sir, i would like to invest my money on citiseconline online trading. I want to learn more about stocks on how to invest and learn the online trading. choose the right to buy or hold at that moment. Do u guys know any seminar or learning area?

:unsure: .. i am planning to open up the minimum investment to test the market and no skill at all to choose stocks. pls help me sir.. thank you

Citisec has good service. Just prepare your form and check and they'll schedule a pick-up and activation.

For today, a good safe investment I can recommend is Metrobank, (MBT) since RCB and BDO have shot up more than 20% already while it hasn't, bec foreign hedge funds are still unloading it. Otherwise, Atlas (AT) if you can buy and hold until middle of next year when the Cebu mine begins operation. Or Union Bank (UBP) now, another solid earning company that will climb surely though slowly. Or SMPH. Or Philex (PX) in case it scales back to 8.10.

If you want adrenaline rush, try getting GEO at 2.50 if possible. Or Fil-Estate (turn-around company trading below book value still.) at 1.20+

At P25,000, you can realistically get one to three stocks. It might be possible to request I-Remit IPO also. Sell on the first or second day of trading.

I'm a believer in early cut loss (therefore frequent), getting back in when it's moving up again, and letting your winners run, and a mix of technical indicators. :) Next major correction, I'm considering trying short-selling the blue chips. :) The main difference between 1997 and now is that PE ratios averaged then way above 25, while right now it's at 18. The bull probably has at least a year more to run. Enjoy the market while it's still at a "normal"" PE ratio average.

According to Jim Rogers, who predicted the commodities boom starting 1999, the commodities cycle usually runs 17 to 20 years. He cautions that as long as demand still outstrips supply, commodities will keep zooming up, not necessary for 17 years. And so will speculative mining stocks. :) He foresees a near future when commodities like oil and gold will be the "ïn" investment for a few years and equities will be "out of fashion", just like in the late 70's.

What do you think?

Anyway, Deutse bought P23m worth of GEO today, more than their PX shopping today. Last time GEO and NI reached these levels, some crazy rumor spread about MIC. :)

CKP top picks daw Fil-Estate, IPVG, GEO and another stock I forgot. Got to the anniversary talk late.

Anybody with comments on I-Remit IPO? Sounds expensive if P5.70 per share at about 20x PE.

Ron Nathan warned of a correction this week. two more days to go, and the Dow looks stable tonight.

Usd500M hot money flowed right back in this morning is this correct? Finally na-realize na ng mga kano na sobrang OA cla nung sub-prime debacle. I guess things are moving closer to stable thankfully.

I agree with your assessment of the market. I give it until next year (2008) for things to remain rosy and be aggressive (pikit mata). 2009 until 2010 still good trades but more cautious trading since 2010 presidential elections na natin yun. Pag si Noli nanalo ilalabas ko na pera ko!

Robert Kiyosaki (Rich Dad poor dad) made an interesting comment that seem to compound this concern for 2010. According to him by that time all the baby boomers are scheduled to retire and he thinks this will put a huge strain on the U.S. market. Seems logical but it's a wait and see thing for me since a lot of factors tend to cancel bad things out eventually.

I feel there's already too many IPO's with not enough money to sustain current stock prices at good levels. Plus, we've had a series of offerings that turned out to be busts. Gone are those times when sure thing ang IPO well at least not now. Sinosolo din ng mga brokers ang allocations so pahirapan na rin kumuha in the end it's not worth the effort. So I don't really buy IPO's now, last one i bought was AP so that's why :)

Advise ko lang, wag mo ng patulan ang I-Remit, pero kung pitik lang pdeng-pde pagka-kitaan basta handa ka lang lumabas agad kasi may susuporta naman dyan sa umpisa eh, i hope.

With that said, RIDE THE WINNERS!!! Woohoooo!!! Good times!

sir, i would like to invest my money on citiseconline online trading. I want to learn more about stocks on how to invest and learn the online trading. choose the right to buy or hold at that moment. Do u guys know any seminar or learning area?

:unsure: .. i am planning to open up the minimum investment to test the market and no skill at all to choose stocks. pls help me sir.. thank you

Alam ko COL (citisec) may mga seminars for individual investors. So far mukhang ok naman feedback with re to their service. But for me hassle ung mga fund transfers so i'm using Firstmetro/metrobank. Pero better kung may broker ka na maka-usap for help and guidance.

May I advice that you ease yourself into the market (hinay hinay lang muna). Hope you don't get burned right away but most have to go through this painful experience before reaping the rewards. Set aside an amount as your 'tuition fee' :) Definitely it's not gambling but no one can stop you from turning it into one.

I recently made this observation of friends, new and not so new to stock trading, who last June had nothing else to talk about but the stock prices. Then July came and went. Now whenever I try to start the topic they turn into zombies. All sold at the hint of blood so they have nothing to be happy about now that the market is back. You gotta be committed and informed if you wanna trade otherwise a mutual fund is a more appropriate investment avenue.

attend ka ng seminar ng citisec "investing in the stock market today". its a 4-hour seminar for newbies. libre lang yun may snacks pa! :)

I have sold most of my stock yesterday, except my MBT n MER. Preparing in case for the US Job report on friday dosen't have good number in it.

