Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

Who among you NBA Cardboard fans saw the brawl in Madison Square Garden yesterday? Saw it in youtube.. hehe!!!

The instigator is Mardy Collins.. Ironically, just last week.. I was able to win (from e-bay) an auto RC of Mardy Collins for .99.. :) His cards now might just go up because of the way he took down JR Smith.. and the way he got punched by Melo "dumbass" Anthony.. hehehe!!! Kidding aside, just wanna let you guys see my Collins rookie card.. the hitman of Isiah Thomas..

:cool:

post-75683-1166422660.jpg

yeah, kala ko pa nman kukunin sya ng Miami. pero lumakas din line-up ng Denver ngyon. guys sa tingin nyo ba merong effect sa prices ng cards ni Carmelo yung pagkaka suspend nya ng 15 games? kasi i remember nung si AI na suspend dahil sa marijuana partially bumaba yung cards nya dati eh.

IMO Allen Iverson stock would be better off if he was traded to the TWolves.. Ang problema kasi ng TWolves ay ayaw yata i-give-up ni McHale si Randy Foye.. Anak ng? E hindi naman nila ginagamit si Foye ng madalas eh.. Weird..

It seems that Melo and AI together are nice to look at on paper.. How about ball-hogging.. Melo was Denver.. and AI was the Sixers.. Now kanino ang Nuggets? Would they mesh together well? And be happy with the tag: Denver's Melo and the Answer.. Never liked both attitudes of these players, and having K-Mart and JR Smith in there won't help George Karl's headaches in handling big egoes..

Iba kasi attitude ni KG kay Carmelo eh.. Hindi ball-hog si KG.. Ipapasa niya ang bola kay AI para tumira at dahil humble si KG it would rub off on AI's attitude.. Eh si Mr. Mellow sobra ang yabang eh..

----

With regards to Melo's cards.. His backpedalling after that sucker punch would (maybe) derail the growth of his cards.. I pretty much believed in Melo's cards slow rising this season coz he was the top scorer of the L.. And people are beginning to see maturity.. But that sucker punch? If my collection today was about him.. Kahit na ako mahihiya kahit matataas pa ang value ng cards ko.. He looked like a sissy with that escape act.. Message boards were really reeling in disgust when they saw him hiding behind his team mates after sucker punching Mardy Collins..

His suspension (IMO) won't bring down his cards.. Ron Artest's and Ben Wallace's did not go down after the rumble in Indiana.. But Melo's attitude there really sucked.. Nanuntok na.. Tumakbo pa.. Duwag ang tingin sa kaniya ng mga tao.. I remember seeing in one Message Board in Beckett.. that he is being called a puss.. Itong tingin na ito sa kaniya ng mga fans, I think would derail his cards..

Melo's image was tarnished.. He needs to win and really win with flair for the fans to forget what he did.. Ang problema andiyan na si AI.. Mamaya si AI ang magdala ng flag ng Denver at maging second option lang siya.. Then his cards would surely cool off..

I assume that Melo's cards won't really go down that much coz it already had gone down.. But I think it will still go down after this incident.. High time to sell your Mellow Touches.. :lol:

If AI carries the Nuggz into the playoffs and make a loud noise.. Then, expect his cards.. especially his first auto on a Denver uni really skyrocket!!! Melo, on the other hand, hmmmmm.... I dunno.. Nagmukha talaga kasi siyang bading dun sa incident sa MSG.. hehehe!!! :lol:

Two new products are live in the States.. Topps Big Game and Hoops Hot Prospects.. Yung Hot Prospects grabe ang mga autograph issues.. Patch cards with auto on the patch itself.. Grabe!!! Ang ganda!!! The only product to have such kinds of cards are Exquisites.. At least itong Top Prospects mas affordable.. Yun nga lang walang Duncan auto sa Hot Prospects..

@kupalking: Magdilang anghel ka sana.. :D

Was able to pick up some cards last Friday and yesterday.. Below are the pictures..

1) Saer Sene RC Autographed from UD Sweet Shot #d750 - 10th pick overall.. Php300..

2) Brandon Roy Bowman Chrome RC - kinda rare.. Php100.. :cool: --- RC Chromes do not fall per pack..

