mga sir another question. Upon further investigation of my dad's stocks it appears to be class a, class B and preferred stocks what does this mean?

tiningnan ko yung website ng PSE on the preferred stocks wala naman nakalagay na price kung how much na yung trading parang iisang fixed price lang sya.

Pwede po paexplain what does preferred and class stocks are?

Thanks po

mga sir another question. Upon further investigation of my dad's stocks it appears to be class a, class B and preferred stocks what does this mean?

tiningnan ko yung website ng PSE on the preferred stocks wala naman nakalagay na price kung how much na yung trading parang iisang fixed price lang sya.

Pwede po paexplain what does preferred and class stocks are?

Thanks po

Preferred stocks are stocks that have more priority than common stocks. Class A is on top priority. It's based on Dividend pay outs. A Dividend is money that the company pays somebody as a benefit for being a stock owner of its company. It has a higher yield than common stocks. Incase that the company goes bankrupt, it's preferred stock owners get paid first. Although, preferred stocks has no voting rights. Common stocks does. In general, owning preferred stocks is for the long haul and for growth of its value through out time. Your dad bought those stocks for the long run. Find out when and how much was the stock when he bought it and how much dividends did it get.

• 1 month later...

teban,

preferred shares of stocks are usually not listed sa PSE. common shares lang karamihan at yung mga series A,B,C,etc. yung class A and B sometimes hindi rin listed ang share price to be sure check with the company itself (usually may investor relations department sila) kung wala naman better talk to their stock transfer agent. Kung may stock broker ka, duon ka na lang magpa assist

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi guys, already dived into the stock market investment and so far may kinita naman akong konti, though i would like to know more on how to play the stock market. any additional tips and reading materials you have so I can learn more? thanks!

Some go to trust departments or investment houses to invest in GS or Commercial Paper. Some invest in Hongkong/Singapore/Malaysia.

I guess the question pertains to what particular asset class to place/invest your money which would be able to provide "security" considering the global crisis.

With that I agree that GS or ROPs (for $ funds) would be a good secured investment as they have the sovereign guarantee. Commercial Papers ... you have the counterparty risk there ... meaning what if the company goes puff? Its like the risk you take by depositing your money in banks but unfortunately PDIC covers only up to P500K.

Same goes in investing in the countries you mentioned ... what is inherent is again looking at the asset class being offered when you invest in these countries.

Some go to trust departments or investment houses to invest in GS or Commercial Paper. Some invest in Hongkong/Singapore/Malaysia.

I guess the question pertains to what particular asset class to place/invest your money which would be able to provide "security" considering the global crisis.

With that I agree that GS or ROPs (for $ funds) would be a good secured investment as they have the sovereign guarantee. Commercial Papers ... you have the counterparty risk there ... meaning what if the company goes puff? Its like the risk you take by depositing your money in banks but unfortunately PDIC covers only up to P500K.

Same goes in investing in the countries you mentioned ... what is inherent is again looking at the asset class being offered when you invest in these countries.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow mtc's, my inquiry though medyo off-topic dito, since, you people here are all financial experts. I'd like to ask if you have a contacts on SBLC or BG's or mtn's trading. I have a legit provider looking for a taker. Maybe we can do business. Thanks...pm me pls...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

financial gurus, is it advisable to engage in this stock market thing full time? I mean, to treat your investment in the stockmarket as if it's a small business? Maybe invest 100k, and just keep buying and selling stocks, trying to earn money when stocks gain a little, day by day?

If your 100k is extra money then is ok but most likely new commer will not earn but more on lossing except in a bull run any stock will earn. a full time in stock on 100k will not give u much of income for me u can be a trader or full time on stock after year of experience for mean time you can just try to trade a bit to learn the skill there is free seminar in citisec and there are many forum on stock also where you can learn in there discussion.

If your 100k is extra money then is ok but most likely new commer will not earn but more on lossing except in a bull run any stock will earn. a full time in stock on 100k will not give u much of income for me u can be a trader or full time on stock after year of experience for mean time you can just try to trade a bit to learn the skill there is free seminar in citisec and there are many forum on stock also where you can learn in there discussion.

Ok, thank you sir.

• 2 weeks later...