Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

revi bakit kaya ganun usually mga finest cards nag fefade kulay pag natagal na,except lang dun sa mga graded na nakita ko

Medyo faded ang pagka-scan ko sa mga Garnett cards ko (this is to make the pixels lesser, para mas madaling buksan sa mga naka-dial-up lang).. Its not that faded.. but my Jerry Stackhouse Finest has a better color than my Garnett and Stoudemire.. So, I have to agree with you na nag-fa-fade nga ang colors ng Finest, and actually even Chrome..

Mahirap i-store ang mga ito.. Dapat kung ididisplay mo dapat hindi well-lighted yung display cabinet para hindi mag-fade ang kulay.. Hindi yung grabe ang light.. Even autographs fade.. Tamang lighting ang pinakamaganda..

IMO, cards should be displayed and kept in cool and somewhat dark parts of your home.. Hindi yung directly na naka-spotlight yung ilaw or sunlight.. It would damage the color scheme of the card.. Sa binders hindi nasisira ang cards but its also subject to moist and can affect the surface and color of the card.. Much like my Garnett and Damon Finest RCs na medyo nag-fade ang kulay.. There are much more worse faded cards that I have seen than what I have.. My AI is also kinda faded, BTW.. Since I have noticed this, binago ko na ang display conditions nung mga cards ko..

Mabuti na lang I have kept my Topps Chrome Kobe RC in good storage plus I was able to display it in a nice/somewhat dark but can still be viewed display cabinet..

Share ko ito, I got this last week! :blush:

:) Very Nice Pick-up, DShock.. Yknow, I think I know your handle na in e-bay.. Sabi ko na nga ba ikaw yun eh.. Kasi I am thinking of bidding on a Grant Hill Autographics 97-98.. And I browsed sa mga names ng mga tiga-Philippines and checked on their bought items.. I saw some of the cards that were posted here before.. Sabi ko, siguro si DShock ito..

I also saw the GH33 Emerald Auto that you were able to get there.. Above $100 mo lang nakuha ito ah.. Okay na yun diba? $200 in Beckett!! Cheap pick-up!! Baka tumaas pa ito dahil nagsisitaasan ang mga Autographics niya eh..

BTW, I did not bid on the Hill 97-98 kasi nahiya ako sa iyo.. :hypocritesmiley: Even though I was not sure kung ikaw yun, I decided not to bid.. Mataas din naman natapos eh.. $63 yata or something.. $80 lang yata yung card na ito eh.. Mas okay pa din yung Emerald mo.. That is the most rare of the Hill Autos.. Congratulations pare!!!

i still have a couple of tim duncan and kevin garnett rookie card...

Tim Duncan? Ano ang mga ito.. I need his Finest Refractor, his Bowman's Atomic Refractor, SPX Sky, Silver and Gold, Topps Draft Pick Redemption.. At syempre yung mga numbered RCs niya like ZForce Rave, Super Rave, and Skybox Rubies, etc..

Rev, I have the spx gold its x2 ba? $16. need it?

Also, anyone knows the price of the Fleer basketball 24karat Gold plated cards? I think it was sold some 8-9 years back. Got some very good "legends" in that set. It was sold in a CD case. one card per CD case. Thanks!

How much is the Jordan? Drexler? Barkle? Olajuwon? Malone? Where to find the price for these?

Kevin Garnett's SPX Gold ba? Nope.. Don't need it.. Tama na yang mga KG RCs ko.. As long as I have his best Rookie card (Finest) okay na sa akin yun..

Its actually not 24K but 23K, clyde.. I have an old Tuff Stuff Magazine (2001).. The 23K Fleer Rookies were priced there.. I think the Drexler is valued at $35-40..

FYI.. There were 12 cards on this set, Jordan, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Olajuwon, Drexler, Rodman, Pippen, Kemp, Shaq, Penny and Grant Hill.. Prices (if I remember correctly) at that time per sealed CD case is at P750.. All cards are numbered to just 10,000.. There are variations, a holographic foil numbered to 100 and black numbered to 200..

Pictured below is my MJ 23K from the set.. Per Tuff Stuff, the Jordan is valued at $60.. A lady friend of mine opened a CD Case as a bday gift for her cousin.. When she saw that it was an MJ, she said that I could get it for the same price she bought it.. P750.. Sinamahan ko pa nga siya nung binili niya ito eh.. Right there and then, binigay na niya sa akin yung card.. Gift daw niya sa akin.. At that time ang bentahan sa Jordan ay siguro P1,500.. Crush siguro ako.. hehehe!!! :cool:

Included in the picture is the back of the CD Case..

post-75683-1169191362.jpg

Edited by revi
pa pc ng Fleer Rookie Sensations ni Kobe Bryant

$60 tol...