3) Luol Deng Autographed Card from Topps Big Game #d to 75 - with a 2 color-patch on card.. Just Php500.. Waaay cheap!!!

4) Patrick O Bryant Bowman Chrome Autographed RC - P250.. OBryant is the 9th pick overall this season..

post-75683-1167157238.jpg

anung nangyari kay brandon roy at randy foye mukang naiwan na sila ni adam morrison si morrison na ata rookie of the year

I also collect Adam Morrison cards.. --- I have around 10 or 11, but his cards (especially the autographed ones) are pretty expensive.. Much like JJ Redick, Morrison (as you know) is an exclusive to Topps.. So, medyo kakaunti ang ma-i-issue na autographed rookie cards niya this season.. Dito pa naman sa Pinas kakaunti ang nagbubukas ng Topps.. :cry:

'Stache (or Adam Morrison) has been erratic in his offensive prowess and critics have called his one-dimensional coz it seems that he can't defend.. He is being asked by the Bobcats to carry the offensive load and to shoot but there are games that he can't seem to find the ring.. His stock is still there coz fans are kinda forgiving nowadays.. IMO, I haven't really seen many games where he really was phenomenal.. I expect his stock to fall down after this season.. He might be the ROY just because of the playing time he is being given and because he has not injured himself just yet.. Too early to tell, if he is still adjusting, but I don't really like what I am seeing..

Brandon Roy has not played in a lot of games because of his heel injury.. But (tandaan niyo ito), IMO, he is the most complete and matured player in this year's draft.. He complements the Bigs of the Blazers and the few times he has played he has been consistent and has taken big shots/assists to win games.. Brandon Roy is the real deal.. Roy, BTW, is an exclusive to Upper Deck.. His autographed rookie cards are in the $40-70 range.. I really like Brandon Roy..

Randy Foye has not been used that much by the Wolves.. But he was the reason (as they say) as to why AI is not in Minny today.. It is believed that Kevin McHale does not want to trade Foye.. FYI, I think he just won it for the TWolves today against the Bulls.. His autographed rookie cards are just in the $15-30 range.. But are slowly rising in e-bay..

Brandon Roy's and Randy Foye's cards are still a bargain IMO, and I think we should gobble up on them habang medyo mababa pa silang lahat.. Bargnani's (the #1 pick) cards are becoming expensive coz he is showing a Dirk Nowitzki touch and I would sure be getting an autographed RC before this season ends..

If you are asking me, I dunno, but I don't like Adam Morrison's performance.. Although I have invested in a lot of his cards, and I am still waiting for him to really break out, I am now beginning to lose my trust in his stock.. Still, it would be nice to have an autographed card.. If I could just get one at Php2K.. 'stache's games are similar to Rudy Gay's (erratic!!!), to be honest with you.. Its just his hype that is propelling his cards to the heavens..

BTW, for those who do not have new Becketts.. You would see there that JJ Redick's auto and RCs are expensive.. It seems that Redick has hardcore fans and I guess, Redick's name will always be in college HOF talks for many years to come.. He was just sensational in college di ba? Hype din kasi si Redick eh..

Edited by revi

Got some more pick-ups before 2006 ends.. All rookie cards.. all autographed..

1) Andrea Bargnani - sabi ko sa inyo kukuha ako ng RC Autographed ni Nowitzki II eh.. The Raptors, IMO, did not make a mistake in drafting him as the first pick overall.. Php1,500.. #d 150.. NBA Fleer Top Prospects..

2) Brandon Roy - just got this baby after winning this in e-bay for over a week now.. #d 250.. Php2,450.. UD Sweet Shot..

3) Craig Smith - Nuff said.. Its not Foye who is being used often by the Wolves.. Its actually Craig Smith.. #d to 500.. Php500.. :D

post-75683-1167403826.jpg

Edited by revi

Hope to get some autographs today from a friend.. Nangailangan yata ng pera at biglang pinakawalan ang ibang autographs niya.. I need the Sean Elliot really bad for my San Antonio collection.. Will post some pics if ever I will get some.. :cool:

BTW, Dreamshocker, he has a Grant Hill autograph for sale.. The first autographics.. $80.. Multiplier is at X40.. Interested? ;)