Martial Arts

Corkscrew

Same here please don't call me sir lol ok about Muai Thai in Parañaque and Alabang, I'm interested to see how they practice and might join them too.

Also you guys are mentioning Presas, please verify if this is Remy Presas Jr., I know this guy and he's a good guy I met him back in 1994 he used to teach me Arnis (but only for 4 weeks) sabi ko mas masarap uminom kaysa mag Arnis lol.... I don't know if he is still teaching in Lyceum, any info about him will be appreciated, I need to visit the guy I haven't seen him since 1996.

Hindi po... I was refering to GM Ernesto Presas... brother of the late GM Remy Presas...his uncle ..

if i am not mistaken...try visiting www.fma.org... they have quite an extnsive networking of info on who's

who in the fma world sa 'pinas... hope it helps..

Hindi po... I was refering to GM Ernesto Presas... brother of the late GM Remy Presas...his uncle ..

if i am not mistaken...try visiting www.fma.org... they have quite an extnsive networking of info on who's

who in the fma world sa 'pinas... hope it helps..

Oh I see thanks man and happy holidays to you and to yours

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to invite everyone to watch "Fighting Challenge 7"

When: Jan 13, 2007

Venue: Yaw-Yan ArDigma Makati Gym, Yague St. cor. Chino Roces Ave. Makati City (Near Phil. Daily Inquirer)

Fighting Challenge is a striking and MMA competition. Tickets is Php100.00 only. Call Yaw-yan Makati at 870-4750.

FIGHTING CHALLENGE 7

MMA

1. JET "OKINJA CORPUZ VS. BENITI JAMON

Yaw-Yan ArDigma Makati) ( The Pride of Yaw-Yan Extreme

2. CHARLES "YAWSA" DIAO VS. OLIVER "THE BOMB" BAGAY

Free Style Fighting) ( The Pride of Karate)

3. MICHAEL VERSAGA VS. RONILO ANUNCIO

Yaw-Yan ArDigma Makati ) ( The Pride of Yaw-Yan Extreme

4,. BON BAUTISTA VS. ANGELO CRISTI

Yaw-Yan Buno )( Yaw-Yan Extreme

"YAW-YAN STAND UP"

4. ZAIDE LARUAN VS. AURIC DELACRUZ

Top Fighter from Yaw-Yan Ardigma ) (Auric Lanna Boxing Thailand

Ksatriyan)

5. SANTOS CALALANOY VS. LIBREA PAOLO

Yaw-Yan ArDigma Ksatriyan ) ( Yaw-Yan Cavite

6. RENANTE "LIMBAS" NOBLEFRANCA VS. RAFAEL LUIS QUIAPON

Yaw-Yan Ardigma Makati ) ( Yaw-Yan Evolution

7. DANILO "ALASAN" TUDTUD VS. HENRY HARE

Yaw-Yan Ardigma MAkati )( Yaw-Yan Cavite

8. MICHAEL "BUHAWI" DUNCAN VS. MELVIN MONILLA

Yaw-Yan ArDigma Makati )( Muaythai Quezon City

9. JAY-AR "MATADOR" VILLAGRACIA VS. RICHARD "PUNCHER" SABRINE

Yaw-Yan ArDigma Makati )( The Pride of Explosure Gym

10. BILLY "TIRADOR" JARESCO VS. ALVIN "CUTE" RAMIREZ

Yaw-Yan ArDigma Makati )( Yaw-Yan Evolution

11. JORDAN "LABUYO" BALCITA VS. MARK "BABYFACE" DIALOGO

Yaw-Yan ArDigma Makati )( Kickboxing Quezon City

• 3 weeks later...
Leloup ,how was the Yaw-Yan fight night.Most of the fights were won by Yaw-yan right?have you participated?

best regards

Yup, most of the fights are won by Yaw-yan. I want to compete but they couldn't find a fighter of the same weight class. Perhaps next time. The organizer is currently trying to come up with the video of the tournament. I'll try to post it.

I think you know Burungkol in Martial Arts planet forum. He competed too.

Olympus, sent you a pm

ushy rocker

ello. meron ba dito may alam na judo lessons along makati/manila/ (taft vito cruz area)? ung malapit sa dlsu po

thanks smile.gif

Try Pro-Kosys Judo club. They train at PAJA (Phil. Amateur Judo Asso.) Main Gym at Rizal Memorial Stadium. Just behind DLSU. Their instructor is Sensei Emir Reyes. They train Saturday 10-12a.m. and Sunday 2-4p.m.

Yup, most of the fights are won by Yaw-yan. I want to compete but they couldn't find a fighter of the same weight class. Perhaps next time. The organizer is currently trying to come up with the video of the tournament. I'll try to post it.

