Masteral - Any Plans?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I was taking my MBA, I had really sharp and smart classmates who during the course of our MBA program got promoted or were pirated by other companies. As a result of their promotion or being pirated, these sharp & smart guys (and some gals) had to quit their MBA studies to focus on their new jobs. A lot of them never made it back to the MBA program to finish. You could look at being promoted or pirated in the midst of taking an MBA a curse or a blessing.....

So it was that a running joke among MBA students then was those that eventually remained and finished the MBA were really passed over for promotion or were not attractive enough to be pirated...an ironic blessing that allowed them to finish and get an MBA.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

MBA or any masteral for that - if you want to move the corporate ladder quickly, or you want to teach as a sideline or after retirement.

If you are in an IT position, masteral degrees do not matter, but certifications.

i am in an executive position now, used to be an IT professional, but with engineering background. I have passed the board exams, have some technical certifications and have significant business and management experience, pero wala akong masteral. But I am planning to get one soon dahil I want to retire early and start a teaching job..

just started with mpa on a public university.... nakakapanibago since matagal na tengga..... from doing research.... lots of reading etc etc.... pampa kunswelo lang yung magkaroon ka ng magandang classmate na pwedeng manyakin discreetly during class hahahaha.

imho.... it better to take your masters on public/state universities especially if you have a tight budget, since some professors there are also products of exclusive or well known schools. having good education without spending much :)

• 2 weeks later...

just started with mpa on a public university.... nakakapanibago since matagal na tengga..... from doing research.... lots of reading etc etc.... pampa kunswelo lang yung magkaroon ka ng magandang classmate na pwedeng manyakin discreetly during class hahahaha.

imho.... it better to take your masters on public/state universities especially if you have a tight budget, since some professors there are also products of exclusive or well known schools. having good education without spending much :)

Sir, is it true that UP (or all universities) review your college transcript (and had to be good) to be accepted to their masters program? I'm planning to take up my MBA but still thinking about it and where I could take it. I took up Engineering in college but MBA would fit better on my career. But Engineering wasn't really too easy for me, therefore just got the average grades. TIA

Sir, is it true that UP (or all universities) review your college transcript (and had to be good) to be accepted to their masters program? I'm planning to take up my MBA but still thinking about it and where I could take it. I took up Engineering in college but MBA would fit better on my career. But Engineering wasn't really too easy for me, therefore just got the average grades. TIA

I had my BS degree from UP Diliman with a weighted average of 2.77, hardly spectacular in fact very mediocre. Applied and got in at AGSB where I eventually got my MBA. Grades is just one of several factors graduate schools consider. It goes with saying that I was not a top pick during admission, I probably was at the tail end of the batch when I got in. I had a lot of batchmates who were engineers from Adamson & Mapua who finished, in fact they were very good at the quantitative aspects of business analysis.

I'm currently pursuing my "liberal studies" graduate (MA) school degree here abroad.

Undergraduate (bachelor's) GPA is often considered, however, most schools do not entirely rely on grades alone for admission. My admission "package" that I submitted consisted of transcripts, a ten-page essay, a resume, a statement of purpose (or a letter of intent, whichever you want to call it), and a list of references/recommendations. Sufficing to say, that despite having an "ordinary-but-just-slid-past-the-threshold-kind-of" GPA, the school was more meticulous and critical on the sample paper than my undergraduate grades.

Edited by westell
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...