Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

What Router are you using? Let Me guess, Linksys WRT54G2? Did you use the CD that came with the package contents?

oh sorry it's not, i have a WRT320N. yup, ran the CD first, but on the checking network connections, that error popped out. tried other bypass solutions that i found in other forums, but nothing.

oh sorry it's not, i have a WRT320N. yup, ran the CD first, but on the checking network connections, that error popped out. tried other bypass solutions that i found in other forums, but nothing.

are you installing in windows xp, vista or windows 7? if you're using vista or 7 try opening the installation folder, look for the setup.exe file right click then select run as administrator ^_^

im using google chrome. lately napansin ko bigla na lang nawawala ang browser so i have to start it again.

then sometimes. na reredirect sa multiply site ko even if im in FB. why is that? na virus ba ko?

When you say "nawawala" do you mean the google chrome window closes? It might be corrupted or infected with malware. If you get redirects it's possible that your browser may have been hijacked which is not necessarily caused by a virus. You computer might be infected with Spyware. Turn off system restore. Try running Malwarebytes.

Edited by SamanthaJones

yes samantha jones. chrome closes even if im just scrolling down or up

is it advisable to uninstall chrome? and reinstall again if it's corrupted.

how do i turn off system restore and running malwarebytes? thanks for the advice.

yeah try uninstalling google chrome first. if it doesn't work let me know.

good day mods/admins/IT experts.. p-help nman po.. tnong lng sir, meron po b software pra mrecover ung mga deleted files due to formatting? may i cite this po, it happens when my brother accidentally deleted our hard disk partition while formatting and installing Windows 7.. all my files literally wiped out.. badly needed lng tlaga some of my files and self-generated programs, gnagmit ko s kc shop and sa side jobs.. i'll really appreciate for any suggestions and advises from you guys.. thanks in advnce.. :D

good day mods/admins/IT experts.. p-help nman po.. tnong lng sir, meron po b software pra mrecover ung mga deleted files due to formatting? may i cite this po, it happens when my brother accidentally deleted our hard disk partition while formatting and installing Windows 7.. all my files literally wiped out.. badly needed lng tlaga some of my files and self-generated programs, gnagmit ko s kc shop and sa side jobs.. i'll really appreciate for any suggestions and advises from you guys.. thanks in advnce.. :D

There are a lot of recovery software avaible some of them are free, some free to try but most if you need the full functionality comes in with a fee.

Try RECUVA click this link http://www.piriform.com/recuva

im using google chrome. lately napansin ko bigla na lang nawawala ang browser so i have to start it again.

then sometimes. na reredirect sa multiply site ko even if im in FB. why is that? na virus ba ko?

malamang nga hijacked. if os is xp, try also downloading dr. webcureit (using a different browser or from a different pc). then reboot in safe mode. run the program. pag may nadetect, remove. reboot normally then open your chrome. pag hinde nag work.. hanapin mo na si dra. samanthajones dito. hehehe! :P

Edited by -wet-

actually sir, reformatting a drive doesn't mean erasing the files, unless you use an eraser program. maraming mga companies na nag o-offer ng retrieval. yun nga nga lang may bayad. correct si sj, try mo recuva.

malamang nga hijacked. if os is xp, try also downloading dr. webcureit (using a different browser or from a different pc). then reboot in safe mode. run the program. pag may nadetect, remove. reboot normally then open your chrome. pag hinde nag work.. hanapin mo na si dra. samanthajones dito. hehehe! :P

Ahahahaha talagang DR? baliw!

still the same doc samantha jones after i uninstalled chrome. btw pano ba mag safe mode? F8 ba? forgot already. ty

Ako na mag-reply. :D

Tap the f8 button repeatedly habang nagboboot ang pc.

Lalabas dapat diyan ang boot options, and then select safe mode with networking. :)

Sorry for the late rep, I haven't visited this thread for quite awhile.

Alright, hmm... Try to reset your router back to factory default by pressing that tiny hole for 10 seconds at the back of the router. It is usually found near the 4 ethernet ports. You'll notice the "1 , 2, 3, 4" on the router's front panel is blinking fast. Once is it doing that, it is now ok to release the button. After that, it should restart(you should not connect any devices to the router just yet). Unplug the power from your router for about 5 seconds, then plug it again.

