Masteral - Any Plans?

• 4 weeks later...

Naisip na din mag-take ng mastera sa ECE or CompSci. Di naman kelangan sa trabaho, pero useful kung mag-RnD ako sa labas ng Pinas. Kaso ang layo ng UP Diliman eh.

Saan ka based? Makati-based ako with work at Boni in Mandaluyong. Twice a wk ako sa Diliman. Not easy, but worth it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MBA locally is a super waste of time.

Just like my ex said, "magbasa ka na lang ng maraming books and attend ng maraming seminars".

And if you think an MBA will push your credentials to a higher plane? Think again. Ask those who have taken their masters and get their insights whether their educational background pushed their resumes forward. Chances are, it is their experience that peddled them to their current position.

Ang daming MBA graduates na di man lang marunong ng basics ng business forecasting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing that sir. Di ko naisip yan as an option. Great thing you've mentioned that. :)

Yep, dami naman dyan pagpipilian na fellowship, may US, Germany, or Japan. Kahit yung tipong sobrang short-term lang masusulit naman.

Sa pinas kasi, kung magpostgrad tayo, kelangan din natin magtrabaho minsan. Pero kung sa ibang bansa tututok ka lang sa studies mo at ikaw pa babayaran. Plus who knows? pwede ka pa makakuha employment opportunity dun kung ayaw mo pa agad umuwi.

Although syempre kung dyan, mas madali ang buhay mo dahil malapit ka sa family mo.

• 4 weeks later...

mga sir and mam, advice naman po..

ano po kayang magandang masteral course para sakin?

im an ECE grad (not licensed) currently working as an Assistant Manager sa isang Manufacturing Industry.

I plan to work sa government after 5 more years here kaya kumuha ako ng Civil Service Exam and nakapasa na.

Ano po kaya ang bagay na masters degree para sakin na magagamit ko dun sa 2 field of choice ko???

Thanks in advance

mga sir and mam, advice naman po..

ano po kayang magandang masteral course para sakin?

im an ECE grad (not licensed) currently working as an Assistant Manager sa isang Manufacturing Industry.

I plan to work sa government after 5 more years here kaya kumuha ako ng Civil Service Exam and nakapasa na.

Ano po kaya ang bagay na masters degree para sakin na magagamit ko dun sa 2 field of choice ko???

Thanks in advance

I'm from the private sector. However, most of my friends from the government pursued a higher degree in Public Administration in order to climb the bureaucratic ladder (Master's and Doctorate degrees).

Since you are from the private sector, go check the university you plan to study in for the admission requirements.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm from the private sector. However, most of my friends from the government pursued a higher degree in Public Administration in order to climb the bureaucratic ladder (Master's and Doctorate degrees).

Since you are from the private sector, go check the university you plan to study in for the admission requirements.

thanks mam.. Actually marami namang malapit na University na pwede pagpilian na maraming offer na degree courses, its just that i want to make sure what degree I should take.

thanks mam.. Actually marami namang malapit na University na pwede pagpilian na maraming offer na degree courses, its just that i want to make sure what degree I should take.

No problem. I meant to say check the admission requirements for public administration if you will pursue it. Some schools only admit government employees, so check them.

Since you're planning to study, choöse the best one you can afford or handle course-wise. why settle for anything less?

:-)

No problem. I meant to say check the admission requirements for public administration if you will pursue it. Some schools only admit government employees, so check them.

Since you're planning to study, choöse the best one you can afford or handle course-wise. why settle for anything less?

:-)

ayun!! di ko alam na may school pala na ganun! hehe.. yes mam thanks ulit sa advice.. i would choose the best of both worlds (affordable and have credibility)

A friend suggested MBA, which one is better? MPA or MBA???