Cellphone Reviews

to those NOKIA 5800 users, any feedback on your phones?? mine has been hanging from time to time and to think i still have 1.1GB of free memory....

:wacko:

bring it to any nokia center (my favorite is their t. morato branch, it's the least visited), maybe it needs a new firmware upgrade or a virus might had crept in. they won't charge you anything

bring it to any nokia center (my favorite is their t. morato branch, it's the least visited), maybe it needs a new firmware upgrade or a virus might had crept in. they won't charge you anything

Thanks a lot sir but i checked and it's still in warranty where i bought it at ROBINSON'S GALLERIA....

will just check it there..

thanks again for the advise!!

:ninja:

Thanks a lot sir but i checked and it's still in warranty where i bought it at ROBINSON'S GALLERIA....

will just check it there..

thanks again for the advise!!

:ninja:

regardless where you bought it (i buy my nokia phones in greenhills), any nokia center will accept the warranty once you show them your receipt. if you bring your unit to robinson's, that store will be sending your unit to a nokia center too. they've got good technicians there

• 2 weeks later...

if i were to believe the wonders of n8's still shots and hd video, then it's a bargain at 23k especially if the buyer doesn't own a digicam yet (that's minus 8k at least for a cam with hd video). however, if someone can spend 23k for a phone, surely he already owns a digicam. hehehe. or maybe i'm wrong -- i know at least 2 guys who own expensive cellphones but had never been tempted to buy even a cheap digicam. ah, the consumer's mind is really a deep well of mystery

so if that link's review is correct, then it follows that carrying an n8 (it's almost as light as an ipod touch) is like bringing along a bag with a gps unit (using sirf III antenna! omg!), a digicam, a cellphone with internet capability, a flashlight, an audio/video player, a tiny tv tuner (via internet connection), a mini computer (capable to read/edit/save ms office files), a radio, a video game unit, a calculator, an organizer, etc. that's a perfect example of a multi-functional product. if you're a road warrior, this is indeed a lightweight solution to your aching back! as to whether you'll frequently use any of these is entirely up to your lifestyle. now, 23,699 pesos divided by 365 days comes up to be 65 pesos a day. guys, your daily beer consumption beats that!

nope, i'm wasn't paid by nokia to post this. hehehe

while nokia centers were selling their n8's for 23,699 greenhills tiangge stall were selling theirs at 23k flat with free 16gig microsd! greenhills had their stock ready but preferred to wait for nokia's launching before they brought out their wares.

Edited by remoteworld
  • 2 weeks later...

while nokia centers were selling their n8's for 23,699 greenhills tiangge stall were selling theirs at 23k flat with free 16gig microsd! greenhills had their stock ready but preferred to wait for nokia's launching before they brought out their wares.

i'd been hearing bad comments about n8 like, if you let it drained the battery won't charge again! also, its push email is erratic, it doesn't update or very late (as in, days!) in updating at all.

and the worst part is, it's all true according to my friends in nokia and smart!

i call it 'new entrant blues'. the technology isn't perfect for first batch models, the correcting firmware isn't far but a few months wait is in order. yeah, the first explorers get the first arrows

Edited by remoteworld

i have an n90 and I have big regrets. i should have bought an iphone or perhaps the samsung equivalent.

bottom line nokia products sucks!

1. still clinging on to old Symbian OS.

2. UI is not engineered to be user friendly. It takes much more clicks/taps to do same thing on an iphone

3. after sales service sucks! what can be fixed in greenhills within 1 hour takes 2-3 weeks in their service center.

I lost my stylus and when I went to nokia i found out that they don't sell stylus for my phone and most probably they never will.

