Cellphone Reviews

• 1 month later...

Where did you buy it? How much?

i bought it last week at robinson's ermita for 21000 bucks with service warranty

i traded my nokia 5800 and sony psp for this unit :)

nice phone! available na ba sa pinas yan?

yes sir its already out in every store.

the phone is already 4 day old with me, and honestly im still having a hard time getting familiar with my new toy hehe

Edited by tempest21

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0c/Nokia_N900-1.jpg/788px-Nokia_N900-1.jpg

just bought 1, but im having a hard time getting familiar with it, any suggestions or comment would be highly appreciated

ang tindi mo tsong, di nagpapahuli sa uso. hehehe.

i've read the reviews and overall it's being lauded as a great phone. pero how's the keypad, masakit ba fingerin?

like any toy, the excitement always comes off after a month imo, pero dahil lang siguro matanda na ako.

ang tindi mo tsong, di nagpapahuli sa uso. hehehe.

i've read the reviews and overall it's being lauded as a great phone. pero how's the keypad, masakit ba fingerin?

like any toy, the excitement always comes off after a month imo, pero dahil lang siguro matanda na ako.

ganito nagagawa ng panandaliang pahinga sa club hehe

its really great, with the capacity of 32gb, i can almost load up my phone with tons of music and movies!

if we talk about the softwares, people need to avail the use of wi-fi, just enter the application manager and choose download, and there you can choose the category you want to download.

keypad is not that bad, its just that my thumb is too big for it hehe

but you can always use the VIRTUAL KEYPAD

downside of this phone is its too BIG hehe

Edited by tempest21

agree with the post above that the phone is big, otherwise everything is perfect. the software change is a nice upgrade from symbian to linux.

1 cool thing with phone is the X-TERMINAL feature, if your familiar with ms-dos. then i think you wont have any problem using this phone,since the x-terminal feature is used for the performance of the phone,

the phone is already 1week old to me but i have not yet fully familiarize the use of it.

another cool thing is the fm transmitter, im not sure if it works but i think it can actually play the music your playin from phone to your radio.

to those interested, this is the screenshot of the OS ,

MAEMO 5

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a4/Maemo5-screenshot.png/250px-Maemo5-screenshot.png

http://www.unwiredview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Nokia-N900-live.jpg

http://connectedphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/nokia-n900-maemo-screen-01.jpg

Edited by tempest21
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just yesterday nokia centers started showing a dummy of nokia n8. it's a dummy that plays back its features. they said it's that light (and i say it's really light). the small texts were really tiny (about 5 or 6 points) but extremely readable thanks to its highres screen. the dummy provides interaction by allowing you to press some keys so it can show you more features. it will become available by october 23. early birds get 16g mem cards, bags, etc.

introductory price is 23,600

Edited by remoteworld

if i were to believe the wonders of n8's still shots and hd video, then it's a bargain at 23k especially if the buyer doesn't own a digicam yet (that's minus 8k at least for a cam with hd video). however, if someone can spend 23k for a phone, surely he already owns a digicam. hehehe. or maybe i'm wrong -- i know at least 2 guys who own expensive cellphones but had never been tempted to buy even a cheap digicam. ah, the consumer's mind is really a deep well of mystery

so if that link's review is correct, then it follows that carrying an n8 (it's almost as light as an ipod touch) is like bringing along a bag with a gps unit (using sirf III antenna! omg!), a digicam, a cellphone with internet capability, a flashlight, an audio/video player, a tiny tv tuner (via internet connection), a mini computer (capable to read/edit/save ms office files), a radio, a video game unit, a calculator, an organizer, etc. that's a perfect example of a multi-functional product. if you're a road warrior, this is indeed a lightweight solution to your aching back! as to whether you'll frequently use any of these is entirely up to your lifestyle. now, 23,699 pesos divided by 365 days comes up to be 65 pesos a day. guys, your daily beer consumption beats that!

nope, i'm wasn't paid by nokia to post this. hehehe

Edited by remoteworld