I think you know Burungkol in Martial Arts planet forum. He competed too.

hey.I know Bon,thought he is in US .How was his fight. Is that the fourth fight on the list.

He is from Yaw-Yan Pasay right?why Yaw-Yan buno

Better luck next time Leloup.

Regards

errr, i do KENDO in MKC

Kendo means "the way of the sword" in japanese

what we do in kendo is to perfect the killing stroke of a katana... with one strike only, ideally that is

in short: one strike, one k*ll

we do combat by wearing a full body armor that weighs 10kg(very hot) and a simulatory katana which is made of bamboo

only 5th dan is allowed to use real razor sharp katana, to avoid fatal injuries... and ofcourse accidentally killing some one

its a very hard budo(japanese for martial training)

this is not bushido. bushido is the way of the samurai and the samurai are already extinct. we do not k*ll each other in this budo, instead we perfect our skills through intense years of training

my rank... it could perhaps be called the second lowest life form in kendo

kenjutsu is to kendo as jiujutsu is to judo

judo is just a much more civilized form of jiujutsu. judo has more rules of engagement in which you MUST not break as compared to jiujutsu... everything else, hubaran mo sila at patayin mo ang ilaw, they are the same

ergo, you really can k*ll someone with jiujutsu... heaven help, it does not come to that

it is quite unfortunate that because of the prohibitive fees charged for quality training

in any martial art... ONLY THOSE WITH BETTER FINANCIAL STANDING CAN AFFORD TO

TRAIN...marami po... hindi naman lahat...ginagawang pang porma lang ang martial arts...

but a greater number are not really into what their training...just for kicks...unfortunately...

from what can be observed...most come from MGA MAY KAYA SA BUHAY. MAYBE AS A

MATTER OF SURVIVAL, ANG MGA INSTRUCTORS HAVE TO TONE DOWN THEIR TRAINING...

BUT THEN AGAIN... THERE ARE RICH KIDS WHO ARE HARD CORE.. ( VERY FEW )...WHO

HAVE THE PROPER MINDSET... DISCIPLINE...PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES (HINDI LAMPA)..

AND MOST IMPORTANT...ATTITUDE...HATS OFF TO THEM FOR KEEPIN' THE ARTS ALIVE...

hey.I know Bon,thought he is in US .How was his fight. Is that the fourth fight on the list.

He is from Yaw-Yan Pasay right?why Yaw-Yan buno

Better luck next time Leloup.

Well, he's back since last November and started training for the fight. Unfortunately, he lost via armbar. He went up against somebody from yaw-yan evolution. He competed in a MMA match and to honor the person who taught him grappling/groundfighting, he carried the name Buno (which is a Filipino art of grappling). We're both back into training mode and I know that he can carry the day next time he fights. We are currently organizing another Yawyan Fighting Challenge in March.

guys meron ba kaung alam na nag tuturo ng jui jitsu..nanggaling na rin kasi ako sa muay thai eh gusto ko lng sana matutu pa ng jui jits

there are two main types of jujitsu. Japanese jujitsu and Brazilian jujitsu. Which one do you want to learn? and what's your location? Judo is a sport therefore, it has rules that practitioners must follow. But judo can be deadly too. Try executing an osoto-gari on your opponent on concrete and let's see if they will still be able to stand up.

I remember when YAW YAN had a gym fronting Divisoria...back in the late 70s ..... buhay pa

ba yun???.... a classmate of mine fROm high school...used to study there...the curriculum was

different from what it is today...maybe it isgeared more for sports combat... just as effective...

ground fighting wasn't in voque back then...ANO PO BA ANG EVOLVED YAW YAN??? SOME INFO

TNX...

I remember when YAW YAN had a gym fronting Divisoria...back in the late 70s ..... buhay pa

ba yun???.... a classmate of mine fROm high school...used to study there...the curriculum was

different from what it is today...maybe it isgeared more for sports combat... just as effective...

ground fighting wasn't in voque back then...ANO PO BA ANG EVOLVED YAW YAN??? SOME INFO

TNX...

The quiapo gym is closed already

Yaw-yan evolution is yaw-yan oriented towards MMA

wow si sir emir pa rin. i took lessons with my brother when i was in high school for about a couple of months from that same club, and sir emir was the sensei. that probably 6-8 yrs ago. nice to know he's still there. mabait un eh.

thanks for the info smile.gif

Yup, he still teaches in that club. He's a very good instructor. He will patiently and painstakingly teach the proper techniques of judo.

ey guys, just wanna ask...

i would like to enroll my son to a martial arts lesson this coming summer. my purpose is for him to learn discipline at a very young age.

are there any schools that would cater kids between 4-6? cavite area. by the ay I am from Gen trias.

tia.

Try KD. They hold summer clinics in several locations. Try inquiring at PTA