Good for you bro, solid naman ang mbt and mer eh. Ok p naman ang market kanina hope it holds tomorrow, slowly nagiging contrarian na ang mga emerging markets vs the U.S. which is good in the long run i think. Things will hopefully pave the way for a clear 7 year running of the bulls :) Iwas tuhog lang nga!

Hard call... I'm maxed out of ideas now. UBP, hasn't recovered, though it's slow moving, but a strong earner.

Try requesting for I-Remit IPO at the home page. The offering isn't too big. Should be easy for the underwriters to support the price once it's starts trading later this month. Otherwise....

The general market is set to push up tomorrow, following US gains last friday, hitting 3800, which may stand as market resistance again. A correction is possible on tuesday or after, which means it may be better to wait for stock prices to fall on tuesday...

Other ideas... possibly VUL and CMT, bec they haven't shot back to June prices.

Banco de Oro, BDO. It traced back last friday. That's a relatively safe buy at 100 shares.

Try buying the minimum number of shares first, to get a better feel of the market and the concept of "portfolio".

LND also, try 1000 shares, since it has traced back for 2 days already.

Try Tsupitero.com tomorrow at 9am and look for latest updated support (buying) price for some choice volatile stocks. Medyo volatile lang nga

But no one can guarantee a stock that won't trace down this week, maybe better to go for the Iremit IPO.

arkitekto,

did you ride the PA wave? :-) saya e!

Congrats for your PA.

Posted at 0.18 the day before the start of the run... DANG! Mahirap kumita kung barat hehe. Then decided not to chase the run. Sayang din, but I'm still trying to get the "feel" of PA. Since, it's the wildest in the market. Could be time to start getting small amount going down from 0.25... but I'm happy with MIC and NI for now :) I was given a tip that it will retreat to 0.15... before the run. Guess the tip was wrong... AGAIN. For me, better to trust technical analysis from now on, more reliable than tips, which have a low batting average for me, or the tips get very old quickly.

Tsupitero.com advises getting at 0.235-0.24 maybe where he estimates the support will be. Naturally, it's the Chart of the Week. :)

Congrats for your PA.

Posted at 0.18 the day before the start of the run... DANG! Mahirap kumita kung barat hehe. Then decided not to chase the run. Sayang din, but I'm still trying to get the "feel" of PA. Since, it's the wildest in the market. Could be time to start getting small amount going down from 0.25... but I'm happy with MIC and NI for now :) I was given a tip that it will retreat to 0.15... before the run. Guess the tip was wrong... AGAIN. For me, better to trust technical analysis from now on, more reliable than tips, which have a low batting average for me, or the tips get very old quickly.

Tsupitero.com advises getting at 0.235-0.24 maybe where he estimates the support will be. Naturally, it's the Chart of the Week. :)

Thanks! At tama ka, mahirap kumita pag barat. I got in at .21/.2150. Pero not bad a profit na rin eh? :-) I haven't tried NI and MIC since I entered the market. When I looked at MIC, wow, laking pagsisisi ko! My PA bets were mostly on gut feel. Katakot. Have been profiting from PA and GEO from its wildness for a couple of times na. And I'll probably enjoy this one for the last time... one for the road ika nga. After this, takot na talaga ako, baka sinuswerte lang. TA is still the best for me -- look at OV and GEO before its correction. :-)

Good luck to us!

Mali na naman pasok ko sa PA! Akala ko medyo support level na at .25!!! May bagsak pa pala!!! :blush:

hehehe, pareho tayo aspogg. took a bit of profit kanina, then, posted immediately at .25. dem! tama si tsupitero! mukhang .2350/.24. pero ok lang (pinipilit kong kumbinsihin ako na ok lang, hehehe), unless you are more of a day trader?

[syet, may .2250 pa.]

pero if you'll look at the charts nila, usuall yung black after a couple of days na run up. sana ganun nga... :-)

Edited by anarkista
Mali na naman pasok ko sa PA! Akala ko medyo support level na at .25!!! May bagsak pa pala!!! :blush:

Bought a small amount at .235, then some more at .225. If it traces back more, might shift some more into it. The medium term looks good, for me. But it's heart-stopping action. The way GE-MI-NI felt before, but 3x as wild. :)

hiddenhunter,

you have to first set your risk tolerance profile first before anybody can give you a recommendation. The stocks that some of the people here in this forum are talking about are rather speculative and not for the faint of heart. You can browse the PSE website and see the volatility of their prices by looking at the charts.

hiddenhunter,

tama, my apologies. i jumped into the assumption that you have a high risk tolerance. well, you may have that profile but i am not sure. tama si codenamev. assess your risk tolerance muna. geo and pa (yung mga shares ko) are mostly speculative. like ngayon, i just experienced 30K paperloss. but then, to me, its something i can sleep with pa. the volatility of these stocks is so high that you might find portfolio only 50% of what you originally have in just a day or two.

thanks, boss codenamev sa pag-check.

hiddenhunter,

tama, my apologies. i jumped into the assumption that you have a high risk tolerance. well, you may have that profile but i am not sure. tama si codenamev. assess your risk tolerance muna. geo and pa (yung mga shares ko) are mostly speculative. like ngayon, i just experienced 30K paperloss. but then, to me, its something i can sleep with pa. the volatility of these stocks is so high that you might find portfolio only 50% of what you originally have in just a day or two.

thanks, boss codenamev sa pag-check.