On your PC's side, just set your Local Area Connection to dynamic.

Take your PCs other side of the ethernet cable and plug it into any of the four ports of the router. You should see the number on the router's front panel lit up. Now try to observe if your taskbar will give a pop up ballon that says "Local Area Connected".

Run a command prompt, then issuing ipconfig on the "C:/>" prompt. You should be getting 192.168.0.100 or 192.168.1.100 on your IP address. Check your default gateway, it should be either 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.254, 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.1.254. Those are the common addressing schemes for home routers. Afterwards issue a "ping" command on the same command prompt, it should look like this "C:/>ping <inser default gateway IP>" or "C:/>ping 192.168.1.1" then press enter, you should see something like a reply, and not a "request timed out".

If you managed to get this far, just let me know.

I could give this to you screenshot by screenshot, just let me know what Operating system you are using

Edited by polofalltrades

PC gurus hope you can help me out,

i have problems loading a couple of websites, hindi totally naglload. i tried it on other browsers (IE,firefox, chrome, safari).

i used to have kaspersky, totally uninstalled it.

im using Win7 home premium, 64 bit

just a couple of lines from, firefox error console :

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'white-space'. Declaration dropped.

Source File: http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/zCJCR/hash/a9n5je9w.css

Line: 184

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'height'. Declaration dropped.

Source File: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home

Line: 0

if you have any other questions that would help you, help me fix the problem. just post it up.

hello, newbie question, pag may virus na ba ang pc at wala akong anti virus software, ang gagawin ko lang ba ay mag install ng anti virus software para tanggalin yong infected pc? salamat

i think depende sa tindi ng virus na kumapit sa pc mo.. just like what happened to my friend's unit.. meron ng nka-install na anti-virus, then he suspect na mukang my virus ung pc nya.. he tried to update his anti-virus protection pro ayw mg-update.. so what he did is uninstall his current anti-virus then install new anti-virus, pro ayw n rin mg-install, parng n-bblock na ata ng virus, ganun ata kpag trojan and worms..

hello, newbie question, pag may virus na ba ang pc at wala akong anti virus software, ang gagawin ko lang ba ay mag install ng anti virus software para tanggalin yong infected pc? salamat

may or may not work, depend on how intrusive the "virus" is. suggest if you're not sure how to take it out, just format your hard drive and install a fresh copy of windows.

otherwise.

try troubleshooting the "virus" in safe mode. are you sure its a virus not a spyware? what messages are you getting?

PC gurus hope you can help me out,

i have problems loading a couple of websites, hindi totally naglload. i tried it on other browsers (IE,firefox, chrome, safari).

i used to have kaspersky, totally uninstalled it.

im using Win7 home premium, 64 bit

just a couple of lines from, firefox error console :

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'white-space'. Declaration dropped.

Source File: http://static.ak.fbc...sh/a9n5je9w.css

Line: 184

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'height'. Declaration dropped.

Source File: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home

Line: 0

if you have any other questions that would help you, help me fix the problem. just post it up.

if you're in safe mode with networking - does it work?

I have a problem po. I'm using windows 7. I Installed VMWare 5.5.01. Pag ni u uninstall ko po yung VMWare ko, I get the bluescreen window of death. Pa help po plleassee! Lol!

(BTW, I just used system restore here. Hirap maghanap ng tamang pag uninstall sa old school na VMWare ampota)

Edited by polofalltrades

I have a problem po. I'm using windows 7. I Installed VMWare 5.5.01. Pag ni u uninstall ko po yung VMWare ko, I get the bluescreen window of death. Pa help po plleassee! Lol!

(BTW, I just used system restore here. Hirap maghanap ng tamang pag uninstall sa old school na VMWare ampota)

Have you tried uninstalling using windows clean up utility or revo uninstaller?

Did you try to just upgrade instead of removing it?

What's the bsod stop error code that you get?

Did you tried the repair windows option in the installation disc that you have? i may resolve the problem but the My Documents folder may be emptied...