Cellphone Reviews

sir, are u sure its free? from what i know, ovimap charges you per kb

yes it's free. the asian map includes big cities in asia as well. meaning, maps for shanghai, singapore, beijing, hk, kuala lumpur, etc. are all free when you download the 3gig asian map. so make sure your memory card for your nokia is 4gig or more

by the way, i have thoroughly checked the philippine map of ovimap 3.0 and it has all the major highways plus 3 cities (metro manila, metro cebu and baguio). the rest are *&^%$. so for out-of-the-city driving, rpmap using garmin xt pa rin ang number 1

Guest Dobermaxx
sir, are u sure its free? from what i know, ovimap charges you per kb

Actually it's globe that's charging you if you turn on the "go online" option. If you turn that off and turn off the assisted GPS the phone will only use the built in GPS receiver for mapping and you wont get any data charges.

And I do agree with Sir Remoteworld's assessment of Ovi Maps 3, it's ok for the city but for going out of town, Garmin XT pa rin. :thumbsupsmiley:

Actually it's globe that's charging you if you turn on the "go online" option. If you turn that off and turn off the assisted GPS the phone will only use the built in GPS receiver for mapping and you wont get any data charges.

And I do agree with Sir Remoteworld's assessment of Ovi Maps 3, it's ok for the city but for going out of town, Garmin XT pa rin. :thumbsupsmiley:

i used my eten x800's garmint xt map in my trip to baguio (and back). finding the well-known hotels, restaurants and landmarks was a cinch. then i turned on my 5800's ovi maps while in kennon road. the new nokia firmware really made a difference in satellite fix, but the ovi map was disappointing. the baguio map is ok, but some streets are still missing in the map but overall it's forgivable

on the way back to manila i noticed the detours we make (to avoid the traffic caused by convoys of legarda, erap and gordon groups) are not in the ovi map too

Edited by remoteworld
  • 3 weeks later...

best i ever had siguro ung SE k750 ko hehehe. luma na, had it for 5 yrs now, ang gusto ko dito ung battery life nya, abot pa rin at least 2-3 days given ung normal use ko. normal usage ko is at least 100 txt messages a day, at least 20mins of calls per day din. pag ginamit ko pa ung mp3 ayun mga 2days lang buhay nya, pero oks pa rin.

best i ever had siguro ung SE k750 ko hehehe. luma na, had it for 5 yrs now, ang gusto ko dito ung battery life nya, abot pa rin at least 2-3 days given ung normal use ko. normal usage ko is at least 100 txt messages a day, at least 20mins of calls per day din. pag ginamit ko pa ung mp3 ayun mga 2days lang buhay nya, pero oks pa rin.

TIBAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!! :goatee:

• 4 weeks later...

Wa~~la, the best phone that I ever had hands down is my China phone A200. The phone is already 3 years in my possession, functions like a new one, the battery lasts 4 to 5 days on my normal usage, touchscreen accuracy is simply perfect. The only drawback is the fading of the keypad. But nonetheless, a very good and inexpensive catch, compare to those other "Branded" phones

i agree with sony ericsson k750, matibay at maganda yung camera, di talaga ako nagsisisi sa phone na yun, at naipamana ko pa sa aking little sis.

right now, im loving my e51, yun nga lang hindi maganda ang camera at yung power button nya. pero sulit naman sa connectivity at tibay, big plus for me yung metal body nya. pero dahil din sa metal body nya, parang mabilis sha mag-init sa usage, both calls or pag naka wi-fi.

• 3 weeks later...

e-series or n-series? pare parehong symbian eh. symbian smartphones are fast becoming boring kasi ndi ngbabago masyado.

on the other hand, the maemo-powered n900 is probably the best phone in the world (even including the iPhone and the Android phones).

e-series or n-series? pare parehong symbian eh. symbian smartphones are fast becoming boring kasi ndi ngbabago masyado.

on the other hand, the maemo-powered n900 is probably the best phone in the world (even including the iPhone and the Android phones).

yeah n900 is very different from the symbian phones,planning to buy 1

• 3 weeks later...

Using an E71 as my daily phone... very versatile and it's a real beast in the reliability sector (dunked it in water, dropped it from 4 feet, handled by toddlers and slammed to a wall). Still alive.

On the software aspect, the latest firmware upgrade made the E71 freaking slow. Otherwise, it's pretty useful for me, having installed software like the Advanced Call Manager, Joikuspot Premium, Skype, Opera Mini, Google Maps.

I don't even find the E72 a compelling upgrade. I'd probably be holding on to this model until it breaks.

I'm a guy who love the great outdoors alot... -_- and Samsung b2100 xplorer is the best celphone i ever have... it's water proof (tested personally in masbate and subic), dust proof and shock proof. It's a basic phone that except it has a 1.3 mp camera and mp3 player. This really fits my lifestyle. B)

i need an upgrade to teh E90. nothing beats a communicator. i use a blackberry storm, sometimes the tocuh screen cant keep up with my speed. my eyes are failing me, damn.

Sir,

mahina ba ang signal ng blackberry storm? i have an acquaintance who has the same phone as yours, and she always complains about the signal...

Edited by TheSmilingBandit