Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Sorry for the late rep, I haven't visited this thread for quite awhile.

Alright, hmm... Try to reset your router back to factory default by pressing that tiny hole for 10 seconds at the back of the router. It is usually found near the 4 ethernet ports. You'll notice the "1 , 2, 3, 4" on the router's front panel is blinking fast. Once is it doing that, it is now ok to release the button. After that, it should restart(you should not connect any devices to the router just yet). Unplug the power from your router for about 5 seconds, then plug it again.

On your PC's side, just set your Local Area Connection to dynamic.

Take your PCs other side of the ethernet cable and plug it into any of the four ports of the router. You should see the number on the router's front panel lit up. Now try to observe if your taskbar will give a pop up ballon that says "Local Area Connected".

Run a command prompt, then issuing ipconfig on the "C:/>" prompt. You should be getting 192.168.0.100 or 192.168.1.100 on your IP address. Check your default gateway, it should be either 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.254, 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.1.254. Those are the common addressing schemes for home routers. Afterwards issue a "ping" command on the same command prompt, it should look like this "C:/>ping <inser default gateway IP>" or "C:/>ping 192.168.1.1" then press enter, you should see something like a reply, and not a "request timed out".

If you managed to get this far, just let me know.

I could give this to you screenshot by screenshot, just let me know what Operating system you are using

>stand alone friend u only use ping to check the connectivity of ur internet, go to network connections ryt click on ur lan network click properties, click internet protocol maual obtain the ip 192.168.1.1 tab 192.168.1.1 click ok, open a browser on the main browser type 192.168.1.1 viola!

Guys,

I just want to ask for advice how to remove the WGA notification during PC start-up. I used pirated software when i installed my OS and thats the reason why it happened. Kindly give me solution(s) how to resolve this issue that's bothering me every start-up

Thanks in Advance!

then purchase a genuine OS cd :P

Edited by ativan

Good day!

Ask ko lang po kung may shop sa Gilmore or Greenhills na pede mag-access ng HDD ng laptop ko? Nabasag kasi last week and lumang modelo na ren. Tapos kanina may error ako nakuha nung kinabit ko sa ibang monitor "windows/system32/config//system". Gusto ko lang makuha yung files sa My Document if possible.

Good day!

Ask ko lang po kung may shop sa Gilmore or Greenhills na pede mag-access ng HDD ng laptop ko? Nabasag kasi last week and lumang modelo na ren. Tapos kanina may error ako nakuha nung kinabit ko sa ibang monitor "windows/system32/config//system". Gusto ko lang makuha yung files sa My Document if possible.

Hi :)

You just need to copy the missing files to the C:\windows folder (check this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545 )or do a parallel installation of windows so that you can still access your files but then sometimes it's a sign that your hard drive is already busted.

Edited by SamanthaJones

Guys,

I just want to ask for advice how to remove the WGA notification during PC start-up. I used pirated software when i installed my OS and thats the reason why it happened. Kindly give me solution(s) how to resolve this issue that's bothering me every start-up

Thanks in Advance!

click start/run/msconfig/startup then hanapin mo yan WGA tapos uncheck mo then reboot

Guys,

Thanks in Advance!

From wiki how

1. Open a Command Prompt window by clicking on Start -> Run. Type CMD and press OK.
  2. 4Change Directory into the System32 Folder (type cd \windows\system32)
  3. 5Open a Notepad window and type the following lines:
    • taskkill -IM wgatray.exe
    • del wgatray.exe
    • del wgalogon.old

[*]6Highlight and copy the three lines above to the Clipboard.[*]7Paste the contents of the Clipboard to Command Prompt.[*]8This should k*ll the wgatray.exe process from the Taskbar and immediately delete both files wgatray.exe and wgalogon.dll without the need to to go through all steps bellow.[*]9If that does not work, follow the steps below:[*]10Open System32 by either of the following methods:

[*]11In "system32", go to "Tools" > "Folder options", click on the tab, "View", and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" if it is not already.[*]12Check to make sure the window that comes up has a full screen of various files. The files are in alphabetical order, which makes it easier to locate the specific file.[*]13 http://pad3.whstatic.com/images/c/c3/Wgarenme.png Find "WgaLogon.dll" and rename it "WgaLogon.dll.bak".[*]14Create an empty copy of WgaLogon.dll:

[*]15Be ready to complete the next two steps very quickly! Find "WgaTray.exe" in "system32" and delete it. You will then have 5 seconds to find "WgaTray.exe" in the Task Manager (the next step). NOTE: If you remove the files mentioned above while you are in "Safe Mode," step #8 is unnecessary.[*]16 http://pad2.whstatic.com/images/9/94/Tskenproctb.png Immediately open Task Manager. You can do this by pressing the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys simultaneously, pressing the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously, or right clicking the Taskbar and selecting "Task Manager". Click on the process tab and click end process when "WgaTray.exe" is selected. Note: If you take longer, do not panic! All that will happen is that "WgaTray.exe" will keep reappearing in the processes list (i.e. you won't be able to delete it as required). To remove the notifications after this, return to system32. You will find two files:"WgaLogon.dll.bak" (the one you renamed) and an Application Extension (0KB) called "WgaLogon.dll". Delete the Application Extension, rename "WgaLogon.dll.bak" to "WgaLogon.dll" and repeat the steps from the fifth one onwards (at a greater speed!!).[*]17Restart your computer once you have finished. All the notification messages should be gone.

Rename Method

1. 1Open a CMD window by clicking on Start -> Run -> type CMD and click OK.
  2. 2Open a Notepad window (Start -> Run type NOTEPAD click OK) and type or copy (select the lines, and then press Ctrl-C) the following lines and paste (Ctrl-V) into the Notepad window:
    • CD %systemroot%\system32
    • rename wgatray.exe wgatray.exe.bak
    • rename wgalogon.old wgalogon.old.bak
    • rename LegitCheckControl.dll LegitCheckControl.dll.bak
    • taskkill /F /T /IM wgatray.exe
    • del wgatray.exe.bak
    • del wgalogon.old.bak
    • del LegitCheckControl.old.bak

[*]3Make sure there is a blank line at the end of the text document, right after the last line.[*]4Select all the text (Ctrl-A) and copy to the clipboard (Ctrl-C)[*]5Paste the clipboard into the CMD Window (right click -> Paste)[*]6This should k*ll the wgatray.exe process and delete the files it uses.

>stand alone friend u only use ping to check the connectivity of ur internet, go to network connections ryt click on ur lan network click properties, click internet protocol maual obtain the ip 192.168.1.1 tab 192.168.1.1 click ok, open a browser on the main browser type 192.168.1.1 viola!

no my friend, ping/icmp echo is practically used on troubleshooting most network related problems. It usually what we call as "The First Step" :)

Good day!

try mo Hiren's BootCD 11.1

mga bossing. tanung ko lang po kasi everytime i swith ko ang avr ng pc ko nag spark ang powersupply ko.dati hindi naman ganun.tulong naman kung paano ko aayusin.nasira na ang dati kong powersupply pos bumili ulit ako.nung una hindi pa naman nag spark pero after a week nagspark ulit.hindi pa naman nasisira ang new power supply ko kaso baka bumitaw na din..maraming salamt po..

check mo muna yun power cord ng laptop saka yun wiring ng avr mo for defects for example try mo plug ibang appliances mo baka naman defective na talaga avr mo