4. After a year phone hangs often. chrome plating is worn off. phone sometimes restarts by itself. etc.

I ahven't tried n8 but i'm pretty sure all of the above will still apply.

i'd been hearing bad comments about n8 like, if you let it drained the battery won't charge again! also, its push email is erratic, it doesn't update or very late (as in, days!) in updating at all.

and the worst part is, it's all true according to my friends in nokia and smart!

i call it 'new entrant blues'. the technology isn't perfect for first batch models, the correcting firmware isn't far but a few months wait is in order. yeah, the first explorers get the first arrows

I'm sorry to hear that, I guess that will send me back to Globe and iphone.

any feedback on the new triple sim cellphones? planning to acquire one instead of carrying two cellphones all the time B) TIA

triple sim? transmitting signals to 3 networks simultaneously would require triple drainage on battery even during idle times. expect a large and powerful battery to go with it!

triple sim? transmitting signals to 3 networks simultaneously would require triple drainage on battery even during idle times. expect a large and powerful battery to go with it!

for a cheap dual sim phone, i'm currently using a myphone q19i. it's feature-packed for a 2300-peso phone:

querty keypad

programmable navigational keys

works like an i-mobile

and you can set the volume up to blast the ears of everyone around! hahaha

Edited by TheSmilingBandit
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any news if they have already addressed the initial problems coming with it's first release? Is it now worth buying or not?

the problems had been addressed but since the features are not that really spectacular (save for its camera and video), i'd consider buying it if its price drop down to 18k. altho' cheaper and better models might be available by then. hehehe

• 1 month later...

Any feedback from Nokia N8 and Samsung Galaxy S users here?

I'm deciding to upgrade to either of the two.

I have been a loyal Nokia user, but it seems that between the two, the Galaxy S outshines the N8. The Symbian v.3 does not respond well as compared to the Android of the Galaxy.

Even between the Iphone4 vs the Galaxy S, more reviews vote for the Galaxy S!

Thanks, actually ive been reading reviews and the Android powered Galaxy S garnered a lot of plus points, what bothers me is that Samsung will release a Galaxy S2 soon.. hehe...id still retain my iPhone 3GS for comparison once i get my hands on this

Ive seen the N8, great improvement from my current N86, but Symbian has been left eating dust by both the iPhone OS and the Android. But the camera is tops

I'm deciding to upgrade to either of the two.

I have been a loyal Nokia user, but it seems that between the two, the Galaxy S outshines the N8. The Symbian v.3 does not respond well as compared to the Android of the Galaxy.

Even between the Iphone4 vs the Galaxy S, more reviews vote for the Galaxy S!

ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S:

After having made extensive research on the top four of my choices -- Samsung Galaxy S, Nokia N8, Iphone 4, and Experia X10 -- I finally decided on purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S. My primary intention was to upgrade from my Nokia E71, which has served me well for the past 3 years. I needed a business phone that will link me well with the internet.

Before anything else, I would like to give a very good appraisal to the Nokia E71. I must say, as a business phone, it is very good. I even thought of upgrading to the E72. The only reason that stopped me from doing so was the screen size. There are models now with larger screen sizes so I thought of moving up to the previously mentioned models.

As regards the Samsung Galaxy S, I must say it has wonderful graphics. It even outshines the other newer models that Samsung released. It has very good inter phasing with the internet, and has a very fast processor. The applications are good, only that, it doesn't match well with the Nokia system so much of my contacts which couldn't be saved in my sim card had to be manually encoded.angry.gif

One disappointment with the Samsung Galaxy S is that, unlike the Nokia E71, you have to purchase it's office suite (Think Free Office)! The Nokia E71 has it incorporated in the phone.angry.gif

Another note to remember is it's battery life. It's a lot thirstier for power. The more applications you use, the faster the battery drains. With my usual usage, my Nokia E71 lasts me a good two days on its battery. Instead, the Galaxy S just goes on a full day at the office! It does not even last 24 hours.angry.gif

I guess that's true for most of the newer versions of the smarphones. So, buyers, keep that in mind when purchasing these types.

Other than that, I it's a good model, although, a lot more complicated than the Nokia E71 or, perhaps, the blackberry. Just like any new toy, you need to reeducate yourself in using it.wacko.gif

I know I'm biased...

If you want a mobile phone that no Tom, Dick and Harry has (read: iPhone4 and Nokia) then HTC is the way to go...

Android? Get the HTC Desire HD. That's a true iPhone killer

Windows Mobile?? Get the HTC HD7 or the older HD2

If you're going to use the phone for simply texting and calling then go Nokia....