Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Nonono, I was just messing around. No Add/Remove program will be able to do the work. Even VMWare support would never support 5.5.x installations on Win Vista and 7 due to extreme incompatibility issues. If I'd want to uninstall VMWare 5.5.x on windows 7, I'd have to follow a very strict systematic process or else, it'd be hell removing it completely from my system.

Let's just say uninstalling legacy VMWare on unsupported OS'es like Win7 is a pain in the arse. VMWare 5.5.x was never compatible with Windows Vista and its successors to begin with. I just made it work because I used Win7's compatibility feature. Removing it is another story. Win7 support starts with VMWare 6.x.x.

Tol, ano bang model yang hard drive mo? Try mo pag sinaksak mo sa USB slot mo, i feel mo kung parang umiikot yung loob. Kung umiikot pa yan, me pag asa pa yan. Anu ba nangyari diyan, nabagsak?

di siya nabagsak, nasa loob kasi siya ng bagahe nung pauwi ako galing ibang bansa siguro nadaganan, umiikot pa naman, di nga lang ma detect kahit saang computer or laptop, simpletech yung brand tol.... sana you could help dami kasi important na files dun...

B) is there any way for me to be able to utilize the space of my hard disk which is reserved as oem...it consists of 10gig and since i replaced the original hd of my vaio laptop i am having a hard time getting rid of that oem...any ideas how i could clear this space...thanks... B)

Debug the hdd. Check this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106419

-F 220 L1000 0 (ENTER)

-A CS: 100 (ENTER)

xxxx:0100 MOV AX,301 (ENTER)

xxxx:0103 MOV BX,200 (ENTER)

xxxx:0106 MOV CX,1 (ENTER)

xxxx:0109 MOV DX,80 (ENTER) <---"80" for hd1, "81" for hd2 >

xxxx:010C INT 13 (ENTER)

xxxx:010E INT 20 (ENTER)

xxxx:0110 (ENTER) <-------BLANK LINE "VERY IMPORTANT" >

-G (ENTER)

Program terminated normally

- (CTRL)-(ALT)-(DEL) to reboot system

B) thanks a bunch again for the help miss samanthajones...when it really comes to computer queries your the "woman"...till next time... B)

Debug the hdd. Check this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106419

-F 220 L1000 0 (ENTER)

-A CS: 100 (ENTER)

xxxx:0100 MOV AX,301 (ENTER)

xxxx:0103 MOV BX,200 (ENTER)

xxxx:0106 MOV CX,1 (ENTER)

xxxx:0109 MOV DX,80 (ENTER) <---"80" for hd1, "81" for hd2 >

xxxx:010C INT 13 (ENTER)

xxxx:010E INT 20 (ENTER)

xxxx:0110 (ENTER) <-------BLANK LINE "VERY IMPORTANT" >

-G (ENTER)

Program terminated normally

- (CTRL)-(ALT)-(DEL) to reboot system

di siya nabagsak, nasa loob kasi siya ng bagahe nung pauwi ako galing ibang bansa siguro nadaganan, umiikot pa naman, di nga lang ma detect kahit saang computer or laptop, simpletech yung brand tol.... sana you could help dami kasi important na files dun...

Na try mo na rin ba gumamit ng ibang USB cable? Ang alam ko kasi me pag asa pa yan pag me warranty pa yan, ang pagkakaalam ko diyan, lalo na pag sa toshiba ata, tinatanggal nila yung mga plotter(or platter?) tapos me ginagawa to retrieve the files

Na try mo na rin ba gumamit ng ibang USB cable? Ang alam ko kasi me pag asa pa yan pag me warranty pa yan, ang pagkakaalam ko diyan, lalo na pag sa toshiba ata, tinatanggal nila yung mga plotter(or platter?) tapos me ginagawa to retrieve the files

na try ko na lahat pati palit ng cord palit nd laptop or computer para ma detect siya pero wla pa rin eh.... any guys could help please...

help naman, i inserted a memory stick duo sa card slot ko and it got stuck, so while the laptop is on i tried to shake it out. my gf saw me tapos sabi nya i shut down ko daw saka ko tanggalin ung memory stik so un gnawa ko. nung natanggal ko na tapos start ko uli, di na nagboot vista ko. what should i do to fix it?

help naman, i inserted a memory stick duo sa card slot ko and it got stuck, so while the laptop is on i tried to shake it out. my gf saw me tapos sabi nya i shut down ko daw saka ko tanggalin ung memory stik so un gnawa ko. nung natanggal ko na tapos start ko uli, di na nagboot vista ko. what should i do to fix it?

do you get any error or you just get a black screen? try reseating the hard drive

B) repost lang po...and by the way when i check the disk management, it appears as disk 1...help please... B)

i'm not sure if the debug script will work on an external hdd...what exactly do you really wanna do?

Edited by SamanthaJones
B) i would want to utilize the 10gig space the oem is taking up...since even if i reformat the drive i cant seem to get rid of that 10 gig reserved for that purpose...is there any way for me to be able to do so...said hd was originally from my vaio laptop before i upgraded my hd... B)

B) i would want to utilize the 10gig space the oem is taking up...since even if i reformat the drive i cant seem to get rid of that 10 gig reserved for that purpose...is there any way for me to be able to do so...said hd was originally from my vaio laptop before i upgraded my hd... B)

Isn't that 10gb space showing up on the partition list?

things that you could try :

- pay a visit to your BIOS. load defults. check if the hdd is detected.

- reseat HDD (hello mare! --sj :P )

- where does it usually stop? BIOS? windows welcome screen? are we talking about a BSOD? a simple black screen? o nagfreeze sa isang window lang?

- need to verify if we are looking at a no post or a no boot issue. :)

B) repost lang po...and by the way when i check the disk management, it appears as disk 1...help please... B)

aloha!

ah eh... di ba gumana sa disk management>right click on the f: and format? :huh:

pero kung trip mo talaga mag fdisk/debug eh wala na ako magagawa :lol: :lol: :lol:

kung gusto mo talaga maging sure, tangalin mo ung internal hdd mo. iwan mo lang ung external hdd na nakakabit. boot from the cd and try to change the directory to the f:. Di naman kailangan nang internal hdd para sa gusto mo mangyari eh :)

• 2 weeks later...

mga bossing. tanung ko lang po kasi everytime i swith ko ang avr ng pc ko nag spark ang powersupply ko.dati hindi naman ganun.tulong naman kung paano ko aayusin.nasira na ang dati kong powersupply pos bumili ulit ako.nung una hindi pa naman nag spark pero after a week nagspark ulit.hindi pa naman nasisira ang new power supply ko kaso baka bumitaw na din..maraming salamt po..

This happened to me many years ago. I had a jaz drive that I put in my checked-in suitcase and when I got to Manila the drive wouldn't work anymore. At that time zip drive pa lang ang meron sa Manila. I've learned my lesson since then - if it's computer equipment, I'll handcarry it no matter how heavy it is.

Edited by luvsex

When you buy a motherboard, is it supposed to include a cd installer/driver? I recently had a new motherboard (Biostar) installed at a village pc shop. When it was returned to me, there was no cd. The previous motherboard (Redfox) had a cd inside the box.

usually it comes in with its on cd otherwise check the mobo oem website for the updated drivers