:) Very Nice Pick-up, DShock.. Yknow, I think I know your handle na in e-bay.. Sabi ko na nga ba ikaw yun eh.. Kasi I am thinking of bidding on a Grant Hill Autographics 97-98.. And I browsed sa mga names ng mga tiga-Philippines and checked on their bought items.. I saw some of the cards that were posted here before.. Sabi ko, siguro si DShock ito..

I also saw the GH33 Emerald Auto that you were able to get there.. Above $100 mo lang nakuha ito ah.. Okay na yun diba? $200 in Beckett!! Cheap pick-up!! Baka tumaas pa ito dahil nagsisitaasan ang mga Autographics niya eh..

BTW, I did not bid on the Hill 97-98 kasi nahiya ako sa iyo.. :hypocritesmiley: Even though I was not sure kung ikaw yun, I decided not to bid.. Mataas din naman natapos eh.. $63 yata or something.. $80 lang yata yung card na ito eh.. Mas okay pa din yung Emerald mo.. That is the most rare of the Hill Autos.. Congratulations pare!!!

Ako nga yung nasa isip mo revi. :lol: Yung ID ko doon baka palitan ko pa gusto ko kasi dShock kaya lang meron ng may-ari. Yung dShock short for dreamshocker, pero hindi na rin available sa E-bay. Si dreamshocker friend ko yan, nakuha namin yung ID na ito sa isang website (www.dreamshocker.com), mga 6-7 years ago yung nag aaral pa kami mag Macromedia Flash, astig kasi yung site na yun, dinevelop pure Flash nakakatuwa! :cool:

Nag bid ako ng $25 doon sa 97-98 Autographics, item ni mariegallostuff pero alam ko hindi mananalo masyado mababa. Pinalagpas ko yun kasi nag bi-bid din ako sa ibang item ni Hill during that time. 96-97 Blue Autographics, 97-98 Century Marks Autographics, at 97-98 Jambalaya. Puro talo naman ako sa bid, masyado matataas natapos. Nagkasabay-sabay nga puro rare, nataranta ako kung ano uunahin ko... Sayang yung Blue at CM Auto. :grr:

Sana nag bid ka, okay lang sa akin pare! Next time pag meron bid ka lang! :thumbsupsmiley:

does beckett has a list of the price for the 23k? Do you think the prices has remained unchanged until now? So the Jordan is $60 and the Drexler at $35.

DShock congrats on your recent find! Great Hill card you got there! May you be able to get more of those in the future. Hope I can get some new Drexler soon. I have not had any new acquisitions for over a month now. except for an auto that I was able to trade for but I already have.

does beckett has a list of the price for the 23k? Do you think the prices has remained unchanged until now? So the Jordan is $60 and the Drexler at $35.

DShock congrats on your recent find! Great Hill card you got there! May you be able to get more of those in the future. Hope I can get some new Drexler soon. I have not had any new acquisitions for over a month now. except for an auto that I was able to trade for but I already have.

I don't know if Beckett lists the prices for the 23K.. Try the annual.. But if DShock can't find it in Beckett.com, it might be unlisted in Beckett.. I have no idea if the 23K cards have increased in value but those cards are a little bit on the rare side.. Why? When this product came out, which was in 1997, Php750/per packs are considered expensive.. Nobody really opened a lot of these packs here.. So dito rare yan.. The Jordan might sell for X30-40 of its dollar value here..

I would assume that the values have stayed the same.. Or have increased a little bit.. Cards like these have not really been circulating a lot nowadays and with that reason, I would assume that the prices have stayed stable..

@Dshock: GH33 is making a serious comeback this season.. I have seen him really play good in a lot of games.. That is, if he is healthy.. Critics have been thinking that this is the last season for Grant Hill.. Maybe, that is the reason for the jump in prices for his autographs and some inserts.. Kasi last year, the 97-98 autographics finishes at around $35-40.. Namahalan pa nga ako nun.. Did not bid on it instead I took a gamble on a Joe Dumars from the same set..

IMO, e-bay prices for Hills would slowly go down and stabilize after this season.. But your Grant Hill Emerald for me was a cheap pick-up, its a very rare card kaya nga $200 ang price tag eh.. At the least the Emerald should be sold at $120++.. Kasi yung 96-97 and 97-98 Autographics kapag pumasok na sa $60++ sa ebay, mahal na yun para sa akin.. Tama lang na hindi mo muna kunin yung ibang autos.. Right timing lang yan!!! Again, congrats on the pick-up dre.. Ganda!!! :cool:

BTW, I've made several pick-ups today.. Some common numbered rookie cards from 07-08 SP Game Used, some Duncan inserts and numbered cards (#d to 50 only! :cool: ) from 07-08 Hot Prospects..

