Martial Arts

Corkscrew

Hello Vi-King,

Where are you located? Perhaps I can look for a YY gym or practitioner near your place.

Thanks. There's a YY competition in November and December. Hope you'll be able to watch it live.

are

Thank you very much, I am in Ireland.I enquired about it before ,was told that there are no Instructos here.If you know any,please let me know .would be great.I am planning to come down philippines by this year end or next ,after i found enough money .Hope i can see you there.Do you practice weapons in your Yaw-Yan Gym.

And do you practice the Yy street style(Which i assume is shown in the above videos of YY Cebu) in your gym

Regards

Want to start. Always liked the dance aspect of it... are lessons still offered at Centro Flamenco? Any other gyms or centers where i can start at?

yeah, it's great for developing suppleness and smoothness of movement. what most people don't realise is that it's also a kickarse workout. handstands, cartwheels, low moves like esquiva, negativa, and queda de rins, all great for developing functional strength. the kicks are also deceptively effective, particularly rasteira, which is brilliant against idiots that like to show off by round kicking to the head. another move i really like is cruz, which isn't a kick, but works well against people who throw their front kick higher than stomach level.

i don't live in the islands anymore, so i can't help you with places to train, but good luck in finding one. one tip, if they claim to teach capoeira, but don't have any instruments or know any songs, you're better off finding another place. music is very important to the jogo (game). the instructor should be able to play the berimbau, and be able to teach others how to play it. he or she should know the songs, be able to explain them, and teach the students how to sing them.

Thank you very much, I am in Ireland.I enquired about it before ,was told that there are no Instructos here.If you know any,please let me know .would be great.I am planning to come down philippines by this year end or next ,after i found enough money .Hope i can see you there.Do you practice weapons in your Yaw-Yan Gym.

And do you practice the Yy street style(Which i assume is shown in the above videos of YY Cebu) in your gym

Regards

I asked around and I'm sorry to say that we don't have a YY brother in Ireland. If you'll be in the Philippines just let me know and I'll help you around.

Yes, we do practice weapons and street fighting in our YY gym.

capoeira seem to be the fad in martial arts today...applied in

combat...practitioners i've talked to... seem to agree that all

whirling, somersaults, and other dance-like movements are seldom

what they appear to be.... most are perfectly-timed counterattacks...

devoid of the otherwise flashy moves we attribute capoeira to be...

AND THERE LIES THE ARTS' DECEPTION AND DEADLY EFFECTIVITY...

capoeira is played by two people who agree, up to certain point, that they will cooperate with each other. however, every game of capoeira has malisya, yes it means the same thing as what you're thinking. in capoeira trust is not a virtue, and to receive your playmate's blessing or bencao isn't always a good thing. the old saying "never trust a capoeirista, especially when he's smiling" holds true every time you step into the roda. don't even trust the people playing the instruments as they control the tempo of the game. if you want to play, develop malisya because if you step into the roda for a jogo and you're a shiny, happy, trusting sort of person, you will get hurt, "accidentally" of course.

to see more of capoeira outside a video arcade, i recommend the following movies:

-rooftops, 1989.

very, very bad. only worth watching because of the capoeira, which was given a different name in the movie.

-only the strong, 1993.

a marginally better movie, with some good music. most people will recognise the mazda song "zoom zoom zoom". it also has real capoeiristas performing in the beginning and end of the film. marc dacascos was trained by a real capoeira instructor prior to the film.

-catwoman, 2004.

a complete waste of halle berry, but she trained hard for the movie, and even got injured performing her own stunts.

-ocean's twelve, 2004.

the moves performed by the "night fox" as he prepares for his heist are typical capoeira.

-blade, 1998.

-blade2, 2002.

