na lang ito ngayon.. Good thing Beckett adjusted the price of this card.. Kung sino man ang may-ari ng card na yan ngayon.. lugi na siya!!! bwehehehe!!!

Revi where can I buy an annual issue of beckett? Yung mga cards ko kasi wala na sa monthly issues. Thanks.

Yan ang hindi ko alam.. I also want to get an annual but wala akong mahanap.. Nakikibasa lang ako sa isang shop.. Nakuha daw nila yun per order sa States.. Meron ding isa pang quarterly issue ang Beckett.. Beckett Plus.. Available ito kay Pete's Toy Shop dati sa Greenhills.. But I think Pete's Toy Shop already closed shop.. Ewan ko kung saan pa pwede nito kumuha ngayon.. Try to ask the salesladies at Courtside Galleria.. Baka pwede umorder sa kanila..

beckett plus is bi-monthly not quarterly. actually one option for us guys if we subscribe for one year but we divide the price. That way we can get the six copies in a year. If there are 3 (2 copies each) or 6 (one copy each) of us then it will lessen the cost. Right now the offer is I think $29.99 + $15 for international subscribers. so about $45 for 6 issues not bad only about P368 pesos per copy. We can take turns getting a copy each. and since one of us would obviously have the updated copy then we can have something to inquire to. What do you think?

Unless Revi would subscribe by himself and share to us the info in beckett plus once in a while. we just post our questions concerning the price of the cards and master revi can give us the info hehehe

I have long been wanting to have a copy of beckett plus. I've meet a guy who said that sometimes back issues of beckett plus can be found in Book Sale. Been to numerous branches but didn't find any. Well, maybe some of you might chance upon some copies so go and browse through those magazines!

Heard that he got it at SM San Lazaro once or heard someone saying that he found one at SM fairview (Book Sale).

@clydedrexler: My bad.. I thought Beckett Plus were quarterly issues.. I have one Plus but that was eons back (from a book sale branch).. I still have the copy for reference purposes na lang.. But subscribing to Beckett is out of the question.. Mahal!!! I think I could still get copies from the owner of Pete's Toyshop.. Kaso ayoko.. Mahal ang Plus eh.. P700 sa kanya.. I'd rather get back issues sana.. Much like you, I have gone to Book Sales and stuff.. But I haven't found any.. Tuff Stuff na lang sana.. Kaso wala din..

I recently got a tuff stuff magazine but the pricing are quite different from beckett. And I also got the tuff stuff monthly so wala rin masyadong listing.

About the subscription, it will not be expensive as I mentioned if we divided the subscription fees among ourselves. If we can have 6 persons then it will only about to about 350 per issue including shipping na! I cecked again and the promo is $24.99 = $14.99 shipping so just about $40 for a one year subscription (six copies). Maybe dreamshocker, kupalking, you, me and other interested persons can chip in and viola! we have basketball plus hehehe

Bump!

Was able to buy some autographed cards this week.. Press Pass Legends Autographs.. I spent around Php3,100 for them.. Will post pictures maybe tomorrow.. Among the Autos are: Dan Issel, Jo Jo White, Larry Nance, Kenny The Jet Smith.. all pictured in their college unis.. I needed Issel auto badly.. And I could not be more than happy.. :)

hi guys! ive been reading this thread since last week and it was fun reading about your collections, steals from ebay and trades. anyway, it was nice to look back to the days when cardboards where the hottest things in the planet! not to mention when pack prices where very manageable that you can skip lunch and merienda to be able to buy a pack. anyway, i was just wondering if any of you guys can send me listings of cards that you are selling. old stars (80s and 90s) and new stars. i just want to try getting new cards in hopes of fully being able to go back to the hobby. Thanks guys. By the way, I have a friend who's looking for a Karl Malone auto. Any idea on who's selling one? (Sir Revi, u might have an extra.) Thanks again!

hi guys! ive been reading this thread since last week and it was fun reading about your collections, steals from ebay and trades. anyway, it was nice to look back to the days when cardboards where the hottest things in the planet! not to mention when pack prices where very manageable that you can skip lunch and merienda to be able to buy a pack. anyway, i was just wondering if any of you guys can send me listings of cards that you are selling. old stars (80s and 90s) and new stars. i just want to try getting new cards in hopes of fully being able to go back to the hobby. Thanks guys. By the way, I have a friend who's looking for a Karl Malone auto. Any idea on who's selling one? (Sir Revi, u might have an extra.) Thanks again!

Sorry bro.. Wala akong extra na Karl Malone auto eh.. :)

@Dshock: Are you getting the Blue (Century Mark) Grant Hill 96-97 Autographics that carljho (ebay seller from the PI) is offering? :)

I wasn't able to bid on that item, my DSL is down for 2 weeks. :grr: Kaninang umaga lang nagawa kaya hindi ako masyado naka online.

Revi where can I buy an annual issue of beckett? Yung mga cards ko kasi wala na sa monthly issues. Thanks.

The last time I went to Courtside at Robinson's Place Malate (2 weeks ago), there are several copies for sale at 2K each.

@revi & clyde

I was thinking of getting a 6-month subscription at Beckett Online for $26.99. Para sa akin mas madali kasi mag browse, you can search by player's name or by set, halos kumpleto din naman ang listing... Ano ba meron sa Plus? Hindi pa kasi ako nakahawak ng Plus. :D Dati kasi Monthly Beckett Issue lang ang ginagamit ko tas Xerox pa. :D

shock, beckett plus is basically like the monthly issue except that it is much more comprehensive. It lists basically all the inserts and cards in a particular brand and year so its really good. I mean beckett online is cool but you know, having a hardcopy is a lot more convenient and maybe practical as well. besides, It won't really cost us that much. only about 370 each (if 6 of us will contribute and subscribe).

styx, good for you to drop by. As with your request, do you have particular players that you are looking for? I mean you're looking for any star player (legends and currently playing)?

shock also I think the one you asked about at Robinson Malate that cost 2k was the beckett annual. Anyway, hope we all can get hold of those bimonthly or annual beckett (I think this is not as practical, at least in the bi monthly we can still see the ups and downs of the prices once every two months).

I just won a bid on a 0405 Ultiamte collection patch just #100. I'm so excited to get hold of it. Hope it arrives (from US). This will be my first Drexler patch! hehehe

Edited by clydedrexler

@DShock: Ngayon lang ba nag-up yung connection mo? Nakatipid ka pare? Dahil hindi ka naka-bid :) Kidding aside, sayang kasi ang daming nag-offer ng old Grant Hill stuff for the past week sa e-bay.. Puros Filipino sellers pa.. Yung mga old jerseys ni Hill..

Well, I lost on a Duncan RC Rave from Z Force.. $50.. My max bid was at $16.. Natapos ng $16.51.. Inisnipe ako.. :grr: Did not have the time to check on it coz natapos ito ng 11AM today.. Tulog pa ako nun.. bwehehe!!! :boo: Kainis!!! Kasi nakikipagtalo sa akin yung seller na $100 daw yun.. Eh $50 lang ito sa lumang Beckett Plus pa.. Gusto yata kunin ko sa P2-2,5K.. Taena kasi puros smacker mga tao dito eh.. Bwisit talaga!!!

As I have promised here are some of the new autographs I was able to purchase..

Most notables are: Sam Perkins, Jojo White, Dan Issel and AC Green.. :P Php 380 per card ang bili ko sa mga ito kung susumahin niyo.. Not bad!!! :cool:

post-75683-1170743124.jpg

@DShock: Ngayon lang ba nag-up yung connection mo? Nakatipid ka pare? Dahil hindi ka naka-bid :) Kidding aside, sayang kasi ang daming nag-offer ng old Grant Hill stuff for the past week sa e-bay.. Puros Filipino sellers pa.. Yung mga old jerseys ni Hill..

Kahapon nag-up ang connection ko. Badtrip nga yung pldt, araw araw ko ng tinatawagan kahapon lang nagpunta. :grr:

Inabutan ko pa yung mga jersey ni carljho kaso ang tataas na nung nakita ko kaya hindi na ako nag bid. Yung 98-99 UD Game Jersey ended at $71, last month may ganyang item $46 lang natapos.

