reduced when the market rebound, that is what i can say, i really feel it when i was in hongkong last week. What is the worst senario for listening to me? u will not earn, but, u wont loose anything. But, if it really becomes bearish market, it will be disaster for u. Some of my friend has already disappeared 50kpeso just this month, worst case is 30% of the capital, sigh...

• 2 weeks later...

sa tagal ko nang hindi bumibisita sa MTC, ngayon ko lang nakita 'tong thread na 'to.

well, anyway. here's my concern and i hope you guys can help me out.

i got a small share from one of the biggest network in this country. its initial price was P8.50 and i was lucky enough to have 3000 worth of share. i heard that the share is now at 11.50 or 10 something.

i am curious of how the stock market works and how i can play with the stocks i have. can i use my share from this network to buy another stock? how much is the usual initial price? do i really need a broker? help, anyone. thanks!

best x gf - ill try my best to feed your curiousity, but first kung gma hawak mo, pls check it, you might be loosing money na...nasa 6 nacya ngyn...

go to the web site howthingswork.com.....there you will get some roots on how the market work...try to make online research so you would understand...then kng gs2 mo i career ng bahagya online brokers like citiseconline.com the give free seminars. yes a advise you to get a broker...ung citisec okey na un...you can read a lot of tips and advices there to guide you on what to and what not to buy, take not advice lng un...its your gut feel parin ika nga...

anyways pls pm me if there are more things i can help you with...there are a lot of approach in playing the stock market kc

sa tagal ko nang hindi bumibisita sa MTC, ngayon ko lang nakita 'tong thread na 'to.

i got a small share from one of the biggest network in this country. its initial price was P8.50 and i was lucky enough to have 3000 worth of share. i heard that the share is now at 11.50 or 10 something.

i am curious of how the stock market works and how i can play with the stocks i have. can i use my share from this network to buy another stock? how much is the usual initial price? do i really need a broker? help, anyone. thanks!

you have to learn fundamental anaylysis and technical analysis. please dont just go by "gut-feel" otherwise you might as well just flip a coin to make your decisions. you need to educate yourself so you can learn what stock to buy (fundamentals), and when to buy it and when to sell it (technicals).

Guest lustfortravel

are you holding on to a physical stock certificate? if you are, then you have two ways to dispose. first, go to a broker, open an account with them and they will ask you to endorse the certificate and fill up some forms/submit requirements. your certificate then has to "clear" first before they can sell it in the market. clearing i believe takes around 2-3 weeks ( guys, correct me if i am wrong), again it will depend on the stock transfer office and how fast they can process this. by the time the broker has the go-signal to sell, the price might be different. so be careful.

you can also opt to do it through an online broker ( to reduce the commission fees. over the counter brokers have higher commission rates). scout around and open an account with them . as soon as your application is approved, you can have your stock lodged to your online account. once it is lodged, you can trade it yourself online.

you have to be able to sell your shares of stock first before you can buy another stock from the proceeds. or you can opt to keep your shares in that stock and fund your purchase of another stock separately. by the way, crediting of your account is not done on the same day,there is a t +3 or 4 days ( again, correct me anyone if i'm giving the wrong info). so for example, if you sell on a monday, your account will be credited on thursday if it is t +3. to be sure, check with your broker of choice.

do you need a broker? yes, whether its over the counter or online. that's the only way you can dispose of your shares.

Edited by lustfortravel

at 3000 shares that you got for Php 8.50, you've shelled out Php 25,500 for that.

at current value for Php 11.50/share, its value is now Php 34,500.00.

my questions, how long have you've been holding that? have you received dividends already, which in effect, increases that value of Php 34,500?

if you want to hold it pa, you may still. probably in the future, it may still rise up. but if you are not lucky, it may go down.

ang basics ng stock market is to buy low and sell high. basically, you've already earned money from that so you may either keep it or sell it now dahil nag earn ka na. and use the money to buy something other stocks because the market is now low.

the initial price for existing stocks is the close value from the previous trading day. dun ka pwedeng mag start. or wait for IPOs. IPOs are usually the best bet because sometimes (again, depending on the market demand), the values of stocks double up a day after listing. Dyan ako kumita dati, nung kapanahunan ng PETRON and Jollibee, where i usually wait for IPOs and release it after a week. I earned double already. Pero i guess, it may not work now, pero depende pa din sa company. Ang inaabangan kong mag IPO ngayon is yung SHELL, pero mukhang postponed.

You would really need a broker, dahil sila ang nagbebenta ng hawak mo. Hindi ka naman pwedeng dumerecho sa PSE at magbenta sa trading floor.

at 3000 shares that you got for Php 8.50, you've shelled out Php 25,500 for that.

my questions, how long have you've been holding that? have you received dividends already, which in effect, increases that value of Php 34,500?

if you want to hold it pa, you may still. probably in the future, it may still rise up. but if you are not lucky, it may go down.

ang basics ng stock market is to buy low and sell high. basically, you've already earned money from that so you may either keep it or sell it now dahil nag earn ka na. and use the money to buy something other stocks because the market is now low.

the initial price for existing stocks is the close value from the previous trading day. dun ka pwedeng mag start. or wait for IPOs. IPOs are usually the best bet because sometimes (again, depending on the market demand), the values of stocks double up a day after listing. Dyan ako kumita dati, nung kapanahunan ng PETRON and Jollibee, where i usually wait for IPOs and release it after a week. I earned double already. Pero i guess, it may not work now, pero depende pa din sa company. Ang inaabangan kong mag IPO ngayon is yung SHELL, pero mukhang postponed.

You would really need a broker, dahil sila ang nagbebenta ng hawak mo. Hindi ka naman pwedeng dumerecho sa PSE at magbenta sa trading floor.

boss google, looks like you are an expert on this. i recently opened an account for stocks at bpi trade but was holding back on buying stocks coz' m not sure what to buy. i was planning to buy from ayala companies ie globe telecoms, ayala land, etc. and just the other day ROX was inviting for a 33 pesos per share. can u give some advice on stocks to buy, and whats an IPO?

Any takes on ALI and FLI? :headsetsmiley:

FLI has been an underperformer in the market for the last few weeks. This was mainly due to the many irregularities in their accounting (which was pointed out by deutsche bank in their analyst reports)

ALI based on their fundamentals don't look very promising. The signs that signalled a problem with ALI is the fact that they issued 13.3B preferred shares at 10 cents par (effectively raising 1.3B pesos from the offer) plus the recent disclosure to issue 1B common shares to either "acquire assets or raise capital" should raise a few eyebrows.

Reading the financial statements of ALI, one can see that the company is bleeding cash. (meaning that the outflow of cash is greater than the inflow causing a negative cashflow)