Martial Arts

Corkscrew

Like you I started in TKD way back in High School and College. My base style is Muay Thai, been doing it for 4 years and counting. For striking, I've cross trained in Yaw-yan and Boxing. For grappling, I've cross trained in Judo and BJJ. Yes, I've competed in Muay Thai, boxing and judo. Not yet in MMA. My day job prevents me from training seriously for MMA.

Then i'll call you Master Leloup from now on!!! :) :cool: I admire you for your enthusiasm in MMA considering u hav day job...Hope to see u as one of the fighters of URCC/MMA in the near future... by the way, where are you practicing your Muay Thai skills?? Yaw-Yan is it the same as kickboxing?? can u pls enlighten me Sir Leloup about that...

Then i'll call you Master Leloup from now on!!! smile.gif specool.gif I admire you for your enthusiasm in MMA considering u hav day job...Hope to see u as one of the fighters of URCC/MMA in the near future... by the way, where are you practicing your Muay Thai skills?? Yaw-Yan is it the same as kickboxing?? can u pls enlighten me Sir Leloup about that...

Thanks, but I don't deserve the title. :) I am just and will always be a student. The URCC thing might already be a distant prospect as I'm already 31 and just 3 years short of the GAB imposed age limit.

I train at the HQ of Muay Asso. of the Philippines in Ultra. Yaw-yan is an FMA that focuses on kicks and strikes, you can call it Filipino kickboxing. Both arts are can give you a good base if you want to be a striker.

Bro, do you train with Muay Asso. of the Philippines in Ultra?

How were you able to train in Por Pramuk? I heard that they are not accepting farangs. I've always wanted to train there (actually train along side Buakaw). I'm planning to go to Kaewsamrit in Bangkok or Lanna in Chiang Mai during next year's Holy Week. But if they are open to foreigners, might go there instead.

Oh Buakaw Por Pramuk the main man yeah I met him several times and we know each other. We used to visit Catherine Cafe and Posiedon with some friends.

They accept foreigners and I've seen some whites after my few years of training. Maybe for some reason foreigners are not encouraged to join because these Thais can only speak limited english.

In Bangkok there are tons of Muai Thai Gym and you can go and enroll there for a cheap price, Chiang Mai is another option and there are also gyms in Kanchanaburi (but this is 1.5-2 hours from BKK).

As for local Muay Association ? nope I never trained with them.

Oh Buakaw Por Pramuk the main man yeah I met him several times and we know each other. We used to visit Catherine Cafe and Posiedon with some friends.

They accept foreigners and I've seen some whites after my few years of training. Maybe for some reason foreigners are not encouraged to join because these Thais can only speak limited english.

In Bangkok there are tons of Muai Thai Gym and you can go and enroll there for a cheap price, Chiang Mai is another option and there are also gyms in Kanchanaburi (but this is 1.5-2 hours from BKK).

As for local Muay Association ? nope I never trained with them.

You're a lucky man. Meeting the main man in person.

Actually, I've trained for a week in Kaewsamrit last year though I'm very satisfied with their training I want to try other gyms (being in Bangkok, it's very expensive). I have a friend who's one of the fighters of Lanna that's why it's on my list. I've met Ole Baguio Laursen while he's here in Manila and his Legacy gym in Ubon Ratchani is also on my list. Is it ok to ask for the contact information/person of Por Pramuk Gym if you have it?

You're a lucky man. Meeting the main man in person.

Actually, I've trained for a week in Kaewsamrit last year though I'm very satisfied with their training I want to try other gyms (being in Bangkok, it's very expensive). I have a friend who's one of the fighters of Lanna that's why it's on my list. I've met Ole Baguio Laursen while he's here in Manila and his Legacy gym in Ubon Ratchani is also on my list. Is it ok to ask for the contact information/person of Por Pramuk Gym if you have it?

Here you go and good luck

76/1 Moo 5 T. Saochagok, A. Bangkle, Chachoensao 24110

Telephone : (66) 38 584 151

Yup as long as you'll pay them and I don't think that's going to be a problem....... Why don't you teach Muai thai here.

That's good to hear. Some gyms don't accept farangs unless they know you or you were endorsed by somebody they know.

I think I'm not worthy to teach the art. I'm a former officer of Muay Asso. of the Phil. , the POC and PSC recognized governing body of Muay Thai in the Philippines, so I help in propagating the sport.

That's good to hear. Some gyms don't accept farangs unless they know you or you were endorsed by somebody they know.

