mga sirs.. may idea po ba kayo bakit bumabagsak nanaman ung market? and nu po tingin nyong mangyayari? thanks.

the market is very volatile right now because of uncertainty over the future of the US economy caused by problems in the mortgage market. investors are scared because some believe the US is headed for a recession. now might not yet be a good time for investors, but it is an opportune time for traders.

i think right now pwede parin pumasok.

The coast seems clear... starting to build up portfolio again. No EDSA 4 so far, guilty verdict, US economy still not going into recession, imminent 0.25% FED discount, OPEC quota rise, nice GDP numbers, foreigners still net buyers, metals bouncing back.

I ignored the last tip given to me on GEO. Dang! :)

Pwede na ba pumasok ngayon? Ano maganda stock? Na dala na kasi ako sa IPO ng AP. Frist try ko pa lang lugi agad. :sick:

US a little down today bec of inflation risk. Which means everyone expects commodities to rise further. Which means gold and base metals will rise further which means a good day to get more Philex, Atlas, and any mining stock. Hedge funds unloading heavily so better stay clear of second stringers and exporters and call centers until these stop dropping. Blue chips buhay naman.

US a little down today bec of inflation risk. Which means everyone expects commodities to rise further. Which means gold and base metals will rise further which means a good day to get more Philex, Atlas, and any mining stock. Hedge funds unloading heavily so better stay clear of second stringers and exporters and call centers until these stop dropping. Blue chips buhay naman.

nice call on Philex!... that stock went up 4.2% the day you mentioned it.

disagree with the first, agree with the second.

major downtrends can last up to five years or more. kahit say 1 year nag down ang trend since you bought a stock... tapos up sya, more or less it takes the same time para makabalik from the bottom up to the level kung saan mo sya nabili... so thats two years of parking your money break even palang yun. well at least ako i cannot afford that because i don't have much money.

pero kung minor downtrend like say, 2 to 3 months pwede pa.

go GEO!!!!

More often than not it's better to stick to your guns and bear with paper losses during major downtrends. Kaya the best pa rin to invest using disposable funds para walang pressure to sell agad :)
disagree with the first, agree with the second.

major downtrends can last up to five years or more. kahit say 1 year nag down ang trend since you bought a stock... tapos up sya, more or less it takes the same time para makabalik from the bottom up to the level kung saan mo sya nabili... so thats two years of parking your money break even palang yun. well at least ako i cannot afford that because i don't have much money.

pero kung minor downtrend like say, 2 to 3 months pwede pa.

go GEO!!!!

So true bro. It boils down to individual tolerance levels. But like i said, I only trade with money that i can risk losing and this is the only reason why i can avoid cutting losses. I can still remember that faithful day July 11, 1997, the start of the first major bear market I've personally experienced. Ahhh the heartbreaks. Makes you appreciate days like these even more :)

sir, i would like to invest my money on citiseconline online trading. I want to learn more about stocks on how to invest and learn the online trading. choose the right to buy or hold at that moment. Do u guys know any seminar or learning area?

:unsure: .. i am planning to open up the minimum investment to test the market and no skill at all to choose stocks. pls help me sir.. thank you

I'm a believer in early cut loss (therefore frequent), getting back in when it's moving up again, and letting your winners run, and a mix of technical indicators. :) Next major correction, I'm considering trying short-selling the blue chips. :) The main difference between 1997 and now is that PE ratios averaged then way above 25, while right now it's at 18. The bull probably has at least a year more to run. Enjoy the market while it's still at a "normal"" PE ratio average.

According to Jim Rogers, who predicted the commodities boom starting 1999, the commodities cycle usually runs 17 to 20 years. He cautions that as long as demand still outstrips supply, commodities will keep zooming up, not necessary for 17 years. And so will speculative mining stocks. :) He foresees a near future when commodities like oil and gold will be the "ïn" investment for a few years and equities will be "out of fashion", just like in the late 70's.

What do you think?

Anyway, Deutse bought P23m worth of GEO today, more than their PX shopping today. Last time GEO and NI reached these levels, some crazy rumor spread about MIC. :)

CKP top picks daw Fil-Estate, IPVG, GEO and another stock I forgot. Got to the anniversary talk late.

Anybody with comments on I-Remit IPO? Sounds expensive if P5.70 per share at about 20x PE.

Ron Nathan warned of a correction this week. two more days to go, and the Dow looks stable tonight.