Hard call... I'm maxed out of ideas now. UBP, hasn't recovered, though it's slow moving, but a strong earner.

Try requesting for I-Remit IPO at the home page. The offering isn't too big. Should be easy for the underwriters to support the price once it's starts trading later this month. Otherwise....

The general market is set to push up tomorrow, following US gains last friday, hitting 3800, which may stand as market resistance again. A correction is possible on tuesday or after, which means it may be better to wait for stock prices to fall on tuesday...

Other ideas... possibly VUL and CMT, bec they haven't shot back to June prices.

Banco de Oro, BDO. It traced back last friday. That's a relatively safe buy at 100 shares.

Try buying the minimum number of shares first, to get a better feel of the market and the concept of "portfolio".

LND also, try 1000 shares, since it has traced back for 2 days already.

Try Tsupitero.com tomorrow at 9am and look for latest updated support (buying) price for some choice volatile stocks. Medyo volatile lang nga

But no one can guarantee a stock that won't trace down this week, maybe better to go for the Iremit IPO.

hiddenhunter,

you have to first set your risk tolerance profile first before anybody can give you a recommendation. The stocks that some of the people here in this forum are talking about are rather speculative and not for the faint of heart. You can browse the PSE website and see the volatility of their prices by looking at the charts.

thank you for your reply.. i like to start my investment of 25,000 to test my skill... kasi baguhan po, sayng naman ung pera kung hindi mo alam ang ginagawa mo.. .. have u login in citiseconline.. what does the new product like I REMIT PO? what does it mean? with a 25,000 investment, should i start in the mining stock kasi it less than 50 cent to 1 peso per stock.. there is a minimum boardlot for each stock if i plan to invest 25,000, i can only buy mining stock, to get a big volume than to buy like financial, property etc.... thank you again

Any stock you buy will be at a minimum board lot of P1000 to P9950, depending on the trade price. The Citisec FAQ has a list of trade lots at price brackets. Doesn't matter if they're mining or not. You can buy 1 share of TEL kahit libo libo na ang price, but you have to buy 100,000 shares minimum lot for MA or ISM. You can buy any stock with that P25,000. But stay away for now from stocks at or exactly or just slightly above P1, P10, P100, P0.10 bec if it goes down, the board lot will change, and you won't be able to sell at the main board.

But the more important thing is consider is risk appetite, wika ni codenameV.

Everytime you buy then sell a share, you pay about .6% to the broker and .5% in capital gains tax. so almost 1.1%, whether or not your stock goes up or down. So, better minimize your trades for the safer slow-moving stocks. But those are the ones you want to try at first.

I recommended UBP bec it's one of the best long term buy on paper. It's earnings per share will probably be at least P10 a share compared to current price of P54.50. Price to Equity Book Value is only 2x, cheaper than all the other banks except RCBC. Citisec also has earnings growth projections under the daily "investment guide" on their homepage. But I can't guarantee the stock price won't go down, but it still can, since the market will have a minor correction tomorrow, and maybe the day after, bec it hasn't had one for too high a run-up.

Just try 100 shares. It's safe. P5500 You can choose not to check stock prices for a week or a month.

Iremit is a company that will soon list on the PSE for its first time, therefore Initial Public Offering (IPO). The public can buy 4000 shares at P4.70 each this week, before it lists by the end of the month. Usually the underwriter makes it rewarding for the public to get it by pushing the stock up on opening day. Sometimes the underwriter is weak, sometimes the public thinks the price is already too expensive, sometimes the stock price can shoot up 50% on 1st day, sometimes it can fall 15% on first day.

Just try 1000 shares. It's a speculative offer. P4700

Try the Quotes section of Citisec, click Charting and research the price histories and trends of all the stocks you're interested in.

Try a volatile stock like Pacifica tomorrow so that you see how wild it is. Since it just corrected after a sharp rise, some would advise buying some now. It's a volatile stock, so it's good for day-trading. It's medium term direction is up, its price has just oscillated down, and idiots like us who just bought a so-far worthless "speculative company" stock, expect the price to go up. :) But since there are many idiots like us who expect that worthless company to gain value in the future as a new mining company, the price may go up as it did last month and last week. Or it can go down and we'll lose money, if the stock doesn't ever go up in value again. It's not a long term stock to hold. Try selling it when it goes up and you expect it won't anymore and buy when you think it has gone down so much more idiots like us will buy a lot again to push it up.

Try just 10,000 shares. It's crazy. :) P2300

You still have money for other stocks, but better to wait for the correction tomorrow and the day after to blow past before buying again. The mining stocks will go down since mining prices retreated last night in the US on stronger dollar. Good buying opportunities will appear soon for all kinds of stocks.

Research www.pse.org and all of citisec. Also try investingator.org