I think I'm not worthy to teach the art. I'm a former officer of Muay Asso. of the Phil. , the POC and PSC recognized governing body of Muay Thai in the Philippines, so I help in propagating the sport.

Oh that make sense...... so the Muai Association in Pasig ? do you guys have tons of students ? how much is the membership fee and schedule ?

one student per instructor ba dun?? or one on one ba ung pg'train??

Yup. Its a one on one training. But pag me kasabay ka, sabay sabay kayo sa warm up. The pad training, partner play, clinching exercises are one on one training. Another bonus or should I say incentive is that a lot of celebs train at Ultra. I think every Saturday or every other saturday, Angel Locsin would train there in preparation for her telenovela with Robin Padilla. That is if , celebs is one of your thing.

Yup. Its a one on one training. But pag me kasabay ka, sabay sabay kayo sa warm up. The pad training, partner play, clinching exercises are one on one training. Another bonus or should I say incentive is that a lot of celebs train at Ultra. I think every Saturday or every other saturday, Angel Locsin would train there in preparation for her telenovela with Robin Padilla. That is if , celebs is one of your thing.

Oh nice how about training with Buakaw :P

Thanks Sir Leloup!! :)

Angel locsin??? where???? one thing about her is she's very athlethic... ( think she was a varsity

swimmer at UST... i might be wrong)...What appeals to many... the obvious being her hot looks...

is her being without pretentions....HINDI PA INGLISERA!!! at 'cowboy' sila... so roughing up in a sport

like muay thai fits her to a T...

Angel locsin??? where???? one thing about her is she's very athlethic... ( think she was a varsity

swimmer at UST... i might be wrong)...What appeals to many... the obvious being her hot looks...

is her being without pretentions....HINDI PA INGLISERA!!! at 'cowboy' sila... so roughing up in a sport

like muay thai fits her to a T...

Try going to MAP HQ in ultra this Saturday around 5 to 6p.m. But her schedule might change without prior notice :D .

She's not that pretty if you're going to look at her but she's very down to earth. Unlike some celebs who acts as if they own the whole place. There's even this one celeb who sprays disinfectant on the trainers just because they're sweaty., :thumbsdownsmiley:

thanks for the tip leloup... at least there's one celeb who's really into training not

just for kicks... that she really likes to...learn wholeheartedly...Oyo boy is really a lucky guy...

Anyway...Angel Locsin being a girl that she is...IS THERE A SEPARATE TRAINING REGIMENT

FOR WOMEN IN MUAY THAI...CONSIDERING THAT THEIR BODY PHYSIQUE IS DIFFERENT???

CAN THEY INDURE THE SAME....???

thanks for the tip leloup... at least there's one celeb who's really into training not

just for kicks... that she really likes to...learn wholeheartedly...Oyo boy is really a lucky guy...

Anyway...Angel Locsin being a girl that she is...IS THERE A SEPARATE TRAINING REGIMENT

FOR WOMEN IN MUAY THAI...CONSIDERING THAT THEIR BODY PHYSIQUE IS DIFFERENT???

CAN THEY INDURE THE SAME....???

The regimen is the same and smart trainers know how to pace thier students

Good deal and yeah I met Angel like 2 years ago she was one of the visitors of my friend (can't mention the name though) during her birthday and yes she's an ordinary girl and down to earth I may say quite funny coz I don't know her I even asked her "hey Angel what do you do for a living ?" tapos nagatawanan mga friends ko even my girlfriend told me "si Angel Locsin yan" I was like .. ahh ok sino yun ?

Going back to the topic in Thailand do we have a Muai Thai gym in south coz I live in BF homes Pque. sayang Ultra is really far from me.

plakat yung nga po ang selling point ni Angel Locsin.. she's GORGEOUSLY PLAIN...

walang kaarte arte... tapos maganda pa...!!! Hindi po katulad ng karamihan sa mga

girls today... pa-sossy...mag muay thai para mapansin...inglisera sa walang lugar...!!!

Anyway... going back to the topic... Would muay thai find self-defense applications ONLY

in unarmed combat??? yes it is quite effective but against knives... clubs and such???

I recently read about bando.. a burmese art similar to muay thai..but it's training encompases

weapons...wasn't muay thai derive from wai kru.. or some ancient art using swords etc...???

IF JUST FOR DISCUSSION... SIR PLAKAT...SOME INFO... TNX...