Was able to get some autographed cards as well.. all from Sweet Shot.. Attached are the pictures below:

1) Peja Stojakovic Autographed Sweet Spot.. Php1,200.. This card is inserted one per case from the 07-08 Sweet Shot.. Rare!!! And Peja signed the card on a baseball surfaced card.. Always wanted to have a card like this..

2) Quincy Douby Sweet Shot Autographed RC #d to 799.. P250.. Pwede na!!! Douby has been showing his offensive skills for Sacramento and might just be a surprise after the All Star break or for next season..

3) Hilton Armstrong Sweet Shot Autographed RC #d to 250.. P250.. Hilton Armstrong is being used by NOK Hornets together with Cedric Simmons.. I feel that Armstrong might be a steady player in the NBA in the future.. Rebounds wildly and has some offensive capabilities.. 12th pick overall

4) Marcus Williams Sweet Shot Autographed RC #d to 799.. P900.. Jason Kidd might just get traded anytime soon (rumors ito).. and Williams might just take his spot.. But even though Kidd is not moving, Williams has been a steady back-up for Kidd.. Has shown flashes of greatness.. Medyo mahal ang bili ko dito.. Hell, dito ang bentahan kay Marcus na Sweet Shot ay nasa P1K to 1,2K.. Sa e-bay nasa P600-800 kaso ayaw ko mag-bid internationally.. Okay na ito.. :goatee:

post-75683-1169219875.jpg

Edited by revi
@Dshock: GH33 is making a serious comeback this season.. I have seen him really play good in a lot of games.. That is, if he is healthy.. Critics have been thinking that this is the last season for Grant Hill.. Maybe, that is the reason for the jump in prices for his autographs and some inserts.. Kasi last year, the 97-98 autographics finishes at around $35-40.. Namahalan pa nga ako nun.. Did not bid on it instead I took a gamble on a Joe Dumars from the same set..

IMO, e-bay prices for Hills would slowly go down and stabilize after this season.. But your Grant Hill Emerald for me was a cheap pick-up, its a very rare card kaya nga $200 ang price tag eh.. At the least the Emerald should be sold at $120++.. Kasi yung 96-97 and 97-98 Autographics kapag pumasok na sa $60++ sa ebay, mahal na yun para sa akin.. Tama lang na hindi mo muna kunin yung ibang autos.. Right timing lang yan!!! Again, congrats on the pick-up dre.. Ganda!!! :cool:

Thanks revi. Huwag naman sana last season ni Hill ngayon, pwede pa siguro mga 2 years tapos mag retire na sya. Sayang yung career nya, dahil sa injury kasi bumagsak laro nya. :(

Bilib talaga ako sayo revi, ang dami ng collection mo, every week ang dami mong bagong cards. :cool:

thanks for the info Revi. Actually I got a friend who has a few of those 23k cards. He got a Jordan, barkley, malone and ewing, and of course Drexler. I don't know how much I would trade for those so I didn't get any of those cards. Well maybe I can just estimate and based them on the prices you gave me.

Dshock thanks again for checking it out.

Thanks revi. Huwag naman sana last season ni Hill ngayon, pwede pa siguro mga 2 years tapos mag retire na sya. Sayang yung career nya, dahil sa injury kasi bumagsak laro nya. :(

Bilib talaga ako sayo revi, ang dami ng collection mo, every week ang dami mong bagong cards. :cool:

With regards to Grant Hill.. The Duke curse might have struck him much like the way they have given Laettner, Bobby Hurley, Jay Williams a hard time in the NBA.. Pinaguusapan nga ito dati sa NBA thread sa Sports Threads dito sa MTC eh.. I was really actually wondering why the top picks of Duke always succumb to not so good careers and injuries.. Sana naman walang mangyari kina Shane Battier, Carlos Boozer, Luol Deng, Chris Duhon, and Shelden Williams.. But another Dukie who seems to be having a hard time cracking the NBA is JJ Redick.. :(

But at least, GH33 is a man who really fought through the injury bug and has since tried to regain his form.. That is why I would like to get an autographed card of him..

Thanks for the compliments, pare.. My rookie collection for this year is almost 90% complete na.. Might not buy the rooks of the new releases anymore.. Kaya medyo tipid na.. I will try to get a hold of the 2005-2006 rookie cards coz that was the year that I stopped collecting.. But medyo dun lang tayo sa mga mura na numbered.. But I will (syempre) still get some more Duncan stuff.. :D

revi, ive been frequenting this thread and im amazed with your collection.

isa lang ang sagot na gusto kong malaman, magkano nagagastos mo sa bisyo na to? :D

keep it up dude!

i use to collect nba cards starting when i was in grade 5 (gift from my parents)

i collect olajuwon cards but nasira ang hobby sa ibang "hobby" nung mag highschool ako

hahah

revi, ive been frequenting this thread and im amazed with your collection.

isa lang ang sagot na gusto kong malaman, magkano nagagastos mo sa bisyo na to? :D

keep it up dude!

i use to collect nba cards starting when i was in grade 5 (gift from my parents)

i collect olajuwon cards but nasira ang hobby sa ibang "hobby" nung mag highschool ako

hahah

Ei, M_T, nice of you to drop by here.. This hobby is the reason why I love watching basketball and I keep on posting sa sports thread.. I thought of quitting before (in 2005-06).. Just like you napunta ako sa ibang "hobby.." :evil: After a while, I decided to quit my ex-"hobby.." and started to come back to this hobby instead.. Baka magkahiwalay kami ni misis, kung di ko ititigil yung "hobby" na yun eh.. hehehe!!! :lol: But she also detest this hobby.. pinagseselosan.. but better kaysa iba ang pagselosan di ba? hehe!!! Nowadays, the other "hobby" ay once a month na lang nakikilatis.. hehehe!!! :evil: Sandali, pareho ba tayo ng "hobby" na napuntahan dati? hehehe!!!

Thanks for the compliments, pare.. Its been what? 14 years since I started collecting NBA Cards.. And hindi ko ni minsan inisip kung magkano nagastos ko a dito dre.. Magastos kung sa magastos kaso wala pa ako sa kalingkingan ng iba kong mga friends and kakilala pag dating sa hobby na ito.. A poster here (clydedrexler) could attest that there are still hardcore collectors out there who really buy like there is no tomorrow..

Hindi ko na inisip kung magkano ang nagagastos ko per month or per annum dito.. Coz its somewhat a therapy for me.. Coz whenever I scan my binders.. I feel like I have escaped my problems even for just a little bit.. Its an escape pare.. (just like my sport - badminton).. My Tim Duncan cards are one of my prized possessions.. Blood, sweat and tears ang pinuhunan ko dun.. and it would be difficult for me to let go of those cards.. Kaya nga minsan sabi ng misis ko, "Bakit di mo na lang pakasalan si Duncan.. Wala kang bukambibig kungdi si Duncan eh.." hehehe!!!

Pards, why don't you go back to the hobby.. Hakeem is a nice player to collect.. Is one of the 50 Greatest, has (not one, but) two championships.. Hall of Famer ito for sure.. :cool: Thanks, again, dude.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by revi
Guys just wanna ask if meron pa bumibili ng mga MJ, Pippen and Rodman insert cards? Marami kasi ako from year 93-97. If yes how much? mga times ilan? I also have RCs of AI, Kobe, KG, Camby, Ray Allen and Webber. Thanks!

Meron.. I am interested in your Jordans.. Please post some pictures here..

The multipliers vary.. from as low as X5 to 10 to as high as X30 for some.. Please tell us kung ano ano ang mga inserts na ito... Thanks.. :)

Got 51 Different cards of Tim Duncan for my personal collection today.. A lot of rare cards.. Old releases.. Old jersey cards.. Will try to post some of the stuff that I was able to get tomorrow.. Kahit yung mga ilan lang..

If one would total the cards, this would amount to $400.. But I got only them for P5K.. :P Utang pa muna ang kalahati.. :P

Again, will post some tomorrow.. :cool:

Ei, M_T, nice of you to drop by here.. This hobby is the reason why I love watching basketball and I keep on posting sa sports thread.. I thought of quitting before (in 2005-06).. Just like you napunta ako sa ibang "hobby.." :evil: After a while, I decided to quit my ex-"hobby.." and started to come back to this hobby instead.. Baka magkahiwalay kami ni misis, kung di ko ititigil yung "hobby" na yun eh.. hehehe!!! :lol: But she also detest this hobby.. pinagseselosan.. but better kaysa iba ang pagselosan di ba? hehe!!! Nowadays, the other "hobby" ay once a month na lang nakikilatis.. hehehe!!! :evil: Sandali, pareho ba tayo ng "hobby" na napuntahan dati? hehehe!!!

Thanks for the compliments, pare.. Its been what? 14 years since I started collecting NBA Cards.. And hindi ko ni minsan inisip kung magkano nagastos ko a dito dre.. Magastos kung sa magastos kaso wala pa ako sa kalingkingan ng iba kong mga friends and kakilala pag dating sa hobby na ito.. A poster here (clydedrexler) could attest that there are still hardcore collectors out there who really buy like there is no tomorrow..