Ito check nyo, last month din ito sa e-bay, 97-98 4 Colors GJ, naglaway ako dito hehe. Ang mahal sobra nito natapos ($266.77), hindi ako nag-bid dito dahil alam ko hindi ako mananalo.... :D

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/Aubrey0927/97-98UDGameJerseyPatchGJ22.jpg

@revi

Redemption ba yung 06-07 Upper Deck Black Quad Jersey #/99 ? Meron na ba price ito sa bagong Beckett? Ang dami kasi nagkalat sa Ebay ngayon sabi by redemption daw ito???

Nice Auto's you got there revi. :cool: Minsan parang gusto ko na din mag collect ng Autos dahil sa mga pinapakita mo eh.... :D

@DShock: Sobrang taas nga na natatapos ang mga items from the Philippines.. I think because of attyball23, there are a lot of foreigners who really see that Philippine sellers are legit.. There was a Garbajosa RC from Hot Prospects that ended at $20++ from gelodartist's lists.. That's sick!!! Ang tantsa ko.. lalabas lang sa Beckett ng $15-20 lang yan eh.. Ano yun above book kinuha?

Isa lang ang masasabi ko sa Grant Hill 97-98 Jersey na pinakita mo sa amin, ASTIG!!! Bihira yan ha? Marami yung single white color but 4 colors? Sick, man.. Talagang matatapos yan ng mataas.. Kahit hindi ka nag-hi-Hill, mapapabid ka eh.. :D

Re: UD Black Jerseys/Autos.. These are all redemptions.. UD Black is the newest redemption program from Upper Deck.. These redemption cards are inserted in some of the UD products that were released last year.. like UD Rookie Debut (seeded at one per case) and UD Hardcourt (seeded at one per box).. Bale makukuha mo yung card na ito tapos ireredeem mo at hindi mo alam kung ano yung na-i-redeem mo until the pack is sent to you na naka-seal at buksan mo.. Gets mo ba, dre?

Yung ibang mga tao dito and sa abroad hoarded these redemption cards coz naka-advertise sa site ng UD Black na matitindi daw ang mga makukuha dito like quad patches, triple autographs.. After almost six months of waiting, lumabas na finally ang mga UD Blacks.. At karamihan ay nasunog, dahil marami pa lang puros jersey #d to 99 lang ang mga binigay.. Just imagine, paying for $50 per redemption and getting a Rasheed Wallace dual jersey #d to 99.. Sus! Tsambahan din naman kaso mas malaki chance na malugi ka..

Wala pa itong price sa bagong Beckett.. Wait until next month, mas madami pa lalabas na UD Blacks sa e-bay..

Yung Redemption ng UD Black may bayad ng $50? Malamang lugi ka talaga agad dyan... Swertihan pa kung ano makukuha mo.

Ang ibig kong sabihin ay usually mabibili mo itong redemption na ito for $40-50 before.. Tapos chambahan pa kung sino ang makukuha mong player.. I read from beckett.com (message boards) that there are some UD Blacks sent by Upper Deck to the Philippines that are being charged $50 as shipping fee/customs fee.. Ang nagsulat ay si mr.twentyone.. Para kang bumili ng 2 UD Blacks nun.. That sucks!!!

I also read in Beckett.com of a person who opened 12 packs of UD Black, all were jersey cards (commons #d to 99) at isang dual auto ni Brandon Roy at Allan Ray.. Luging lugi.. That is the reason why a lot of Americans just hate Upper Deck.. Sabi nga dun sa ibang messages ay dapat daw pumasok na ang Donruss, Leaf at ibang Baseball/Football card companies and join the Basketball Card bandwagon.. Kasi manipulated nga naman ng UD eh.. Coz they do have signed Jordan and Lebron to exclusive contracts..

The Slam Dunk Competition in the up and coming All Star Game has Gerald Green competing.. And it seems that he is the favorite to win it.. The question for the cardboard fanatics is: Will his stock rise after the event? Or will he fail and his cards plummet to obscurity? Hope he does well coz I have some cards of him.....

As a tribute to Mr. Green's hype.. Here are some of my Rookie Cards and a Rookie Auto for your viewing pleasure.. :blush:

1) SP Game Used RC #d 999 ($30)

2) Topps Pristine Jersey RC #d to 500 ($10)

3) UD Sweet Shot Level 1 RC #d 499 ($20)

4) Topps First Row RC #d 549 ($10)

5) SP Authentic Sensational Sigs Autographed ($25)

:cool:

post-75683-1170837427.jpg

Edited by revi