-blade trinity, 2004. aside from having a fifth degree black belt in karate, wesley snipes is also a highly ranked practicioner of capoeira.

capoeira is played by two people who agree, up to certain point, that they will cooperate with each other. however, every game of capoeira has malisya, yes it means the same thing as what you're thinking. in capoeira trust is not a virtue, and to receive your playmate's blessing or bencao isn't always a good thing. the old saying "never trust a capoeirista, especially when he's smiling" holds true every time you step into the roda. don't even trust the people playing the instruments as they control the tempo of the game. if you want to play, develop malisya because if you step into the roda for a jogo and you're a shiny, happy, trusting sort of person, you will get hurt, "accidentally" of course.

to see more of capoeira outside a video arcade, i recommend the following movies:

-rooftops, 1989.

very, very bad. only worth watching because of the capoeira, which was given a different name in the movie.

-only the strong, 1993.

a marginally better movie, with some good music. most people will recognise the mazda song "zoom zoom zoom". it also has real capoeiristas performing in the beginning and end of the film. marc dacascos was trained by a real capoeira instructor prior to the film.

-catwoman, 2004.

a complete waste of halle berry, but she trained hard for the movie, and even got injured performing her own stunts.

-ocean's twelve, 2004.

the moves performed by the "night fox" as he prepares for his heist are typical capoeira.

-blade, 1998.

-blade2, 2002.

-blade trinity, 2004. aside from having a fifth degree black belt in karate, wesley snipes is also a highly ranked practicioner of capoeira.

wow... where can i learn capoeira? and how much it would cost?

nice one. if i ever get back to the noble and ever loyal i'll definitely check this out.

for all you tekken fans, check out www.mandinga.org, get to know mestre marcelo, and find out what his connection to eddie bravo is.

sorry, i meant eddie gordo the tekken character, not eddie "twister" bravo the bjj fighter who defeated royler gracie at abu dhabi.

Do you guys know where I can enroll for amature wrestling or greco roman wrestling? im already taking in boxing and a have been taking bjj for years now pero bilib lang kasi ako sa balance and ground control ng mga wrestlers. galing nila mag designate ng weight nila sa matt.

If you have info and how much it would cost please post it here.

THANKS GUYS!!!!

Do you guys know where I can enroll for amature wrestling or greco roman wrestling? im already taking in boxing and a have been taking bjj for years now pero bilib lang kasi ako sa balance and ground control ng mga wrestlers. galing nila mag designate ng weight nila sa matt.

THANKS GUYS!!!!

WAP in rizal memorial

Want to start. Always liked the dance aspect of it... are lessons still offered at Centro Flamenco? Any other gyms or centers where i can start at?

i'd like to do capoeira also!!!

hey guys, did you ever get to check out the capoeira class?

THANKS GUYS!!!!

freestyle wrestling kicks arse, catch wrestling not only kicks arse, it breaks it and serves it for lunch...

hey leloup tnx for your effort , yup pls let me know if they would have any seminar or anything about practicing with them

enewiz

here's info on the new squadron loaction para makabawi naman ako sayo

Alphamale,

Good news! Submission Dungeon Brotherhood will hold another training on Reality Based Self Defense (RBSD). You can e-mail Mumbakki Daniel Foronda at mumbakki@pacific.net.ph for details. Mumbakki is the head of Submission Dungeon, he's udefeated at URCC.

To those who are interested in FMA, you can also join, just e-mail Mumbakki directly.

Training with Submission Dungeon Brotherhood is by invitation only. They don't accept walk-ins unless they are referred by a member. So don't miss this opportunity.

By the way, don't expect to be sponsored by me, I'm not a member. Just helping out the group.

Alphamale,

Good news! Submission Dungeon Brotherhood will hold another training on Reality Based Self Defense (RBSD). You can e-mail Mumbakki Daniel Foronda at mumbakki@pacific.net.ph for details. Mumbakki is the head of Submission Dungeon, he's udefeated at URCC.

To those who are interested in FMA, you can also join, just e-mail Mumbakki directly.

Training with Submission Dungeon Brotherhood is by invitation only. They don't accept walk-ins unless they are referred by a member. So don't miss this opportunity.

By the way, don't expect to be sponsored by me, I'm not a member. Just helping out the group.

Wow thnx pare! Ill shoot him an email...Many thnx uli tol :thumbsupsmiley: