Cellphone Reviews

• 2 weeks later...

Best phone brands are the following:

- Samsung

- Apple

- Nokia

mga pioneer pag dating sa cellphones kaya alam nila kung anu ang mga prevention sa mga common issues with phone..

Brands that are "CHINA MADE" (walang pinagkaiba sa china phones na unbranded, eto eh nilagyan lng ng pangalan)

- SKK

- CKK

- khit anung KKK or what

- My Phone

- Torque

- Cherry Mobile

- bsta pinoy brands na similar to that, parehas lng sa china promise

• 1 month later...

Too bad sir, binili na ng Microsoft ang Nokia, and bibitawan na nila yung brand name paglabas ng bagong Lumnia.

oks lang yun. I don't really care about the smart phone lineup of nokia, mas prefer ko pa rin yung mga sinaunang phones - mas mabilis mag boot, mas tumatagal ang battery, physically durable and for safety reasons, hindi takaw nakaw when using it openly in public. In fact, I own one right now and still uses it everyday. :lol:

i got a cherry mobile razor 2. happy naman ako sa performance ng unit. good battery life given my usage profile (occassional call, sms, surfing). i don't play games on my phones. phone is not perfect. the interval between shots is too long (around 4 seconds between shots). if you are looking for a handset for rapid shooting, go for another brand (iPhone would be ok, or perhaps, Sony Xperia, Samsung Galaxy S6, etc.). if this phone has a weak spot, it's the camera shot-to-shot time. quality of the images are ok in good light. in low light, nope.

if you are a casual shooter, you can probably live with the "speed" of the camera app. for shooting, i use another phone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

all phones nowadays are china made apple samsung nokia. but for me the best phone as of now would be oppo. they can compete with the leading brands and they are cheaper.

I think the right term would be manufactured in China. Not all the companies in China who manufactures mean they're not good in terms of producing an end product.

But let's face it, technologies may come from from the West, but they will still go to the East for the production of their end products. So there's a term being used as "US Technology", yet this may still differ of course with the term "US brand". But guaranteed of course the proper maintenance and the quality for the parts used. I think the quantity being called for each model of a device would matter for the checking would be of random if that turns out to be a mass production. And of course, this will also depend on the quality ideals of the brand. They may reason, "You get what you paid for."

But brand should also bank on that thought. Why not give the market that device that they paid for?

For the affordability, excuse me for the local brands, but I would rather go for a global brand. If your brand has this scope, you would be more mindful of the things you put in your device and most specially the updates.

On Topic: The market varies in such sense that the users of the device also vary. Some bank more on the camera of the device, some are much after the storage, and some simply don't care at all as long as they can do the calling and the texting and connect to the net.

I see Huawei devices to be promising, and yes I got my eyes on that Mate 7. I got to try their Ascend P7, that has 13MP for the rear camera and has 8MP for the front camera. And since I'm a camera person, that was quite a pack for me. I want a higher front selfie? Then I won't have to turn the phone for the rear experience at all to get that. The front will have to really suffice for it.

Oppo devices are good as well, although they're quite limited with their models, but that's all ok since it won't matter anyway if one device can already cater a quite a handful of the specs and tasks you'll want from your device.

Samsung is still trying to conquer all sectors, from the midrange to the flagship devices, yet wobbly still, as I see it. Some of the market were overwhelmed with the Super AMOLED display their A series and E series showed, but I still think the A series were overpriced. If you'll only be viewing the photos and watchin the videos in that device, then yes, you'll love the lcd experience. But be mindful too that when you transfer this to your laptop, which of course doesn't have the same lcd as that of the A series device, then it's gonna be an all different image viewing. And the vivid colors might just not be that satisfying at all.

And with this, I think the camera lens of the device is important. And here's where Sony can come in. Battery life, I'm up for it. My Sony device serves me well. (And the camera too). I feel hefty with it already.

Nokia still has a quite a leverage for the bar-type phones. Large keypad and enough sized lcd, it still has a market. And yes, the durability of the device still works, specifically for the "oldies" models.

Asus, I might say, is giving a lead for the price point for a device. And as one will observe, the other brands are somehow following this trail. But hope the glitch of the after sales have been resolved already.

dont be a slave of those leading companies try to search the market phones with better capabilities and cheaper prices

Make that cheaper price as compared to those two brands mentioned, but same or better specs, and has a good after sales.

I would rather go for a global brand than a local one really.

Make that cheaper price as compared to those two brands mentioned, but same or better specs, and has a good after sales.

I would rather go for a global brand than a local one really.

What brand/model cp would you recommend for a guy who likes the outdoors, gets wet in the rain and sometimes mud, travels a lot and gets exposed to extreme weather conditions?

If you can still find a Nokia 3720, done deal for the outdoors, rain, and mud.

Really? That old? hmmm... I was hoping for something with a gps and offline map...

^^any make & model will do, just put it in a ziplock bag and you're set :P

yeah I got a ziplock pouch bag I bought from ace hardware for my phone and it's quite handy at first. Un nga lang it's not durable.