Hindi ko na inisip kung magkano ang nagagastos ko per month or per annum dito.. Coz its somewhat a therapy for me.. Coz whenever I scan my binders.. I feel like I have escaped my problems even for just a little bit.. Its an escape pare.. (just like my sport - badminton).. My Tim Duncan cards are one of my prized possessions.. Blood, sweat and tears ang pinuhunan ko dun.. and it would be difficult for me to let go of those cards.. Kaya nga minsan sabi ng misis ko, "Bakit di mo na lang pakasalan si Duncan.. Wala kang bukambibig kungdi si Duncan eh.." hehehe!!!

Pards, why don't you go back to the hobby.. Hakeem is a nice player to collect.. Is one of the 50 Greatest, has (not one, but) two championships.. Hall of Famer ito for sure.. :cool: Thanks, again, dude.. :thumbsupsmiley:

hahah..

im pretty sure pareho tayong napuntahang hobby

im thinking about going back to this old hobby of mine

pero magastos talaga to e :D

nakaka adik kasi to

anyway dude, keep posting

hardcore collector ka pala talaga! :cool:

Meron.. I am interested in your Jordans.. Please post some pictures here..

The multipliers vary.. from as low as X5 to 10 to as high as X30 for some.. Please tell us kung ano ano ang mga inserts na ito... Thanks.. :)

Hindi ko tanda lahat eh nasa dorm kasi ako ngayon.. nasa house yung cards. Meron ako Total O, Greater Heights (2), Famous Nicknames, yun lang tanda ko eh.

Dude wala ka bang kilalang nag collect ng Pippen, dami ko kasi 500+. If you know someone PM mo naman ako. Thanks

Hindi ko tanda lahat eh nasa dorm kasi ako ngayon.. nasa house yung cards. Meron ako Total O, Greater Heights (2), Famous Nicknames, yun lang tanda ko eh.

Dude wala ka bang kilalang nag collect ng Pippen, dami ko kasi 500+. If you know someone PM mo naman ako. Thanks

I will see if I could find you a Pippen collector.. Are these mostly inserts? Or medyo meron ding mga commons.. If you have the time kapag nakauwi ka sa bahay niyo to browse through them, it would help if you could post some kind of a list.. Kahit wala muna pictures.. Then, we could meet somewhere to deal.. Okay?

---

As I have promised these are some of the Duncan cards that I was able to get yesterday.. 51 Cards for P5K.. Around X15 per card.. Nasa $330++ ang total value (hindi pala $400 dahil bumaba na ang ibang value over the years) ng mga nakuha ko eh.. I just scanned 8 cards.. Medyo ito ang mga pinaka-gusto ko sa mga ito eh..

1) Topps Gallery Originals Jersey 2000-01 - A redemption card and one of the most early releases of a Duncan jersey card.. Very rare coz its a redemption card.. Valued before at $50, but it is now just at $30.. I have always wanted to have this card for a long time.. :cool:

2) Topps Peak Performers 2004 - Another hard to find card coz its seeded at 1:399 and its in Topps.. $20..

3) Upper Deck Ovation 1999-2000 Future Forces - Seeded at one per box.. I was not able to get this insert even then.. I dunno why but its one card that I have always searched for.. Just a measly $10-12..

4) Hopps Freshman Flashback 97-98 #d 1000 - This was a product released during the lock-out.. There were no rookie cards in the set and that is the reason why a few collectors tried busting packs and boxes.. The boxes over the years became brittle once you open them and left the cards damaged.. Kaya rare ito.. Its valued at $25-30.. I need one more Duncan from the set.. Hoops Bams.. Tougher to find.. Love the card.. :cool:

5) Bowmans Best Best Picks 96-97 Refractor - Another card I have always wanted to covet.. Just valued at $15.. Not that rare but this is from Duncan's rookie year.. This is an RC insert.. :P Also was able to get the non-refractor yesterday.. :cool:

6) Topps Finest 2004-05 Refractor Jersey - Refractors have multipliers of 2 in this set.. This card is numbered and is valued at $24-25..

7) Stadium Club Frequent Flyers Relics 2002 - Rare! #d to just 700.. Again, Topps have placed a high odds rate for this set.. one per case? Still, the cards are not that expensive, just $25..

8) Topps Pristine 2003 Popular Demand Relics - $20.. Also tough to find.. But not that rare.. Its just that Pristine packs are pretty expensive.. :cool:

1)

post-75683-1169535154.jpg