Market climbed because of the huge climb in Wall Street overnight. But, nevertheless, I myself was expecting only a neutral reaction from the market. Today's behavior indicates that the market is still very resilient. As long as Wall Street doesn't give us another bloodbath in the next couple of days, we may already be in the start of the traditional Christmas rally. (crossing my fingers)

For further weekly analyses of the PSEi and of selected stocks in the market, do visit my website at http://www.tsupitero.com/ (By the way, hindi po bastos ang ibig sabihin nyan) :thumbsupsmiley:

Ikaw ba si Tsupitero? Kudos to you bro, tagal na rin ng site mo. Isa kang henyo :) More power!

hahahaha!

how did the term tsupitero came to be? kasi first time you will hear it iba pumapasok sa isip mo eh heheehe

but its a great website. more power!

Market climbed because of the huge climb in Wall Street overnight. But, nevertheless, I myself was expecting only a neutral reaction from the market. Today's behavior indicates that the market is still very resilient. As long as Wall Street doesn't give us another bloodbath in the next couple of days, we may already be in the start of the traditional Christmas rally. (crossing my fingers)

For further weekly analyses of the PSEi and of selected stocks in the market, do visit my website at http://www.tsupitero.com/ (By the way, hindi po bastos ang ibig sabihin nyan) :thumbsupsmiley:

I have a question, How come BDO shares fell these past few weeks when it is supposed to be a bigger and more powerful institution after merging with EPCI? Is this due to the sub prime mortgage problem affecting the financial institutions?

Very rare do we see a stock that remains unaffected by a major movement in the broad market.

instead of asking why, i'd rather ask what should i do? B)

I have a question, How come BDO shares fell these past few weeks when it is supposed to be a bigger and more powerful institution after merging with EPCI? Is this due to the sub prime mortgage problem affecting the financial institutions?

Reminds me of what my professor at Business School once said, "There is no such thing as a long term investors, only investors who get squeezed in a short term punt."

Invest for 1Q 08. My bets: Philodrill - where are oil prices now? Will start shipping oil in 1Q 08; Atlas - Carmen Copper to start production 1Q 08; DMCI - mining play, will start shipping nickel out of Acoje very soon; APO - MRT buyout, this could be a 2 bagger.

Stock picks for the manyaks.

J

Splash (SPH) closing price P8.50. Aray kupo! Long term na naman, puro na lang long term!!

The evening of the bombing at the Batasan a fellow stock market player txtd me that the Phisix was going to cave in the next day as a result of that incident. But lo and behold, the market rose 82 points. This affirms what my view has been all along - global liquidity flows will dictate the direction of the stock market, NOT local events. This is simply because of the weight of foreign money.

Now to give my 2 cents on the question at hand, there has been a shift away from the financial sector globally because of the sub prime mess. So Philippine banking stocks are not spared of this herd mentality as investors are just shying away from financial stocks without looking at the fundamentals. It will be hard to fight the trend so I would rather reposition my portfolio.

I think mining and energy would be interesting sector plays in the year ahead (and perhaps gaming).

J

Reminds me of what my professor at Business School once said, "There is no such thing as a long term investors, only investors who get squeezed in a short term punt."

Invest for 1Q 08. My bets: Philodrill - where are oil prices now? Will start shipping oil in 1Q 08; Atlas - Carmen Copper to start production 1Q 08; DMCI - mining play, will start shipping nickel out of Acoje very soon; APO - MRT buyout, this could be a 2 bagger.

J

Don't tell that to Warren Buffet bro :) Long term usually means 2years or more. Some even consider 1 year as long term.

J

seems quite a number are still bullish on mining... thanks for the tip.

i guess most investor are indeed routing for the companies in this sector.

Dearest trillanes,

Alam kong natataasan ka na sa presyo ng mga stocks lately kaya minabuti mong pababain silang lahat ngayon para nga naman maka-bili ulit tayo sa mababa. Gaya ni gringo, isa kang tunay na makatao at dakilang Pilipino!

Ako ay malugod na nagpapasalamat at sumasaludo sa'yo!

Mabuhay ang trillanes!!! Mabuhay ang gringo!!!

^^ i used to believe in their cause. dream of a society with justice and prosperity for all, yada yada yayda.

but nowadays all i care about is that i'm making money in the stock market. the whole country could go to @#$@# for all i care.

sorry :) dis illusioned na po. now i'm just looking after my interests as everybody else seems to be doing

Uyy meron pala nito dito :)

Newbie sa stock market here, sa ngayon im reading a lot on how to trade. Been to COL and Philstocks.ph seminars na din. Dami ko natutunan! Im planning to invest na din siguro starting next year :)

Eh kung gawa tayo ng stock trading game sa COL? para naman magka hasaan ang mga newbies and makakuha ng tips and techniques sa mga vets ?

Any takers? :)