Masteral - Any Plans?

Done with both my MA and PhD. Not in the best US school though.😊

Here's my humble opinion, and an unsolicited one: please do it within 5 years out of college. Two or three years after college graduation is the best option. If you can get a scholarship in the US and London, that would be the best. Stanford, USC, Santa Clara, UCLA and UC Berkeley have the best options in the Pacific/West. Of course we have plenty of choices in the East. If you have at least a cum laude in our Big 4, that would be great! Scholarship means free tuition, free food, free house within the campus and stipend/allowance of around $800-1,500 depending on the wealth (endowment funds) of the school. Aika Robredo enjoyed all that in Harvard. 

You can use your MBA/MA/MS/PhD even in your personal businesses.  Google founder Larry Page uses it in constantly improving his craft. All of us too (even if you finish your college in a provincial state college) can potentially achieve the same or similar feat! Good luck to all of us Sir/Madams!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 11:12 AM, Andy Lasinggero said:

Which school has the best MBA: Ateneo, AIM or DLSU? Yung UP MBA kasi mukhang di kilala. Mas kilala ang UP Economics, not MBA. 

AIM

btw, for everyone's info, the word MASTERAL does not exist in any English dictionary

Edited by Kevin Kwan
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finished my mba sa ateneo. If you want to pursue it, do it for higher learning and for gaining more knowledge and not because you think it will help your career or get a promotion. Sure getting those three letters may get you a promotion. Most of us friends sa class namin na promote afterwards including myself pero it's not bec of the degree. It's still up to you to show your skills. Experience is still a better teacher. Is there a sense of fulfilment in finishing a master's degree? Hell yes. 

• 2 months later...

I got my masters first in a government school in Taft, a well known blue themed school in Makati, and an expensive international school in Makati. There was no apparent difference in what i learned despite the difference. in reference materials. The Taft based was affordable and relaxed. The exclusive school in Makati, has a more strict course,  while the international school had the strictest, most intensive. program. This allows you to immerse yourself most than the other schools.  If I may. put it in simpler words, sa isa puwede iskul bukol at sa lecturer ka aasa;  sa pangalawa,  magbabasa ka ng libro; sa pangatlo, kailangan interactions with classmates to gain insights and. applications.  This is not to say wala discussions sa other two but mas intense sya na kahit mag stay in ka sa. school, hindi pa rin enough time.

Ang importante recognized sila tatlo. Ikaw hahanapin work. 

As one distinguished gentleman mentioned, if you are at least within 5 years after college graduation, Harvard offers scholarship. Preferred mga bata. Online lang inquiry and by appointment even before the pandemic. Hindi puwede walk in inquiry. Leadership course lang kinuha ko dun and ilan months lang. Cost of one entry level MG car inabot. Please note, grabe lamig ng Boston kung mag aral ka dun.

On 11/5/2022 at 10:08 PM, Jpass said:

Is MBA worth? For going into business, learning the business side of the company. Or should I just specialize in my field?

For me no, take CFA instead. CFA 1 is about 70k+ including membership, books, examination fee. It gives you an edge sa business-related industries. If you are good enough and actually finish til CFA 3 malaki ang return, plus hindi mo need super mastress sa projects/ thesis etc., pero need talaga mag aral mabuti since madugo yung topics sa CFA. May topic dun, isang buong page yung computation :) GL!

PS. actually looks expensive pero come to think of it, ilang sems ka din mag eenroll sa GS, halos same lang pero at least kung balak mo mag ibang bansa kilala ang CFA